Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Youtube Problems

StarMountainKid

Anyone else having trouble with Youtube videos slow loading? Slow buffering seems to be the problem where I'm at. There's a lot of complaints about this if you google about it. I don't know if it's my ISP throttling down bandwidth or what. Whatever the cause it's annoying.

• Like 1

Yes, for the past few days YouTube has been having so many issues.

For like 3 days straight all videos appeared to have 0 Dislikes, then comments were randomly being translated to strange languages.

Now its slow buffering and terrible video response time..

They need to release a statement or at-least announce they are having issues?

Youtube has turned to **** since Google got their paws on it.

• Like 1

I also saw that on my secondry channel my name is replaced by a long string of random letters, view counts reset to zero, channel views stuck and not showing any increase, some videos not able to be viewed on mobile devices but no reason given. Certainly google have destroyed youtube.

Anyone else having trouble with Youtube videos slow loading? Slow buffering seems to be the problem where I'm at. There's a lot of complaints about this if you google about it. I don't know if it's my ISP throttling down bandwidth or what. Whatever the cause it's annoying.

How are you accessing it? I find that it sometimes slows using the mobile app. Rarely on the full site.

Youtube has turned to **** since Google got their paws on it.

Certainly google have destroyed youtube.

Do you guys even know what you are talking about? Youtube was created in Feb 2005, Google has owned it since Nov 2006. I would say Google made Youtube

Do you guys even know what you are talking about? Youtube was created in Feb 2005, Google has owned it since Nov 2006. I would say Google made Youtube

I think maybe they let them get on with it for a few years and then started to meddle with a format that did not need radically changing. It is very noticible that since we have the, to me, unwanted intrusion of google + etc, then youtube has gone down hill rapidly. Removing the ability to create channel designs has made it bland and corporate. Yes, I know it is to make it multi platform so it will display properly on a TV or mobile, but on my S3 and S 5.0 the channels do not display as advertised, some videos are not avilable. It is a mess and I wait for a realistic alternative, probably a long wait, but who knows.

I think maybe they let them get on with it for a few years and then started to meddle with a format that did not need radically changing. It is very noticible that since we have the, to me, unwanted intrusion of google + etc, then youtube has gone down hill rapidly.

Honestly does not matter if you like Google + or not. Like FB, Reddit etc it's here to stay.

Removing the ability to create channel designs has made it bland and corporate.

Go to the source, make a complaint on the Youtube forums. Complaining about it here is just whining.

Yes, I know it is to make it multi platform so it will display properly on a TV or mobile, but on my S3 and S 5.0 the channels do not display as advertised, some videos are not avilable. It is a mess and I wait for a realistic alternative, probably a long wait, but who knows.

The problem maybe with your app or it might be your mobile data connection. Desktop site works fine

If videos are not available on mobile it is because the uploader has not made them available on mobile. Nothing to do with Google or Youtube.

Honestly does not matter if you like Google + or not. Like FB, Reddit etc it's here to stay.

Go to the source, make a complaint on the Youtube forums. Complaining about it here is just whining.

The problem maybe with your app or it might be your mobile data connection. Desktop site works fine

If videos are not available on mobile it is because the uploader has not made them available on mobile. Nothing to do with Google or Youtube.

Making comment is not "whining". As for videos not available on mobile, well, I cannot even view some of my own videos that I have uploaded correctly and made available for mobile. re-uploaded and same problem. Problem is with youtube, not me.

Then complain to youtube. Go to their help forums.

And the OP on this thread is......

Excuse me for posting ontopic.......

Whining and bashing youtube are not on topic, the topic question was Anyone else having trouble with Youtube videos slow loading? Slow buffering seems to be the problem where I'm at.

Same problems here, with slow loading/buffering

Also some videos, when trying to watch them it start's to play and then displays a warning symbol in the middle of a white screen where the video is supposed to be, saying that it need's flashplayer to display, which I have installed and upgraded to the latest version, and have for some time now, I normally refresh the page and then it displays fine

Whining and bashing youtube are not on topic, the topic question was Anyone else having trouble with Youtube videos slow loading? Slow buffering seems to be the problem where I'm at.

As the OP I don't mind anyone bashing youtube in this thread if it's a legitimate complaint. Topics of threads In my opinion can be broad enough to go sensibly off-topic and still be generally on-topic.

I say this because in many threads posters will go off-topic but still remain in the general spirit of the thread. I think in many instances this enriches the thread and broadens the theme to include a variety of ideas relating to the OP's intention.

Of course, this post itself is off-topic. As the OP, I may complain to myself about this after I push the "Post" button.

• Like 1

I have no problem with legitimate questions.

I do have a problem with bashing.

Personally I think that if A-P is having uploader/display issues and doesn't go to the Youtube help forums for assistance then he is foolish.

Personally I think that if A-P is having uploader/display issues and doesn't go to the Youtube help forums for assistance then he is foolish

I've been looking at Youtube help forums for a while and all I see are a lot of complaints but no solutions from Youtube, at least solutions for my and many others similar problem. When they do give a reply, it's a stock answer that may or may not specifically address or resolve the person's problem, especially if the problem is Youtube's fault. Of course, it my be the user's fault as well.

Personally, I don't think this member is foolish to vent here. We all can become frustrated with something not working properly and seize an opportunity to express our frustrations. After all, my Topic is entitled "Youtube Problems". The videos not playing properly is my problem with Youtube, and I don't mind other members submitting they're complaints about Youtube service in this thread.

I've downloaded Google/Youtube Chrome and the problem persists for me. One would think Google's own browser would work properly when trying to view Youtube videos! Hopefully at some moment in the future this problem will be resolved.

My other complaint with Youtube is that nobody goes to my Channel. This is perhaps because nobody likes my content there. Of course this is difficult for me to understand, but there it is. I suppose I must accept this fact, absurd as it may be. :) I realize this is a personal problem of mine, not Youtube's, but I still like to complain about it wherever I can. Possibly, as with many other people, complaining always makes me feel better, even when I'm just blowing against the wind.

If not for blowing against the wind and complaining, internet forums would be dull places to visit. Just my opinion.

Edited for smiely. That stuff is supposed to be humorous.

Edited by StarMountainKid

I use Chrome primarily and have no problems, I also have no problems with IE. I only ever have buffering issues using the mobile app. I tend to think that your problem is more likely ISP related like you suggested in your opening post

I use Chrome primarily and have no problems, I also have no problems with IE. I only ever have buffering issues using the mobile app. I tend to think that your problem is more likely ISP related like you suggested in your opening post

I agree that it may be an ISP related problem, but I have no problem at all when viewing videos from other sites. Vimeo videos play perfectly on my computer, for instance.

It use to let the video load immediately but now it just loads a little ahead while your watching it. I've not had any major problems with it. May be that a lot of people are trying to watch the same video that you are.

It use to let the video load immediately but now it just loads a little ahead while your watching it. I've not had any major problems with it. May be that a lot of people are trying to watch the same video that you are.

Possibly, sometimes when I refresh the page a few times it works better. Google "youtube slow loading". It's not just me.

I've always had this issue. I gave up using Youtube all together. Though I'm starting to use it again but it's becoming annoying once more. >.>