Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Citizen Hearing on Disclosure

Interesting testimony in which Paul Hellyer covers a lot of UFO/ET related items.

Much of what he says fits the emerging UFO narrative of the last 65 years.

Notice how he is reading from a source? He tends to do that a lot. Most of his so called lectures are just Hellyer reading from Corso's or Jim Sparks books. He claims to have been a skeptic until seeing a documentary special, "Seeing is Believing," that featured the late ABC-TV news anchor Peter Jennings, and then reading "The Day After Roswell," by the also-late author Philip Corso. He then claims to have contacted some anonymous retiree General who says Roswell had aliens at it.

Not the most convincing of sources nor convincing inside information. Just another crackpot chasing Roswell.

He also claims Nathan Twining designated the aliens at Roswell as enemies. This is not supported at all, in fact it's a largely a mystery how he comes up with these wild claims such as Pilots discussing flight manoeuvres with ET. I feel a bit sorry for him if anything. When you see that such flimsy information has men like this and Dr Mitchell frothing at the mouth, one fears age. And it's really hard to take the ET tales seriously. I feel an appeal to authority just does not cut the mustard with claims of alien proof.

I personally feel it is something of an Unexplained Mystery as to why people pay him to read them fiction novels.

• Like 2

gidday mate,

yes I agree, although a subject like UFOs will take a lifetime (if possible at all) to seperate the mud that has accumilated over the years. Granted the bulk has been from CT's but I also feel that they are not the only ones.

Still, it woud be nice to see a lead go somewhere. Each one that we drill into ends up rather disappointing. One thing I do find interesting is that Hellyer does not think the US is the only government on earth, he asks for all governments to come froward, which I feel does not make sense in itself.

He also accused Stephen Hawking of "spreading misinformation" about aliens when he said there could also be "nomads, looking to conquer and colonize" other planets. In fact, Hellyer publicly responded with "the reality is that they (aliens) have been visiting earth for decades and probably millennia and have contributed considerably to our knowledge." showing that he is just another crackpot who reads half the story and makes up the rest. It also indicated how so many people managed the fudge what Hawking had actually said.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

One might easily argue that the government HAS NOT SUCCEEDED in keep such secrets. People all around the globe understand that there are UFOs, aliens, Operation Northwoods, Operation Paperclip, the Gulf Of Tonkin, and 911. They understand that the government has suppressed information about these, destroyed evidence, falsified evidence, engineered magnificent coverups.

I think you're trying to make the point that government attempts to keep secrets, and sometimes it succeeds, but such success does not always last very long.

You guys are kidding right? The government can't keep secrets? Of course they can and people who take a security oath know the consequences.

This is good for starters:

TS/SCI Poly Clearance - what is it and how hard is it to get it?

UFO's does not equal Alien Spacecraft.

Some do = a domed disc, cigar-shape, elliptical shape etc.

When you see that such flimsy information has men like this and Dr Mitchell frothing at the mouth, one fears age.

I'm not sure which story is the more fantastic one...theirs, which allege the existence of ET, advanced technology, and a gov't coverup,

or yours, which alleges a mass rising of formerly eminent scientific and intellectual senility zombies bent upon sucking out and destroying the integrity of their past professional reputations.

Kinda creepy either way, if you ask me.

I'm not sure which story is the more fantastic one...theirs, which allege the existence of ET, advanced technology, and a gov't coverup,

or yours, which alleges a mass rising of formerly eminent scientific and intellectual senility zombies bent upon sucking out and destroying the integrity of their past professional reputations.

Kinda creepy either way, if you ask me.

Not really, the circle of life is something we all must traverse. I watched my father suffer Alzheimer's and dementia. It's a natural thing and most convincing to a sufferer. All parts of you break down with age.

with.jpg

Not really, the circle of life is something we all must traverse. I watched my father suffer Alzheimer's and dementia. It's a natural thing and most convincing to a sufferer. All parts of you break down with age.

A poignant reminder concerning loved ones, but hardly supportive of your thesis.

The claim that Mitchell, Hellyer, and the dozens of others preeminent in their fields, are simply suffering from the onset of dementia is weak and rather chicken-hearted, don't you think? I mean, without any supportive evidence beyond the statements they've made, which you find objectionable.

A poignant reminder concerning loved ones, but hardly supportive of your thesis.

Of course it is supportive of that possibility. Don't you have (or had) elderly relatives who tell stories that have been embellished or simply made up over the years,. and that now that they have retold them often enough, are real to them? And you don't have to be elderly or even anything other than normal for that to happen. Which is why testimony is not acceptable evidence - even in the case of 'credible' witnesses in court, it must be supported by evidence.

The claim that Mitchell, Hellyer, and the dozens of others preeminent in their fields, are simply suffering from the onset of dementia is weak and rather chicken-hearted, don't you think?

No, I don't think so. Indeed if/when I start telling incredible tales, I'd appreciate it if others would pull me up and demand evidence to match the claim.. It'll do me good to realise my own limitations..

What would be 'weak' and 'chicken-hearted' would be to ignore the many very possible reasons why someone might tell these stories, on the weak and chicken-hearted basis of the reason being somehow hurtful.

Science doesn't work on stories. It works on how those stories are supported, backed up and proven beyond reasonable doubt.

And could you list those 'dozens of pre-eminent' others who have first hand stories?

Paul Hellyer's speech is actually well written and I agree on a lot of the points. The people part of the on going cover-up need to be toppled.

You guys are kidding right? The government can't keep secrets? Of course they can and people who take a security oath know the consequences.

This is good for starters:

TS/SCI Poly Clearance - what is it and how hard is it to get it?

And how do you know this if it is top secret?

Did you notice this more sensible post from your link?

And so it goes. Generally speaking they're looking for anything that could make you a security risk.

Do you honestly think the government are the only organisation to deploy such measures? It's just good business sense.

tumblr_lnfbedm3nD1qdb9h7o1_400.jpg

Sorry, not following you, I have not put forth any "thesis" I have pointed out that as these men advance in years, we hear some tales that are more than incredible, and completely unsupported by science and observation. Remember that many of these old claims even invoke martians and Venusians and these are indeed are often the proposed home planets of these expected spacemen from the late 1800's right through to the early 50's. Whilst we hears some interesting tales, they are completely unsupported, and as such, is considering the ravages of age in some instances not only prudent, but a far more reasonable answer to the astounding conundrums revealed in these fantastic tales?

The claim that Mitchell, Hellyer, and the dozens of others preeminent in their fields, are simply suffering from the onset of dementia is weak and rather chicken-hearted, don't you think? I mean, without any supportive evidence beyond the statements they've made, which you find objectionable.

I do not propose to umbrella any contingent, and people seem to completely misunderstand Dr MItchell who not only says NASA knows nothing, he says he knows nothing, he says some long time friends tugged at hi sleeve - literally - and begged him to get their story out. His Government sources do not actually exist, and his information that comes from his "scientific " sources include the dubious Greer and Lazar. I do not think Dr Mitchell is so much suffering albeit one would be lying to deny his eccentric tendencies, but more a victim of the press, so has been Buzz Aldrin when the Science Channel deliberately misquoted him despite Buzz's personal request they set the record straight. I think like the UFO phenomena there are many answers to that seeming one source, which is far more diverse than Woo Woo sites would have one believe. They do not support each other. One should really read past the headlines, which tend to suffer from poetic license.

Good God man, I am sure there has been more than enough silly Edgar Mitchell Reveals Alienz threads to date to well and truly illustrate that point? In one such thread, Quillius and I investigated his claims in great depth, and the media has exaggerated them terribly. If anything, I wish people would listen a little more closely to what Dr Mitchell has to say, it would save much confusion.

Saveing much confusion ? The Only Known in this subject is Mass Confusion. Theres no one on First or Second,or Third , or Home Plate for that matter.

Its like the Size of the Universe ! Ever Expanding. And Far larger than we will ever know !

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen the anonymous video as well as read LMHs 20-part earthfiles report/interview with this person. I don't believe he is being truthful...not because of any UFO or alien testimony, but because of the non-UFO and non- alien related things he says...much of it on the Earthfiles website. His timelines are way off.

Just one example...He says he saw a prototype blackbird (A-12) in a Groom Lake hanger in August of 1958. A-12 article 121 did not arrive (in crates) until 1960 and non flying models (for RCS radar tests) did not arrive until 1959 (February, I believe). This is all very well documented from various credible sources.

Does anyone know of his background? Can it be verified? When you read the earthfiles interviews carefully, especially the non-UFO stuff...it does not pass the "smell test". For instance, in one interview he claims to be in the Oval Office (as a first lieutenant in the Army) with his CIA handler ( a "regional director") briefing Vice-President Nixon. A V-P in the OO without the President present? Really?

Or how about the part of him "enlisting" in the Army Signal Corps and being trained in crypto. Then out of a class the top 5 get to be selected to be instructors. He was number 3 and then asked to join the CIA and was a first lieutenant. Really? He claims to have been in the Army for 3 years from 1958 to 1960 and went to Area 51 in August 1958. Do some web surfing and find out how long the basic "crypto" course is. Do the math.

I suggest those Earthfile members read all 20 parts of the interview paying attention to the boring stuff. Very enlightening to an investigative mind.

Yes, this guy is dying...he was referred to Linda by a guy who said she should contact the son who may be able to convince the guy to talk.

I will not speculate on this board why this man would do this, but I do have a few ideas...but that is just speculation, not facts.

• Like 1

I will not speculate on this board why this man would do this, but I do have a few ideas...but that is just speculation, not facts.

Dementia? Seems there's an awful outbreak.

Feel free to speculate.

Dementia? Seems there's an awful outbreak.

Feel free to speculate.

Cannot be. Believers tell me if you see a UFO and claim it is Alien, that makes you a saint who never lies, never exaggerates and never suffers from any sort of ailment, mental or otherwise, they never get drunk, or are never under the influence of any type of narcotic.

If you see a UFO it seems you are a perfect human as far as believers are concerned, but only if it involves positive identification of ET.

Cannot be. Believers tell me if you see a UFO and claim it is Alien, that makes you a saint who never lies, never exaggerates and never suffers from any sort of ailment, mental or otherwise, they never get drunk, or are never under the influence of any type of narcotic.

They told you that?

I don't even want to see one now.

They told you that?

The FTB's? Yes, all the time. Not sure how you have missed that?

I don't even want to see one now.

A FTB? That's quite a challenge you have set for yourself in here.

The FTB's? Yes, all the time. Not sure how you have missed that?

A FTB? That's quite a challenge you have set for yourself in here.

I'll admit, I had to look that one up.

Full-Toot Blowhard...that's funny. But here? At UM?

I'll admit, I had to look that one up.

Full-Toot Blowhard...that's funny. But here? At UM?

No doubt about it, you'r the man in the know with the right information :lol:

Feed the Beast, also known as FTB, originated as a custom challenge map in Minecraft that made heavy use of multiple tech mods.

Urban Dictionary: FTB Commonly used by hockey players, ftb refers to "For The Boys"

The FTB-88100NGE Power Blazer is a compact, portable solution for deploying, validating and troubleshooting 100G network services.

The maximum rate of FTB Part A is payable where family income is equal to or less than the income free area for the relevant income year.

Take your pick.

Feed the Beast, also known as FTB, originated as a custom challenge map in Minecraft that made heavy use of multiple tech mods.

Urban Dictionary: FTB Commonly used by hockey players, ftb refers to "For The Boys"

The FTB-88100NGE Power Blazer is a compact, portable solution for deploying, validating and troubleshooting 100G network services.

The maximum rate of FTB Part A is payable where family income is equal to or less than the income free area for the relevant income year.

Take your pick.

I just happen to play Feed the Beast. I'm only slightly ashamed to admit that I'm pretty much addicted to it. :tu:

Family Tax Benefit.

Fly the Bacon

F* The Bs

Fade to Black

From the Beginning

Fill this blank

Fluffy Teddy Bear

Flip Top Box

Field Training Biologist

Ahh what the hell, F* This B*

But I know what I meant :D That's all that matters now!

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1