Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this a Loch Ness Monster relative on film?

Commander CMG

I don't know what I hate more, low res video or constant zooming in and out.

• Like 1

Con all Melarkey + object that appears to be being towed + guy fishing in a sports jacket = HOAX

I am thinking it is some kind of submersible. Just before it begins to submerge it looks like air is being released and it happens again just after it is completely submerged. This would be consistent with a submersible pumping air out of the tanks (water into them).

I think the clue is in the student's surname: MELARKEY!!!! nuff said? :lol:

He should have gone a little more subtle, maybe Beau Gus or Fay Kerr or May Dupp... lol

• Like 3

Definitely fake,doesn't even look natural.The object is towed in some way.

Lumpy humped back. Acipenser oxyrinchus oxyrinchus? Titanohyrax maritimus?

a whale of any sort does not stay above water for that long

looks like a head of a hippo. especially the head shape and eyes. There are hippos living in some deep waters but not sure how this one could have found its way to this lake. Maybe an escapee from a zoo or a private collector....but it definitely looks like a hippo.

Looks fake to me and why would anyone go out fishing in a suit?

Why would someone put on a suit to go out in a dinghy to film a hoax of a cryptid?

The link claims he was filming for a college project, not that he was out fishing (I know he can be seen with a fishing rod) so we simply don't know why the suit. I don't see what difference it makes, given that it makes as much sense to go out in a small fishing boat in a suit to fish as it does to go out in a small fishing boat in a suit to film a fake cryptid.

Having said that, I highly doubt this is some sort of previously undiscovered species.

• Like 1

Fake...nobody fish's in a suit lol,

Why would someone put on a suit to go out in a dinghy to film a hoax of a cryptid?

The link claims he was filming for a college project, not that he was out fishing (I know he can be seen with a fishing rod) so we simply don't know why the suit.

;)

I agree with Archimedes. Fishing in a suit? no. And it does look like it's being towed, rather than moving on it's own.

Fake.

Its the loch ness' cousin.

Look nothing.

that is funny people always so quick to say something like hoax right away or some other excuse.i have a message to the people or person that caught this on film don't listen to them ignore them and continue on.you will find people that believe you i am one of them but i also do my own research and i know there are good honest people that do capture weird or out of the normal things on video or camera or etc.

• Like 1

that is funny people always so quick to say something like hoax right away or some other excuse.i have a message to the people or person that caught this on film don't listen to them ignore them and continue on.you will find people that believe you i am one of them but i also do my own research and i know there are good honest people that do capture weird or out of the normal things on video or camera or etc.

lol What is funny is how some people are able to accept such abhorrent "evidence" as tangible, credible and factual. The largest "tell" that this is a hoax is the video itself. With the advancements in video-graphical technologies I find it outlandish to believe the very moment this person zooms in to the "creature" close enough to obtain a clear view of the object, it becomes so blurry we cannot postulate as to what we're looking at. If you know anything about video recording technology, you would know that there is simply nothing in frame that would cause this camera to become blurred, except for the manual interference of the focus itself.

So, this affords us the opportunity to question; "Why would one blur the image when zooming in close to the "creature?" The answer? Because the "Creature" is fake.

Case Closed. You don't need to look any further in to this video after the first sign of dishonesty is revealed. If the creator of this short film was dishonest about one aspect, and a major aspect at that, then the aforementioned credibility and entirety of the film is negated as well. Cheers! :tu:

Edit: Wanted to add, I don't know about you, but when I go out on the lake to fish for the day I wear a suit jacket, slacks and dress shirt as well! :P

Edited by ColoradoParanormal
  • Like 1

A lot of people go boating or fishing in strange suits.

I don't have any tangible evidence, but it is of human characteristic to dress improperly for other means.

I love how everyone is focusing on the well-dressed gentleman rather than discussing what may or may not have been swimming.

I, among countless others have suited rather wrong for the occasion. I went boating once and wore jeans and a shirt, no lifejacket. I know how to swim!

Perhaps this well-clad young fellow was dressed this way to make the project more fancy and professional.

Who knows how long before or after they filmed for their project.

We don't know if it was a deliberate hoax, but the astounded face(one that leaned forward to get a better glimpse, perhaps?), on the separate boat seemed rather real.

Actors or not..

This thread is to discuss unknown creatures and what-not.. I agree that those involved with reactions remain as evidence.

The astounded boatman leaning towards the waters and the well-clad individual with his falsified smile lead me to believe it was a hoax.

Come on...."Con-all" "Melarkey" at least be more creative and subtle with the name, by the way there's a power boat just out of view towing it! Sorry should have stuck to the toy submarines!

He's wearing a school uniform, not a suit. It's Ireland. If it was being towed, whatever is towing it would be creating a wake. I see no evidence of a wake, at the end the camera does zoom out quite a bit and there is nothing in the direction it's heading (if its being towed) it's an interesting video.

• Like 2

He's wearing a school uniform, not a suit. It's Ireland. If it was being towed, whatever is towing it would be creating a wake. I see no evidence of a wake, at the end the camera does zoom out quite a bit and there is nothing in the direction it's heading (if its being towed) it's an interesting video.

Nice to see, someone who is actually trying to look at the video, and analyse the evidence, instead of just instantly proclaiming it to be fake.

It might still be fake though, could it be a homemade sub of some kind?

It does not really appear to move naturally, but still, could it be a whale with some kind of growth on its back? Maybe after being injured by a boat. The lake is connected to the sea, so you never know what might come into the lake.

Edited by squidboy

They panicked rather calmly don't you think

• Like 1

What makes me laugh is how people completely ignored the entirety of my previous post and stuck to one thing I wrote, about him wearing dress clothes. The post was actually about the validity of the film and that this clearly is a hoax. Please, read an entire post before thinking you have premise to knock it.

• Like 1

Especially for you they uploaded another vid with real footage:

The guy in the suit is most telling for me, that smug grin on his face, completely unmoved by this large creature in the water, so unmoved he grins and is rather flippant with his body language about what he just saw. Screams fake to me. Someone just out of shot is towing it.

i do agree with some of the skeptics however if our technology here on planet earth is so advance like how they say why do people most of the time get crappy photos or videos?part of me tells me that most or some of these so called sighting are just phonies and fakes.we are more advance in technology than we think we are i know that for certain but some people are hiding this technology