Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

student faces 20 yrs for Facebook messages

Ashotep

An 18-year-old high school student from the greater Boston area has been arrested and charged with making terroristic threats after police were alerted to “disturbing verbiage” on his personal Facebook page.

Authorities have set bond at one million dollars for Cameron B. D’Ambrosio of Methuen, MA following a Thursday afternoon arraignment one day after he was apprehended at his home around 30 miles north of Boston.

Police say D’Ambrosio, a senior at Methuen High School, authored eye-catching messages this week with his personal social networking account.

High school student faces 20 years in prison for Facebook messages

• Like 1

Way to go retard. I hope your 20 years is worth is and think about what you've done in there. That sort of thing isn't a freaking joke!

• Like 1

That sort of thing isn't afreaking joke!

Tell that to the UN representative that said Boston got what it deserved >.<

Eitherway, it was a dumb thing to post and i would not be surprised if this teenager gets 20 years, while murderers, etc walk free.

• Like 4

So, his 'terroristic' threat was in the form of an vile but ambiguous rap? Definitely horrible taste, but 20 years?

Without more info, I'd say this was just a dorky kid looking for attention.

• Like 7

This is dumb if he gets 20 years...

for ****s sake he didnt threat any specfic person place or group. I really dont think you should be able to get in trouble for a facebook post.

By the time he gets out he will want to kill someone

• Like 8

It was totally stupid on his part for saying or rapping thing's like he did, especially so close to the Boston Bombing's happening

BUT

Apart from his stupidness, and wanting 15 mins of fame, he has committed no crime

20 years is a bit harsh

It seem's like a new thing for law enforcement, where they can charge You of a crime You have not committed, similiar to what happen's in the film Minority Report (and yes I know Minority Report is fiction)

• Like 6

I am telling you, George Orwell may have prophecized future America with his thought crimes.

• Like 6

An anonymous comment left at the article linked to summed this up pretty well ... "Stupid kid, stupid government."

This kid gets arrested for a stupid rap. Meanwhile there's information available indicating government agencies such as the FBI and CIA had information about Dzhokar and Tsarnev Tamerlan (the Boston Marathon Bombing suspects) being potential terroristic threats from as far back as 2011 yet no one stepped in and stopped them from carrying out the bombing at the marathon.

They then use the fear induced from that event to go about reasoning amongst the people how a kid that makes a ridiculous rap might somehow deserve 20 years in jail.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Not to get off topic, but its the same way 9/11 played out. Plenty of information was known amongst the FBI and CIA, and brought to the attention of President George H.W. Bush regarding terroristic plots being put in place regarding the hijacking of planes that will be flown into U.S. buildings.

Heck, it even names Osama bin Laden as the terrorist leader planning this and specifically indicated the Twin Towers as a target.

What did they do to stop this though? Nothing.

And then afterwards they used the fear induced amongst the people to launch their "War On Terror" and begin putting illegal laws in place that allow them to spy on whoever they want by any means they want with no reason for doing so because they need to catch the "terrorists" before these things happen.

The also decided they have the right to pretty much declare anyone they want a "terrorist" regardless of how unfounded an individual may be deserving of that label.

Edited by Left-Field
  • Like 4

Stupid kid, stupid goverment.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 4

Does this mean that Facebook can be sued for entrapment?

• Like 1

Why not death sentence? It's not that far from 20 years. I bet it'll come to that sooner or later. There's always a line drawn in sand in these things, and the crueler approach you take, the more that line shifts to the crueler area. But if it's status quo it must be okay. No complain.

• Like 1

Luckly this was not in Saudi Arabia or Iran, he would get his hands chopped off

• Like 2

I am telling you, George Orwell may have prophecized future America with his thought crimes.

I'm starting to think that too...

I mean now they arrest a teenager for posting a stupid comment on Facebook? Yes, he was stupid to post that, but why arrest him?

Guess people need to be careful what they post on Facebook....or else you might get arrested.

• Like 4

LOL they really gave him 20 years? They got a hell of alot of other rappers to arrest then, cause these kinda violent lyrics are pretty common in mainstream and amateur rap...

edit* Ive even heard alot of amateur rap on youtube that takes an anti-government or patriot stance. And alot of those raps were without a doubt advocating direct armed revolt towards the US government.. How come none of these people have been arrested? What about the mainstream rap group "Westside Connection" who release an album called "Terrorist Threats" right after 9/11 haven't been arrested? What about rappers like Ice Cube that advocate racial violence? What about the rap group "The Lost Children of Babylon" who have an album called "The 9/11 Report: The Ultimate Conspiracy" where they rap about 9/11 from the viewpoint of an Islamic terrorist (and the group members are Muslim themself). This is certainly a strange case.

Westside%20Connection.jpgThe_911_report_cover.jpg

Looks pretty suggestive dosen't it?

edit** Im not advocating for someone to make such dumb threats, nor am I advocating rap music (most of which I find very distasteful), Im just pointing out that many rappers use extreme violence and threats in their lyrics, yet suffer no consequences. Why is this teenaged moron being taken so seriously to the point of giving him 20 years in jail?

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Like 4

Since he wasn't making threats against any one person I think they went overboard arresting him. Its freedom of speech or do we need to be careful in the future about what we say.

I do think his rap was ridiculous but so are a lot of others and are just as violent and threatening. I wouldn't object to them keeping an eye on someone saying those things or looking into what type of person he is but that's it.

I have a feeling a judge will see what he did as freedom of speech.

American government has gone mad. George Orwell had it right on. Big Brother not only watches everyone but he now throws people in jail on a whim. I am not a fan of rap music by any means (if one can call it music) but it seems the American government thinks all its citizens are terrorist from the crib to the grave yet those who SHOULD be monitored more carefully are the foreign nationals who belong to certain groups and have their own agenda's. No longer called land of the free and home of the brave it should be called 'owned by Fema and secret government'. If as they claim the monitored the Boston Bombers why did they not stop them? Because then they would not have any excuses to limit citizen freedoms. Don't let the scumbags win. Freedom is too precious to be stolen.

• Like 1