Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The man who lives without food

Still Waters

Does the body absorb it all? We don't need to go to toilet anymore?

The body will still expel waste and unusable stuff regardless of whether you take it by mouth or a straw.

At any rate one can still eat healthy on a very limited budget. It just takes effort and a bit of ingenuity.

• Like 1

and lets not forget.... that if such a product became commercially available, it will have a very short shelf life. So then it will be zapped with whatever preserving chemicals or electrical/microwave processes to make it last longer, which has a habit of killing nutrients to start with!

I'm one of the critics. i don't think it would be possible for something like that to actually work. It no good for body to take something so... artificial. how would something like that be easy to make anyway?

This actually make sense to me. I predict that whats now being normal food will one day be food for elite.

Law of scarcity can be "avoided" only with full efficency.

So we won't need teeth in the future, nothing wrong with a nice protein drink

• Like 2

So we won't need teeth in the future, nothing wrong with a nice protein drink

Our teeth have akready shrunk due to processed foods.

I doubt the people of ethiopia or the sudan, or some other famine-plagued, drough-riddled country would agree with you ryu.....

Yes but this is about people choosing whether to buy a variety of produce or live on a liquid diet and give up food - choice being the operative word, in choosing to save money et al.

The starving of the world definitely deserve any nutritious alternative available and accessible and maybe some folk who live on restaurant dinners and spend huge amounts on fad and fast foods could consider this another reason why simple and cheap natural foods are a great way to save a dollar or two to send to those who wish they had that choice to make.

• Like 2

There are plenty meal replacement drinks that provide all the nutrition you may need. I use them for fitness, and generally replace a meal a day with a drink. You could easily replace all meals but it would be a pretty boring way to live. I had a friend that replaced all his meals with MR's for an entire 6 months. He was in the best shape of his life. Blood work was spectacular and he felt great. Real food justs taste better. :)

recalling the movie Soylent Green made me instinctively check the date - no it's nowhere near April Fools - however, using a good blender you can make some universally nutritious 'soups' using a host of cheap ingredients and leftovers. won't that do?

I got side tracked by this topic all day. I read up everything this guy was doing. There was **** loads of comments on his blog too. I think this is an amazing idea and his descriptions of his experience on the stuff is amazing as well. Everything is pretty much absorbed except for fiber so it's fiber and probiotics in the digestive tract. People are concerned he is not eating real food and will miss something in his food but the fact is our bodies try to progress with an already nutrient deficient diet we all eat every day. There was a 17 year old girl who ate chicken nuggets and chips from Mc Donalds for 15 years and only after 15 years did her body start to show warning signs

http://www.dailymail...gets-age-2.html

This guy is actually providing his body with EVERYTHING. We need to eat 9 bananas a day to reach daily recommended potassium intake. He talks about how his body just seems to be completely satisified with the drink and there are no cravings for food because chemically his body doesn't need anything therfore his leptin and ghrelin checmichals which control appetite seem to work properly as they should.

I have been thinking for months now how to actually live off the minimal daily requirments needed from actual food. I've been thinking about traditional four ingredient brown bread ate with hemp seed oil and fruits to supplement through out the day then a vegtable dinner. Hemp provides a complete protien so there's no real neet for meat. Bread provides slow absoption with also with the "everything the body needs" hemp seed oil. Then vegtables and fruits should provide a nice supplemnt to anything missed. Fruit are easy to keep when kept in pantry like conditions like a closet. Apples keep for months, bananas keep for weeks, oranges keep months etc Allow the fruit to stay out of light, enough ventilation to prevent moisture build up from gas release and allow an open space for fruit gasses to build up in the area just enought to keep oxygen away. A closet is a perfect location for this, the bottom of a plastic bag is not.

Edited by Mbyte

There is a problem with sun block. It blocks the part of sunlight where we get vitamen D from. Sothis drink may do something like that as well.

I do not see that he is saving money or energy with his version of Soylent Green.

He still has to get the carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, proteins etc. from somewhere... dare I suggest the grocery store. All he is doing is mixing it into a shake.

He might as well go and eat a bunch of fruit and vegetables as they are -- saves energy, tastes better, is more fun, and has the same effect.

• Like 2

Yes but this is about people choosing whether to buy a variety of produce or live on a liquid diet and give up food - choice being the operative word, in choosing to save money et al.

The starving of the world definitely deserve any nutritious alternative available and accessible and maybe some folk who live on restaurant dinners and spend huge amounts on fad and fast foods could consider this another reason why simple and cheap natural foods are a great way to save a dollar or two to send to those who wish they had that choice to make.

So you want people to stop eating at restaurants and fast food. Tell me who is going to take care of all those employees.

As I have said before many countries control their population through hunger. Then some countries borrow money. Which they can use for anything they want except infrastructure. Don't you just love liberals. I will also remind you that 1 the usa government throws away enough food every year to food the world, and 2 a large portian of our corn crop(by law) has to go for gas. Don't you just love enviromentatists.

I got side tracked by this topic all day. I read up everything this guy was doing. There was **** loads of comments on his blog too. I think this is an amazing idea and his descriptions of his experience on the stuff is amazing as well. Everything is pretty much absorbed except for fiber so it's fiber and probiotics in the digestive tract. People are concerned he is not eating real food and will miss something in his food but the fact is our bodies try to progress with an already nutrient deficient diet we all eat every day. There was a 17 year old girl who ate chicken nuggets and chips from Mc Donalds for 15 years and only after 15 years did her body start to show warning signs

http://www.dailymail...gets-age-2.html

This guy is actually providing his body with EVERYTHING. We need to eat 9 bananas a day to reach daily recommended potassium intake. He talks about how his body just seems to be completely satisified with the drink and there are no cravings for food because chemically his body doesn't need anything therfore his leptin and ghrelin checmichals which control appetite seem to work properly as they should.

I have been thinking for months now how to actually live off the minimal daily requirments needed from actual food. I've been thinking about traditional four ingredient brown bread ate with hemp seed oil and fruits to supplement through out the day then a vegtable dinner. Hemp provides a complete protien so there's no real neet for meat. Bread provides slow absoption with also with the "everything the body needs" hemp seed oil. Then vegtables and fruits should provide a nice supplemnt to anything missed. Fruit are easy to keep when kept in pantry like conditions like a closet. Apples keep for months, bananas keep for weeks, oranges keep months etc Allow the fruit to stay out of light, enough ventilation to prevent moisture build up from gas release and allow an open space for fruit gasses to build up in the area just enought to keep oxygen away. A closet is a perfect location for this, the bottom of a plastic bag is not.

Plant protean is not the same s animal.

If you think Philip`s story is unbelievable,, 2 weeks ago my brother in law also made the small fortune of $5155 grafting eleven hours a week from there apartment and they're roomate's ex-wife`s neighbour has done this for six months and made more than $5155 parttime on their labtop. the tips at this address. All29.com

Is this one of those hidden spam things?

• Like 1

This will make it easier for bloomberg to force new york to eat healthy.

Quick, lets replace all the foods with this because it's bound to be healthy and cause no problems for us. We need it to be more effective at making Money! Who cares about some long-term health effects, it's the future!

• Like 1

Some people, notably vegans and vegetarians (there's a difference) forego meat and animal products such as eggs and dairy, out of belief eating animal products does more harm to your bodies. I can't imagine a meat-free/dairy-free diet, because our bodies take in protein from flesh and can digest dairy products, unless you have lactose intolerance which affects tens of millions, when the body cannot break down the enzymes from cow's milk and genetically found in people, a high incidence in some racial or ethnic groups like east Asians and Native Americans.

To refuse to eat again is a recipe for disaster, unless you decidedly went on a specially-designed "drink your food" diet, fruit or vegetable-based shakes to have your body continue to take in essential nutrients it needs. Almost all our food we eat today have unnaturally added salt, sugar (or high fructose corn syrup), carbs, fats and chemicals, and let's not get me started on GMO foods. It's going to be hard to avoid foods except for raw, fresh fruits and vegetables smashed into liquid form if you want to.

Some people, notably vegans and vegetarians (there's a difference) forego meat and animal products such as eggs and dairy, out of belief eating animal products does more harm to your bodies. I can't imagine a meat-free/dairy-free diet, because our bodies take in protein from flesh and can digest dairy products, unless you have lactose intolerance which affects tens of millions, when the body cannot break down the enzymes from cow's milk and genetically found in people, a high incidence in some racial or ethnic groups like east Asians and Native Americans.

To refuse to eat again is a recipe for disaster, unless you decidedly went on a specially-designed "drink your food" diet, fruit or vegetable-based shakes to have your body continue to take in essential nutrients it needs. Almost all our food we eat today have unnaturally added salt, sugar (or high fructose corn syrup), carbs, fats and chemicals, and let's not get me started on GMO foods. It's going to be hard to avoid foods except for raw, fresh fruits and vegetables smashed into liquid form if you want to.

Those on vegi. Diets have to take suplaments. As for asians they unlike the rest of the world stop drinking milk at age five. The american indan had no animal to milk.

Liquid diet would not work for me because of reasons Eldorado gave. Plus I like real food.

Weather his drink works or not he's doing research and he might stumble across something ,maybe totally unrelayed to food but something.