Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ohio executes convicted murderer

Keel M.

Good riddance!!

Steve Smith, 46, was executed by lethal injection at the state prison in Lucasville in southern Ohio for the 1998 killing of his live-in girlfriend's daughter, Autumn Carter, in Mansfield. Smith had recently tried to get his sentence reduced to life in prison, arguing that he was too drunk to realize that his assault was killing Autumn and that he didn't mean to hurt her. The Ohio Parole Board and Gov. John Kasich turned him down unanimously.

Full story

• Like 1

I know it was his attorney speaking, but how can he call it an alcohol fueled crime?

There's already a deep, dark sickness in your head if you are capable of that, even intoxicated.

Edited by Queen in the North
  • Like 4

Oh, capital punishment, never leave us or we'll be left with these monsters.

• Like 6

rapes an infant.... thats sick

• Like 1

I can admit I drink too much and get wasted. NEVER, no matter how drunk, when I can't stand, have I ever had a thought of such a heinous crime. All child molesters first offense, no matter how severe, needs the death sentence. They don't deserve the air they breathe.

• Like 6

Quote-

''his only child, 21-year-old

Brittney, and his niece''

yeah, I bet she was.....

Steve Smith committed a heinous crime and left a wake of pain and sorrow that will never ease up. I can't even begun to know what the mother felt. Also his daughter, not only did she have to watch her father sure, she has to live with the knowledge of what her daddy did to a baby girl like she once was.

I agree. I think these types of predators need to feel the same pain and fear they inflicted on their victim before they are executed.

Capital punishment is a tough subject until a crime like this... why should he serve a life sentence? In his state capital punishment was a law long before he chose to do what he did so, oh well. Your turn to die.

I just wish we had an eye for an eye law.

• Like 1

I find it bizarre that his Daughter would standby him after committing such an horrendous crime. Justice has been served and Oxygen saved.

• Like 1

The law, and common sense, say's that if you are unknowingly given a drug and commit a crime, that you are NOT necessarily guilty of the full extent of that crime. Fine, makes perfect sense. Most countries, if not all, recognize that.

But, if you knowingly give yourself a drug and commit a crime, you are guilty because, if you are an adult, it is reasonably assumed that you are previously aware(whilst sober) that there is a clear risk of personal bizarre behavior that could result in harm to other's.

So, if you are going to drink into oblivion, or shoot heroin in the same manner(or whatever), do so at your own risk, and preferably well away from others, like a weekend cabin or such...ALONE...

Harm yourself, no-one else.

• Like 1

I agree. I think these types of predators need to feel the same pain and fear they inflicted on their victim before they are executed.

Capital punishment is a tough subject until a crime like this... why should he serve a life sentence? In his state capital punishment was a law long before he chose to do what he did so, oh well. Your turn to die.

So true.

ermmmm.....think about that one in regard to this particular case!

I always used to say I didn't agree with the death penalty. But as I get older and see more and more sick evil twisted individuals like this, my views are definitely changing. Nothing can bring that baby girl back or un-do what he did...... but I am still glad that he is dead.

• Like 2

I can admit I drink too much and get wasted.

you said that like it was a bad thing??

:-D

• Like 1

Just like to remind people to keep comments in line with the forum and not stray into the realms of unnecessarily descriptive revenge tactics. Thanks.

Just like to remind people to keep comments in line with the forum and not stray into the realms of unnecessarily descriptive revenge tactics. Thanks.

sorry sky scanner.

topics like this will always cause people's emotions to run high, especially people with kids of their own. but, point taken.....

• Like 3

The punishment fit the crime. I just don't see how you could get that drunk to not realize you would kill her.

• Like 1

I just don't see how you could get that drunk to not realize you would kill her.

to be honest hilander, I don't think he WAS that drunk, he was just using it as an excuse for what he did. if you were so drunk that you'd unknowingly have sex with a six-month old baby, then you'd certainly be too drunk to perform the act, at least without a bucketful of viagara, and if you DID take a bucketful of viagara, then you'd be sober enough to know WHY you'd taken it!

the guy was just using alcohol as a way to try and get his sentence commuted, and thankfully, the judge & jury didn't buy it!

• Like 3

to be honest hilander, I don't think he WAS that drunk, he was just using it as an excuse for what he did. if you were so drunk that you'd unknowingly have sex with a six-month old baby, then you'd certainly be too drunk to perform the act, at least without a bucketful of viagara, and if you DID take a bucketful of viagara, then you'd be sober enough to know WHY you'd taken it!

the guy was just using alcohol as a way to try and get his sentence commuted, and thankfully, the judge & jury didn't buy it!

Agree. He was probably already a long time pedophile.

• Like 1

Agree. He was probably already a long time pedophile.

not any more he's not!

yaaaayy!!

:-)