Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Benghazi Revealed on Wednesday

and-then

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/SenGraham-Benghazi-Testimony/2013/05/04/id/502799?promo_code=F53D-1&utm_source=Israel_National_News&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

3 state department whistle blowers have lawyered up and are coming forward to give their version of what happened on 9-11-12 in Benghazi. Essentially they are supposed to confirm that Obama abandoned those diplomats and security personnel for political reasons.

IF they are taken seriously what do you think the fallout will be?

• Like 3

Lets see how this goes.

My predictions is that they tell us the whole truth but everyone ignores it.

• Like 4

Lets see how this goes.

My predictions is that they tell us the whole truth but everyone ignores it.

That's my instinct about it as well. But it may bring to light some info that Hillary will find it not so easy to spin in a couple of years.
  • Like 2

“Seven-and-a-half hours, they were under attack. Nobody could come to their aid — and on 9/11, of all days, our consulate became a death trap.

“Richard Nixon was held accountable for Watergate,” he said. “This administration needs to be held accountable for Benghazi and the story of four Americans who were abandoned by their government when they needed their government the most.”

I hope the whistle-blowers blow the lid of this thing!! It's absolutely HORRIBLE what our government did, leaving those men to die.

• Like 3

http://www.newsmax.c...gn=widgetphase1

3 state department whistle blowers have lawyered up and are coming forward to give their version of what happened on 9-11-12 in Benghazi. Essentially they are supposed to confirm that Obama abandoned those diplomats and security personnel for political reasons.

What? You mean something like Obama impeachment? Nah, it'll never happen. He might get a bad rep as the worst president in history, on foreign affairs though.

• Like 2

The attack on Benghazi while sad wasn't a great big surprise, I keep wondering why people want to keep picking on this. Greg Hicks (former deputy chief of missions at the US. Embassy in Libya) coming out and stating they thought the attack was by terrorists from get go isn't a huge admission. Why would they have thought otherwise? It's Libya where there were plenty of angry Islamic extremists with hate for America so motivation to me seems like what people are stuck on. I find that sort of ironic in that Bush claimed over and over that Osama Bin Laden attacked us on 9/11 because they hated our freedom, no he hated our presence in Saudi Arabia and stated it many times. In that case the government believed one set of motivations while the actual motivation was quite different. How is that much different than Benghazi?

• Like 2

What? You mean something like Obama impeachment? Nah, it'll never happen. He might get a bad rep as the worst president in history, on foreign affairs though.

You know, there are Presidents that were impeached for less. Seriously. How come no matter how bad he and his administration, ***** up (pardon my French, please) his supporters are always like, "Well, Bush...." This has NOTHING to do with Bush! Obama and Clinton LEFT those men to die! He watched it on TV, and did NOTHING! What kind of a person does that?

• Like 5

The attack on Benghazi while sad wasn't a great big surprise, I keep wondering why people want to keep picking on this. Greg Hicks (former deputy chief of missions at the US. Embassy in Libya) coming out and stating they thought the attack was by terrorists from get go isn't a huge admission. Why would they have thought otherwise? It's Libya where there were plenty of angry Islamic extremists with hate for America so motivation to me seems like what people are stuck on. I find that sort of ironic in that Bush claimed over and over that Osama Bin Laden attacked us on 9/11 because they hated our freedom, no he hated our presence in Saudi Arabia and stated it many times. In that case the government believed one set of motivations while the actual motivation was quite different. How is that much different than Benghazi?

What freedoms do terrorists hate?

• Like 1

You know, there are Presidents that were impeached for less. Seriously. How come no matter how bad he and his administration, ***** up (pardon my French, please) his supporters are always like, "Well, Bush...." This has NOTHING to do with Bush! Obama and Clinton LEFT those men to die! He watched it on TV, and did NOTHING! What kind of a person does that?

Yeah I know, but you see this president is like a tick. Embedded so deep in a biological orifice, that it would take surgical precision just to remove him. Point is, he's got money...money that keeps him buried in the game of politics and the presidential office until 2016. And his supporters, well until they get another democrat that they really like/want, in the office 2016, he's all they got until then.

As far as "what kind of person does that", well someone who obviously puts political priorities first and where everybody else becomes either just a number or expendable. Such is the way, in some leadership roles.

• Like 2

Apparently it's a little more of an issue for the current administration since they have been in an all out effort to suppress any info from being released. These people that died were under Hillary's control. IF - and I do not claim to know the truth for sure - but if they died because Obama was unwilling to have a scandalous display just weeks prior to the election then he should be called out publicly for it. He would never be impeached - just as Purifier said - but he AND Hillary should be held accountable publicly for their lies and misinformation. God knows Bush and his crew will kill many forests for the historical publications, blogs and hate mail they will generate.
  • Like 1

None, because Obama's the 21st century version of the Teflon President. He'll go "mistakes were made, but it's important now to move forward" and people'll go "ohh look at how humble he is, admitting to making mistakes, he's really just one of us after all" and go back to watching the Voice those who say "OI! WTF" will be called rabblerousers or conspiracy nuts.

And nothing will change.

• Like 5

The only result will be more whining on AM radio and Fox news.

Tell Graham that no, we will not all be upset, just the few who already are will continue to be.

Everyone else who is in the know will see this is nothing but a pointed attack on Hillary in hopes they will end-run any potential Hillary 2016 campaign.

It is no surprise that in this day and age a woman is stll such a threat to the extremist portion of the right-wing. Get over it good ole boys, women in power are here to stay.

We should be focusing on what went right in Libya.

Hundreds of protesters angry over last week's killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya stormed the compound of the Islamic extremist militia suspected in the attack, evicting militiamen and setting fire to their building Friday.

In an unprecedented show of public anger at Libya's rampant militias, the crowd overwhelmed the compound of the Ansar al-Shariah Brigade in the centre of the eastern city of Benghazi.

Ansar al-Shariah fighters initially fired in the air to disperse the crowd, but eventually abandoned the site with their weapons and vehicles after it was overrun by waves of protesters shouting "No to militias."

"I don't want to see armed men wearing Afghani-style clothes stopping me in the street to give me orders, I only want to see people in uniform," said Omar Mohammed, a university student who took part in the takeover of the site, which protesters said was done in support of the army and police.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...i-protests.html

Pro-government demonstrators stormed the headquarters of the Islamist Ansar al-Sharia group in Benghazi on Friday and evicted fighters from the site in a sweep of militia bases in the Libyan city, witnesses said.

Militia fighters made a stand at another heavily fortified compound across the eastern city, firing on demonstrators with heavy machine guns and wounding several people, protesters said.

Ansar al-Sharia has been linked to the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi last week in which the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans died. It denies involvement.

Friday's action against the group appeared to be part of a coordinated sweep of militia headquarters buildings by police, government troops and activists following a mass public demonstration against militia units earlier in the day.

Chanting "Libya, Libya," hundreds of demonstrators entered, pulling down militia flags and torching a vehicle inside the compound, Ansar al-Sharia's main base in Benghazi - once the base of forces of former leader Muammar Gaddafi.

The crowd waved swords and even a meat cleaver, crying "No more al Qaeda!" and "The blood we shed for freedom shall not go in vain!"

"After what happened at the American consulate, the people of Benghazi had enough of the extremists," said demonstrator Hassan Ahmed. "They did not give allegiance to the army. So the people broke in and they fled."

http://www.reuters.c...E88K10L20120922

Our policies have helped them including bring out a will from the moderate people there to not allow extremism to thrive.

When we were attacked they stood up for our values because they also share them.

Those values are democracy and the rule of law.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 2

Everyone else who is in the know ...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly tapir. Everyone else who does not find this a laughing matter or uses mock avatars. There is a whole base who draws from a more sophisticated outlook on this matter. Your commentary and style might be in place in other venues but the national and world stage has little taste for such fanfare.

Carry on old lad.

We should be focusing on what went right in Libya.

Umm no.

We should be focusing on that boring old thing called "the truth". Yes I know it's not as sexy as building another soap box to assail us all from, but it's something that needs to be known.

• Like 3

So first you got this from "newsmax" the rapidly pro-right rag with zero credibility, talking about some GOP plants that are going to testify before a GOP controlled House committee that has publicly stated they will do anything to bring down the president. Right, I get it. Complete and utter BS.

• Like 2

The only thing that would of helped Ambassador Stephens is if there was intelligence that there was going to be an attack. Then they could of pulled him out of the country or told him to stay at the embassy instead of going to the consulate. You can't be an ambassador and travel around the country with a platoon of soldiers and I don't think just a few men would of changed anything.

If there is evidence that there was a cover up and they turned their back on Stephens when they could of helped him I will be mad. I will want an impeachment. I'm not a big fan of Obama's but right now all I see is some republicans trying to bring a democrat down like they have been doing from the beginning.

• Like 2

A top State Department official scheduled to give congressional testimony this week on the fatal attacks on the U.S. outpost in Benghazi, Libya, says he knew immediately they were terror strikes, not a protest turned violent, according to interview transcripts released Sunday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/05/chaffetz-state-department-officials-fear-retaliation-on-benghazi-more-will-talk/#ixzz2SSr49YcF

• Like 1

Again, fox news :unsure2:

• Like 2

The only thing that would of helped Ambassador Stephens is if there was intelligence that there was going to be an attack.

you mean just like it helped with 9\11 and boston?

• Like 3

I understand the animosity toward a news source - I feel the same about CNN - too partisan for me - but Fox did not create this event and they did not tell this eyewitness what to say. They are just reporting the absolutely DISGUSTING (if true) event that was allowed to happen for political purposes. If true then Obama needs impeaching but it could never happen. So much the worse for America in 2013.
  • Like 1

It really doesn't matter. Bias against FOX news is no better then any perceived bias of FOX news. There are many articles from many news organizations. Here are just a few:

http://www.washingto...7add_story.html

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1335662

http://www.newsmax.c...05/05/id/502840

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/30/benghazi-whistleblowers-intimidated-lawyer-says/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57582929/official-we-knew-benghazi-was-a-terrorist-attack-from-the-get-go/

The fact that Obama and Clinton came out later that day and said it was because of riots from a lame YouTube video was pathetic. Even more so when THAT notion, promoted by Obama, prompted attacks on US embassies through-out Africa, the Middle East and Asia resulting in hundreds of deaths.

And what was the Commander-In-Chief doing during these attacks on our embassies in the days that followed...? He was on the campaign trail, continuing to spew his lies while multiple embassies were burning. If I were President I would not have been out campaigning while we had embassies being attacked.

O, what a tangled web we weave; When first we practice to deceive!

-SIR WALTER SCOTT

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.

-PLATO

Edit: Quotes...

Edited by Dan'O
  • Like 3

Exactly tapir. Everyone else who does not find this a laughing matter or uses mock avatars. There is a whole base who draws from a more sophisticated outlook on this matter. Your commentary and style might be in place in other venues but the national and world stage has little taste for such fanfare.

Carry on old lad.

These men DIED and did not have to die. They were sacrificed for a political campaign and anyone who excuses that and supports those who did it is as disgusting as the perpetrators. I'm sure the left DOES want to move on and hush it up - NOT gonna happen, old lad....
  • Like 4

Maybe its because the other networks will not cover this issue that the links are from fox. Rumour is that ATM some networks are not reporting on some stories deliberately.

• Like 3