Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

is operation yewtree becoming a farce?

ali smack

I think that Operation Yewtree, the investigation into supposed child abuse by celebrities. Is becoming a farce.

Because they are arresting people on the flimsiest of evidence. Over things they have meant to have done decades ago.

I am not denying some of these people will be guilty. And some victims will be real. But I can't help thinking some of the celebrities will be innocent.

Which I think is terrible because even if they are innocent and proven to be innocent. They will be treated as guilty.

I also don't like "Trial by Media" and "Guilty until proven innocent" Again. I think that's wrong. I think we should reserve judgement until such people have been charged and proven by a court of law that they are guilty. Or in the case of Stuart Hall admitting to there crimes.

Otherwise we are having a witch hunt against anyone who is old and famous.

I can't help thinking O.Y is partly a Publicity Stunt to make the public think the police are doing something after the horrific fiasco of Jimmy Saville who they failed to get convicted. Even though he could of been convicted in the early 60s.

Obviously if Celebrities have raped or sexually assaulted people then of course they should be locked up. But I can't help thinking it's becoming a witch hunt.

• Like 2

to me it seems this abuse was widespread amongst the celebs back in the 70's 80's 90's. in the same way it was with the Church and lets not forget places such as care homes for children. - the whole thing is horrendous, i think Operation Yewtree as only just scratched the surface and in the end we'll find the abuse was widespread and accepted just as taking drugs was amongst the celebs. i hope all those involved are brought to justice before its to late. saville got away with it.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

I must admit that some of your observations have crossed my mind & taking all this to it's logical conclusion I suppose we can expect Mick Jagger & the rest of the Rolling Stones behind bars very shortly, or is there a different rule for rock stars?

The other thing that makes me think is, when an allegation is made by someone it seems within a week or so, a dozen or two dozen more people have popped their head above the parapet & i'm wondering where all these people have been for the last 30 years or more & indeed how many are perhaps thinking 'pound signs'

Having said all that, anyone proven guilty deserves all they get

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

I too hope that all those who are really guilty are brought to justice....along with the mothers who encouraged it for the sake of stardom for their child, We know it happened, both wrongs do not make a right so ALL those involved should be charged. Not going to be easy though for the police to prove that the mothers or fathers encouraged any of it, but they know it went on!

• Like 1

It is completely wrong to Name the defendents of such accusations. When, and if, it is proved that they have actually committed an offense then, and ONLY then, should their names be released.

The alternative is trial by media, but then, UK Media is very circumspect, and fair....

• Like 4

It is completely wrong to Name the defendents of such accusations. When, and if, it is proved that they have actually committed an offense then, and ONLY then, should their names be released.

The alternative is trial by media, but then, UK Media is very circumspect, and fair....

I did not think they could do this. They are quick enough to hide the faces and conceal the names of murderers, drug dealers, muggers and robbers, but if the media think it will make them money because they are celebrities, then the law is bypassed.

I'll be quite honest, I've had my suspicions about these two for quite some time.

post-39751-0-81758000-1367752227_thumb.j

• Like 1

Reminds me of the Boystown case and some other... I wonder if politicians will face the same thing.

It would seem these days that celebrities are guilty until proven innocent, but they should not be named until charged beyond all reasonable doubt,as if anyone at all is named their careers have gone down the pan immediately,and if they are innocent its tough because mud sticks and they will always be viewed with suspicion.As for the people who jump on the band wagon 20/30 years later can be nothing but £/$ hunters.Anyones life can be totally wrecked by accusation,and pointing the finger,its a modern day witch hunt.The MEDIA has no concience.

• Like 2

I saw your cat running through my back yard last night so I'm pressing charges.

1..Unlawfull entry

2..Tresspass

3..It was trying to catch my Rabbit to cause Gbh./Abh

4..And 10 years ago it did the same thing.

The MEDIA has no concience.

Nor do those women or men accusing them for £/$.

I saw your cat running through my back yard last night so I'm pressing charges.

1..Unlawfull entry

2..Tresspass

3..It was trying to catch my Rabbit to cause Gbh./Abh

4..And 10 years ago it did the same thing.

people just want money. Theres so many compensation adverts on the Sky News channel, theres like 6 in one hour..

I too think the genuine guilty celebrities, and obviously some are ! deserve to be locked in jail and I feel sorry for the real abuse victims as they deserve justice and compensation.

I have no idea which ones are guilty or innocent but IMO, I think quite a few will be innocent.

But they shouldn't release names when they've not even been charged though!

I've said from the beginning that this whole thing was nonsense.

I think the Savile case was extremely overhyped too, and when it whipped a bunch of tabloid readers into a frenzy the best way to placate them was to have some stupid investigation into the last 60 years of the British entertainment industry.

How on earth do you prove something like that happened 50 years ago? There should be a statute of limitations like in the US.

• Like 1

I've said from the beginning that this whole thing was nonsense.

I think the Savile case was extremely overhyped too, and when it whipped a bunch of tabloid readers into a frenzy the best way to placate them was to have some stupid investigation into the last 60 years of the British entertainment industry.

How on earth do you prove something like that happened 50 years ago? There should be a statute of limitations like in the US.

I totally agree. It's nonsense and what's even more absurd is every time some celebrity speaks out against it. Lo and behold they get arrested. It's getting annoying and cringe worthy now seeing old men plastered all over the papers. i think the worst thing is most haven't even been charged with antthing

• Like 1

the 'celebs' are being thrown to the wolves to distract from the real culprits...the braindead barrister is correct in one respect - with the exception of saville these are low level misdemeanours in the great scheme of things....still deserving of punishment and disgrace...

but the real issue is the widespread abuse of vulnerable children in childrens homes across the uk....

if you want to get to the truth and the issues the celebrity smokescreen is designed to protect then google the following terms:

kincora boys homes...elm guest house...haute le gaurenne...ted heath morning star rentboy...welsh care homes scandal...

that should give you a decent start....fw more nuggets for you but i'm very busy at work so cannot expand...you'll have to do you own research:

ted heath's predilection for underage boys was how he got blackmailed into taking Britain into the common market..

jimmy saville was a pimp for the intelligence services during the cold war...he would set up politicians with underage kids and then use this to blackmail em...this is why he wasn't evr in trouble during his life...he knew where all the bodies were buried..

this whole scandal goes right to the very top...murderous gangs of paedohiles were allowed to kill with umpunity to protect those at the top who could possibly be implicated (sidney cooke...jason swift....mark tildsley)...

i've been into conspiracy theory since i was a child...i'm 40 now....nothing has ever shocked me more than this child abuse thing....and no 'conspiracy theory' has more depth and truth than this....

this is international too.....google 'casa pia'...'franklin credit union scandal'....and look at the marc dutroux case in belgium and where that leads....