Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] New strains of killer flu virus created

sean6

Scientists slam 'appalling irresponsibility' of researchers in China who deliberately created new strains of killer flu virus

• Like 1

I hope they don't escape it could kill millions. If something like that hit the US it would go unchecked for a while because so many would put off going to the doctor because of lack of health insurance.

Wonder if it has already gotten out and that is why they are getting the deaths from bird flu.

• Like 2

I hope they don't escape it could kill millions. If something like that hit the US it would go unchecked for a while because so many would put off going to the doctor because of lack of health insurance.

Wonder if it has already gotten out and that is why they are getting the deaths from bird flu.

I thought the timing of this interesting as well. Time will tell I suppose.

• Like 2

The researchers claim the work could help develop a vaccine.

=================================

Is this not what has been happening inside many labs all over the world by scientists and researchers for years? what about the lab experiments they make sure we do not get to hear about?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

The researchers claim the work could help develop a vaccine.

=================================

Is this not what has been happening inside many labs all over the world by scientists and researchers for years? what about the lab experiments they make sure we do not get to hear about?

Yes this goes on everywhere and one of these days we will have to deal with one of these killer viruses.
  • Like 4

Scientist's careers are advanced by publishing - the publish or perish thing. Keeping something a secret would not advance your career, so why do it?

I think those Chinese guys badly misjudged the world's (especially other scientist's) reaction. They not only did it, they wrote about it, too!

Doug

Scientist's careers are advanced by publishing - the publish or perish thing. Keeping something a secret would not advance your career, so why do it?

I think those Chinese guys badly misjudged the world's (especially other scientist's) reaction. They not only did it, they wrote about it, too!

Doug

MONEY! there are people who will pay the scientist lots of money to produce what they want, and there are many scientists who will take it.....every time you see a new advancement in science which benefits the world, they will not tell you about all the failures they had to get there...they keep everything a secret until they are ready to tell us or ready to sell.

• Like 2

MONEY! there are people who will pay the scientist lots of money to produce what they want, and there are many scientists who will take it.....every time you see a new advancement in science which benefits the world, they will not tell you about all the failures they had to get there...they keep everything a secret until they are ready to tell us or ready to sell.

When ever an advancement in virology is achieved you always have to wonder if a particular strain or hybrid-strain was bred for the pharmaceutical companies to capitalize off of an anti-virus. First: Unleash it upon a population. Second: Let the virus fester and grow in the population. Third: Promote chaos and disorder in various nations. Four: Research and sell a cure to the frightened people who will pay anything to live..

• Like 6

This new H7N9 is bad enough. I can see why there looking for vaccines. But wow. 127 strains.

When ever an advancement in virology is achieved you always have to wonder if a particular strain or hybrid-strain was bred for the pharmaceutical companies to capitalize off of an anti-virus. First: Unleash it upon a population. Second: Let the virus fester and grow in the population. Third: Promote chaos and disorder in various nations. Four: Research and sell a cure to the frightened people who will pay anything to live..

Would not surprise me. The pharmaceutical companies have been know in the past to do anything to make more money.

• Like 1

In nature, some strains of the influenza virus are highly lethal while others jump easily from person to person. What public health officials fear most is a hybrid that combines the lethality of one with the transmissibility of the other, creating a deadly global pandemic.

Now a team of Chinese scientists has investigated that in their lab by creating a new hybrid virus.

http://www.wired.com...1-reassortment/

• Like 2

It is possible that they might not live to regret it, especially IF it does cause "a deadly global pandemic"

• Like 2

Love the fact there is loads of hate about it being a Chinese scientist when they where trying to do this int he US as well. lol In fact in the US they where trying to make it airborne... LOL

• Like 2

Never thought about the pharmaceutical companies maybe making money off of it. Thing is if it is so deadly why would a government want half its population wiped out. Also be less money to be made in the long run.

Never thought about the pharmaceutical companies maybe making money off of it. Thing is if it is so deadly why would a government want half its population wiped out. Also be less money to be made in the long run.

Not completely.

Less people there is the easier they are to control. More jobs, less unemployed, more food to go around and loads of other reasons.

• Like 3

They are doing things like this in labs in other countries besides the US.

Already a thread about this. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247287

Yeah I know, but it was mostly US people making it seem like it's happened because it was "the Chinese". Also making it Airborne is the worst thing to do over most of the others.

Not enough awful in the world?

Create more!! I love humans.

• Like 3

Yeah I know, but it was mostly US people making it seem like it's happened because it was "the Chinese". Also making it Airborne is the worst thing to do over most of the others.

If its airborne it will spread a lot faster.
  • Like 1

it depends on which government we are talking about. I would not trust the Iranian or North Korean government with any of these killer flu virus`s.

Pharmaceutical companies are the biggest sharks out there, they have the money and they have the scientists in their pockets. The government may know nothing about what is being concocted in certain labs, as I said, the scientists and researchers will not tell the world until they are ready, and you will find they will tell the pharmaceutical companies (if it was not their plan in the 1st place) before they tell the government.

• Like 1

Stop messing around with stuff! You might regret it!

• Like 3

Not completely.

Less people there is the easier they are to control. More jobs, less unemployed, more food to go around and loads of other reasons.

That true but unless they could control who gets it their own family could fall victim including their kids.
  • Like 1

it depends on which government we are talking about. I would not trust the Iranian or North Korean government with any of these killer flu virus`s.

Pharmaceutical companies are the biggest sharks out there, they have the money and they have the scientists in their pockets. The government may know nothing about what is being concocted in certain labs, as I said, the scientists and researchers will not tell the world until they are ready, and you will find they will tell the pharmaceutical companies (if it was not their plan in the 1st place) before they tell the government.

North Korea or Iran would like nothing better than to wipe us out along with some of the countries in Europe. Right now China is into it with India and several other countries. Makes you wonder.
  • Like 1

Would not surprise me. The pharmaceutical companies have been know in the past to do anything to make more money.

And that is what scares me.