Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tense Town Hall Meeting

Kowalski

Don't mock him. People as far left as he is have a bonafide mental disability, and it's not funny to make fun of the mentally handicapped

PRICELESS :w00t: A tip of the hat to you sir!
  • Like 1

But never will you see a the child of a mother who gunned down an attacker get their chance to publicly speak for why they oppose gun control, and why they are alive.

• Like 3

You show a complete lack of empathy for this woman who is suffering, and exhibit all of the traits of intolerance and demeaning for which Gun Lobbyists are famous. You clearly support NO background checks at all (such as at Gun Shows, Private Sales) - is that because you would never pass such checks yourself?

Murder by gun in the USA is 4 X HIGHER than in ANY other developed Nation. It is in fact 32 X HIGHER than in the UK (Deaths per 100,00)

Surely, a "Sick" person would be weeded out if proper checks were in in place??

Gee, the US has 313.9 million people living in it (well, at least documented people living in it), while the UK has 62.64 million people living in it, so yes, there would be way more deaths.

There is a reason why there are no background checks done on private sale... there is no system in place (nor will there ever be) that will allow a private citizen to run a check on another (you know, that pesky Constitution prevents it).

Also, it doesn't matter how many more gun related deaths either place has. What does matter, is that the UK has a ban on handguns and semi-auto and full auto "assault weapons", yet there is still a larger number of people being killed by someone with a gun than there should be - given the fact that they are BANNED. But, you (and others) appear too stupid to understand that those willing to break 1 law are willing to break many others, therefor, bans will never work.

Please, get your head out of your hind quarters, and do some real research so you know what the hell you are talking about.

Oh, and no, a "sick" (as in evil enough to kill children) person wouldn't be weeded out. Look at most of the serial killers over the last few decades (and even longer)... Ted Bundy, for example, was thought to be a normal and nice guy. They have yet to catch the Zodiac killer, so that means that he must not be overtly "sick", otherwise even cops from the 70s would have figured out who it was. Plus, you can not take into account for someone just snapping. One could argue that there are observable triggers, but I have to disagree. I have seen people snap with no warning. I have also seen people that everyone was waiting to snap, that didn't. There are a few that you think might snap, and they do, but that is a tiny number compared to the ones you think will snap that never do.

Edited by MstrMsn
  • Like 2

really smart. having a shootout in a classroom. do you even think about this? :no:

Honestly? Did you even read what you typed before you hit post?

Think about it....

• Like 2

But never will you see a the child of a mother who gunned down an attacker get their chance to publicly speak for why they oppose gun control, and why they are alive.

That's because mainstream media is controlled by the left, and will never show anything that doesn't fit with their agenda.

• Like 2

As an outsider looking in I have a question. If everyone has to carry a gun to feel safe, how safe are you?

I mean look at the comments from some of you. It sounds like you're blaming the woman for getting shot for not carrying a gun. And if she had a gun what then? Would it be the gun wasn't big enough?

Also, it doesn't matter how many more gun related deaths either place has. What does matter, is that the UK has a ban on handguns and semi-auto and full auto "assault weapons", yet there is still a larger number of people being killed by someone with a gun than there should be - given the fact that they are BANNED. But, you (and others) appear too stupid to understand that those willing to break 1 law are willing to break many others, therefor, bans will never work.

The thing about America that I don't get is this. A lot of kids manage to get hold of guns and kill themselves (or accidentally kill others). There also seems to be a highschool/college shooting every few months. Now here in the Uk we do have a gun ban and while you are right, criminals won't really care either way about it, when was the last time you heard of a shootout in a Uk school? When was the last time you heard of a kid shooting themselves in the head here? Yet those events are commonplace in America and people act like they're just collatoral damage or use the former as an excuse to arm more people and it just... it seems absolutely absurd.

The UK is not a gun happy nation, only gang members carry guns or people who go shooting. knife crime is growing done

NRA official: 'Culture war' more than gun rights

HOUSTON (AP) — The National Rifle Association kicked off its annual convention Friday with a warning from its incoming president that its members are engaged in a "culture war" that stretches beyond gun rights, further ramping up emotions surrounding the gun control debate.

NRA First Vice President James Porter, who will take over the top job Monday, issued a full-throated challenge in the opening hours to President Barack Obama after the NRA's major victory on gun control and a call to dig in for a long fight that will stretch into the 2014 elections.

More than 70,000 NRA members are expected to attend the three-day convention amid the backdrop of the defeat of a major gun control bill in the U.S. Senate that was introduced after December's mass shooting at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school.

Porter's remarks came in a short speech to about 300 people at a grass-roots organizing meeting and set the tone for a "Stand and Fight"-themed convention that is part gun trade show, political rally and strategy meeting.

"This is not a battle about gun rights," Porter said, calling it "a culture war."

"(You) here in this room are the fighters for freedom. We are the protectors," said Porter, whose father was NRA president from 1959-1960.

On Friday afternoon, a political forum will feature speeches from several state and national conservative leaders, including Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, former Pennsylvania senator and presidential candidate Rick Santorum and Sen. Ted Cruz, a Republican Texas firebrand who has become one of the top tea party voices in Washington since being elected last year.

Wayne LaPierre, the NRA's brash, no-compromises chief executive, speaks to the convention Saturday before the "Stand and Fight" rally that night.

Rob Heagy, a former parole officer from San Francisco, agreed with Porter's description of a culture war.

"It is a cultural fight on those ten guarantees," referencing the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution. "Mr. Obama said he wasn't going after our guns. As soon as the Connecticut thing happened, he came after our guns."

NRA Executive Director Chris Cox bragged about the organization's efforts to defeat the gun control bill.

"It was great to see the president throw a temper tantrum in the Rose Garden," Cox said.

Gun control advocates were determined to have a presence outside the convention hall. Across the street Friday, the No More Names vigil read the names of gun violence victims since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre. Gun control advocates also planned a petition drive to support expanded background checks and a Saturday demonstration outside the convention hall.

Erica Lafferty, whose mother, Sandy Hook principal Dawn Hochsprung, was killed by the gunman, was outside the building and said she hoped to talk to as many NRA members as she could.

"I am not against people owning guns. I am asking for safe and responsible gun ownership and gun laws. I don't understand where the problem is with background checks," Lafferty said.

Inside the convention hall, visitors strolled past acres of displays of rifles, pistols, swords and hunting gear. Under Texas law, attendees could conceal and carry weapons with a permit.

Debbie and Daniel Ferris of Gun Barrel City, Texas, also agreed with Porter's assessment of a culture war.

"It's about fighting tyranny," said Debbie Ferris, who has been an NRA member for five years. Her 35-year-old husband is a lifetime member.

"We don't like to be pushed around," Daniel Ferris said. "We are free Americans."

Taken from http://news.yahoo.com/nra-official-culture-war-more-gun-rights-163302097.html

Our gun laws that are already in place stopped Lanza from legally buying a gun, he stole the ones he used. Stealing is also against the law. So how would more gun laws stopped this?

I feel sorry for her for losing her mother but lack of gun laws didn't cause this. Just one nut job did.

• Like 7

Our gun laws that are already in place stopped Lanza from legally buying a gun, he stole the ones he used. Stealing is also against the law. So how would more gun laws stopped this?

I feel sorry for her for losing her mother but lack of gun laws didn't cause this. Just one nut job did.

Exactly!! :tu:

• Like 1

Ummm,even if it had been one of my kids killed ,no WAY ,if I live in Connecticut ,would I travel to frigging new Hampshire to yell at one senator amongst dozens.

That makes no sense to me ,what so ever .

Hate to say it,but it sounds like a pre meditated photo op .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Ummm,even if it had been one of my kids killed ,no WAY ,if I live in Connecticut ,would I travel to frigging new Hampshire to yell at one senator amongst dozens.

That makes no sense to me ,what so ever .

Hate to say it,but it sounds like a pre meditated photo op .

I'm sure it was. I know that sounds mean but I call it like I see it.

• Like 1

Just in case you don't know, in a political forum, there are not "dozens" of senators for each state but only two. And New Hampshire is, in fact, very close by to Massachusetts - hardly a long trip.

Just in case you don't know, in a political forum, there are not "dozens" of senators for each state but only two. And New Hampshire is, in fact, very close by to Massachusetts - hardly a long trip.

Just incase you are missing the point...

Traveling to another state (and by this, we mean - not the state you are a legal resident of) to say anything to a senator is useless, except as a publicity stunt.

It would be like me, a resident of Massachusetts, telling either Mark Kirk or Dick Durbin that they should be ashamed of themselves for voting for against reducing the payroll tax rate.

• Like 3

Just incase you are missing the point...

Traveling to another state (and by this, we mean - not the state you are a legal resident of) to say anything to a senator is useless, except as a publicity stunt.

I guess you're missing the point. That's exactly how the Tea party got some congress critters elected. By a traveling road show to many state districts.

I guess you're missing the point. That's exactly how the Tea party got some congress critters elected. By a traveling road show to many state districts.

Huge difference in campaigning in another state, compared to going to a meeting for RESIDENTS of that state/city/town to talk to their elected officials that represent them, and not being from that state/city/town.

But, you don't really care about logic and clarification, do you? You only care about what you can twist to make it seem like your point is valid.

You show a complete lack of empathy for this woman who is suffering, and exhibit all of the traits of intolerance and demeaning for which Gun Lobbyists are famous. You clearly support NO background checks at all (such as at Gun Shows, Private Sales) - is that because you would never pass such checks yourself?

Murder by gun in the USA is 4 X HIGHER than in ANY other developed Nation. It is in fact 32 X HIGHER than in the UK (Deaths per 100,00)

Surely, a "Sick" person would be weeded out if proper checks were in in place??

Well since you want to get all matter-of-fact with us and patronize us with statistics.. I will respond with the utmost diplomacy. ;)

In the USA, "use of a firearm" is defined very broadly. In some cases "use" can even be as broad as just having it on you, without ever pulling the firearm out or even firing it.

Another thing to note is that in the USA we document crime statistics in a per incident basis, where in other countries they document on a per case basis.

How does that make a difference? 6 armed robberies occur in say Italy by the same man.. The statistical recording is that of a single incident involving a gun, which resulted in 6 counts of armed robbery. In the US, that would have been 6 separately recorded incidents, in which each had a single armed robbery.

For example: I man walks down a street with a gun on his waist(perfectly hidden away), he chases a crowd of say 8 people threatening to "kick their asses"...

Statistics will show, 8 separate crimes which consisted of Aggravated Assault. Wait why? Although he did not expose his firearm, or even fire it... In the legal definition of assault.. it can become escalated to aggravated assault if a firearm is on the person committing the crime.(This is not the only law that does this)

So yea, 4x and 32x... Only? Wow... Should be more by those standards, not like our competition has completely banned guns and we haven't or anything like that..

Best and Brightest: College Students Sign Petition to “Ban Pressure Cookers” *Video*

Not to be outdone by the hundreds of Californians who recently signed a petition to authorize a government sponsored door-to-door confiscations of firearms, college students in Miami-Dade county have stepped up in the interest of America’s safety and security to ban another hazardous weapon of mass destruction – the common kitchen pressure cooker.

You can’t make this stuff up…

Posing as a liberal activist, the petitioner makes her case by claiming pressure cookers, “were actually used in the Boston bombing, so we’re just trying to limit who can get them,” adding that her organization is, “just trying to keep people safe by reducing the number of them.”

Our best and brightest were more than happy to oblige.

Due to the recent bombings at the Boston Marathon, caused by bombs that were made with pressure cookers, we are asking that they be removed from shelves at local stores in the Miami-Dade county area.

We, the undersigned, are concerned citizens who urge our leaders to act now to ban the sale of pressure cookers in the Miami-Dade county area.

http://www.infowars....-cookers-video/

I can't believe people actually signed this! There must be too much fluoride in the water...

The entire thing was a mockery of the President's push for the Assault Weapons ban.. I actually know some of the people involved in the incident, but I refused to partake because I have no interest in mocking a man who can legally order a drone to rain down hell from above on me.

Edited by xFelix
  • Like 2

Huge difference in campaigning in another state, compared to going to a meeting for RESIDENTS of that state/city/town to talk to their elected officials that represent them, and not being from that state/city/town.

Nope. That's exactly what the Tea Party did.