Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AA artifacts - evidence or speculation ?

Sheep Smart

Hey L, learn to drive buddy! ( I'm kidding :P ) I hope you recover swiftly and without any lasting debilitation. :tu:

As for the image you provided, what are we to make of the clear depiction of a scythe, a farmers tool, on the side of the 'rocket'?

Naah.

It is the armory car/wagon + soul hauler of Mr. Death. :innocent:

If you notice carefully, there are interchangeable scythe blades neatly packed in front of the scythe.

The scythe is indicated as an advanced model with additional support hands. Death has indeed advanced technologically.

And the Comet looks like a Coffin.

The depiction is a visiting card from Mr. Death. :w00t:

• Like 2

Get well soon, The-L !!

===

Page 494 of Conrad Lycosthenes' huge Latin anthology of omens, "Prodigiorum ac ostentorum chronicon ab exordio mundi usque ad haec nostra tempora" ['Chronicle of Omens and Portents from the beginning of the world up to these our present times']

Lycosthenes-Prodigiorum-p494_zps75568c42.jpg

The Latin text to the right of the woodcarving:

In Arabia cometa in modum trabis acutissimae, acuarijs quasi punctis distinctae, cum falce phoenaria uisus est. Eodem anno totam Carinthiã uastarut Turce. Cruciferi cõtra Polonos bellum pararunt. In Vngaria foedus inter Mathiam ac Vladislaum renouatum. In Creta insula (ut a Coccio Sabellico lib.i.

Comet in Arabia in the form of sharp beam as various distinct points, a phoenician scythe to be seen. That same year, Carinthiã to Turkey in total waste. Poles prepared for war against the Crusaders. The treaty between Hungary and Matthias Ladislaus renewed. In the island of Crete, (as well as Coccio Sabellico (???) lib.i.

If anyone has a better translation, please don't hesitate.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

Hey L, learn to drive buddy! ( I'm kidding :P ) I hope you recover swiftly and without any lasting debilitation. :tu:

As for the image you provided, what are we to make of the clear depiction of a scythe, a farmers tool, on the side of the 'rocket'?

See the below image for the whole page

1557_lycosthenes_494.jpg

Want to read all of Lycosthenes's Prodigiorum ac ostentorum chronicon (Chronicle of portents and prophecies) ????

Have a go at the below links.

Prodigiorum ac ostentorum chronicon (Chronicle of portents and prophecies) 1557 set-1

Prodigiorum ac ostentorum chronicon (Chronicle of portents and prophecies) 1557 set-2

Prodigiorum ac ostentorum chronicon (Chronicle of portents and prophecies) 1557 set-3

Prodigiorum ac ostentorum chronicon (Chronicle of portents and prophecies) 1557 set-4

Prodigiorum ac ostentorum chronicon (Chronicle of portents and prophecies) 1557 set-5

grrr I dont know how to read latin!!! :cry:

yoU ARE sPARTAN

YOu Are SPARTAN ... you are not allowed to read LAtin //

:P

• Like 1

et tu brute? :lol::P

Thats all the latin i know!!

I get all my latin from Asterix and Obelix :

Asterix++Obelix.jpg

quo Vadis ?

For me when i hear the words "Quo vadis' it reminds me of a leather Sandals made by Bata Shoes.

874-4052_300x300_1.jpeg

• Like 1

And it's not just Latin, it's medieval Latin. They tended to nit words together in a way that would puzzle a Roman of Caesar's time.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

"In Arabia, a comet, in the shape of a sharpened stick, marked with holes made as if needles, and with a [x-adjective] sword shaped like a scythe, was seen. In that same year, all of Carinthia (a province in Austria) was laid waste by the Turks.The Crusaders prepared for war against the Poles. In Hungary, the treaty between Matthew and Ladislaus was renewed.

In the island of Crete and in certain areas along the same meridian, (as it is handed down to us in the first book of the Aeneid about the jars of the Sibellians), it was observed that a certain thing, while the trunks of very large trees [verb of movement implied] towards..."

I've never seen the adjective "phoenaria" before, so I didn't translate it. It's /not/ Phoenician, which is phoenicius.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

"In Arabia, a comet, in the shape of a sharpened stick, marked with holes made as if needles, and with a [x-adjective] sword shaped like a scythe, was seen. In that same year, all of Carinthia (a province in Austria) was laid waste by the Turks.The Crusaders prepared for war against the Poles. In Hungary, the treaty between Matthew and Ladislaus was renewed.

In the island of Crete and in certain areas along the same meridian, (as it is handed down to us in the first book of the Aeneid about the jars of the Sibellians), it was observed that a certain thing, while the trunks of very large trees [verb of movement implied] towards..."

I've never seen the adjective "phoenaria" before, so I didn't translate it. It's /not/ Phoenician, which is phoenicius.

--Jaylemurph

Thanks. Well, I was kind of close, lol.

I think you should not use the word "phoenaria" as one word, but as a combination of 2 words.

Shouldn't acuarijs be ac uarijs instead?

Edited by Abramelin

Thanks. Well, I was kind of close, lol.

I think you should not use the word "phoenaria" as one word, but as a combination of 2 words.

Shouldn't acuarijs be ac uarijs instead?

If you know what two words are combined, let me know. I tried looking into it that way, and couldn't find any combination I recognized. Also, it strongly appears to be in a class of adjectives that's formed by adding -®i- to an existing denonym or adjective to mean "of the people/area", like Apularia for 'from Apulia'. Given the source, I think it's a mispelling (and might be an error for "Phoenicia" -- but an 'ar' for 'ic' printer's error isn't that common.)

'Acuariis' pl. abl. of 'acuarius' is a similar kind of adjective formed from the verb acuo (to sharpen) through the noun acus (needle), so I don't immediately see a reason to seperate it out inro two words.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

And that's why you should show up in "that other thread"... after a post like that it will become dead silent, lol.

• Like 1

Thank you all on yout support. Its always nice to see altruistic posts on UM even from people I usually dont agree . Thanks again.

Thank you all on yout support. Its always nice to see altruistic posts on UM even from people I usually dont agree . Thanks again.

3555_10151597081830708_1002862707_n.jpg

glad to see ya is better ... :tu: