Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Casey Anthony judge speaks

Keel M.

What do you guys think of the judge's opinion?

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The judge who presided over the trial of Casey Anthony said Monday he believed there was enough evidence to convict the Florida mother who was acquitted of murdering her 2-year-old daughter.

Judge Belvin Perry told NBC's "Today" show that he thought there was sufficient evidence for a conviction on a first-degree murder charge, even though much of the evidence was circumstantial.

Anthony was acquitted almost two years ago of killing her daughter, Caylee, following a trial that attracted worldwide attention. She was convicted of making false statements to police and got credit for time served.

When he read the jury's verdict, Belvin said he felt "surprise, shock, disbelief" and read it twice.

Full story

I always felt she was guilty but if she was she wouldn't be the first to beat the rap when they shouldn't have.

• Like 2

shes guilty

she should

be locked up for being "completly insane" , she clearly is if she keeps lying to police

• Like 1

It's disheartening to say the least to hear a judge say "even though much of the evidence was circumstantial."

• Like 1

Judge Belvin Perry was a hanging judge who was biased in favor of the prosecution. The entire law enforcement establishment, meaning the Florida attorney general Pam Bondi, fellow prosecutors, everyone was rallying behind the prosecution of the accused. Their problem was that it is the jury that decides guilt. Casey Anthony was an is innocent. Read my Harvard article if you dare, http://www.niemanwatchdog.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=ask_this.view&askthisid=540

I trust 12 members of the public over any judge, any day.

• Like 2

if this devil is not guilty then give her a polygraph test, demand answers and demand truth, i want to know who did it and why

...........phew, sorry but as you can see, i really dont believe the jury in this one

Judge Belvin Perry was a hanging judge who was biased in favor of the prosecution. The entire law enforcement establishment, meaning the Florida attorney general Pam Bondi, fellow prosecutors, everyone was rallying behind the prosecution of the accused. Their problem was that it is the jury that decides guilt. Casey Anthony was an is innocent. Read my Harvard article if you dare, http://www.niemanwat...w&askthisid=540

This is satire right? Half this crap you made up.

Judge Belvin Perry was a hanging judge who was biased in favor of the prosecution. The entire law enforcement establishment, meaning the Florida attorney general Pam Bondi, fellow prosecutors, everyone was rallying behind the prosecution of the accused. Their problem was that it is the jury that decides guilt. Casey Anthony was an is innocent. Read my Harvard article if you dare, http://www.niemanwat...w&askthisid=540

Interesting that the comments to your article make it infinitely longer than it might otherwise be. :tu:

I read your article, and though I disagree with it (mainly because of the comments I read afterwards) I commend your courage in writing it, it at least made me think a little. Also, I don't blame anyone for agreeing or disagreeing, but I think those who disagreed could have kept a more civil tongue in their heads. The last time I checked, it is God's job to judge, not theirs.

I totally agree with aztek, our "so-called" justice system, coddles the criminals!!! There's never any justice for the victims, not ever!!!!

That wicked witch, casey anthony, is and always will be, guiltier than sin itself!!!! Eventually, she'll reap what she sowed!!!!

One day, she'll let her guard down, then, her karma will stomp her down to hell, where she belongs!!!!!!

• Like 2

I totally agree with aztek, our "so-called" justice system, coddles the criminals!!! There's never any justice for the victims, not ever!!!!

That wicked witch, casey anthony, is and always will be, guiltier than sin itself!!!! Eventually, she'll reap what she sowed!!!!

One day, she'll let her guard down, then, her karma will stomp her down to hell, where she belongs!!!!!!

AMEN SISTER!

• 3 weeks later...

What really convinces me of Casey's guilt is that she never called the police. Wasn't it the grandparents who called? What mother wouldn't call the police if her daughter were even missing just a few hours?

her and oj show how trully rotten our system is.

IMO ~ it's not our legal system that's rotten, more to the point it's the career players. Considering the volume of criminal cases that go before U.S. courts in a calendar year, I don't believe these two very high profile cases are quite examples of an overall rotten legal system, (2 overall rotten people though). Big part of the 'rotten' is media, always with an agenda. Very few 'news' outlets report just the facts, not without editorializing.

I've never read a statement from a judge making the jury wrong for their decision. Not saying it doesn't happen, I've just never read/heard one before. Trying to extract a wee bit more from his original 15-minutes?. All the attention gets comfortable, maybe even expected for some folks put in the position. Remember Judge Ito had his moments in court, too. Just recently an AZ prosecutor dyed his hair after a few weeks of being broadcast live on national tv, which produced a fan club in his name. One day he was salt & pepper grey-haired, the next day not. Conscious of the camera? Without a doubt. Attention on such a scale has an effect, different for everyone I'd suppose, but an effect nonetheless.

Edited by Leftcoastgal

Blaming the justice system is nice and all, but she was tried by a jury of her peers. They found her innocent and therefore in the eyes of the law (for better or worse) she IS innocent. Better a guilty person go free than an innocent one be locked away. It's far from perfect but it could be a lot worse imho.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's disheartening to say the least to hear a judge say "even though much of the evidence was circumstantial."

I'll take circumstantial over eye witness every day of the week!

Wow, the comments section in your link really laid it on... It seems a different opinion is an affront to sensitive sensibilities these days! If the media does not feed it to the masses, they don't want to hear it as a general rule. No open discussions just calling you an idiot... sheesh!

Whether Casey Anthony is guilty or not, I don't know (It does seem that she is to me) but I do agree that the media does not need a fair trial to convict someone, and innocent people have trouble recovering their lives after a media slandering. Not saying she is innocent but innocent peoples lives are ruined because of media all the time.

I was as shocked as everyone else when she was freed though, and I did not expect her to survive vigilantism.

Blaming the justice system is nice and all, but she was tried by a jury of her peers. They found her innocent and therefore in the eyes of the law (for better or worse) she IS innocent. Better a guilty person go free than an innocent one be locked away. It's far from perfect but it could be a lot worse imho.

Well, she was found not guilty, which means the evidence submitted didnt support her murder charge beyond a reasonable doubt. Juries cant find an accused "innocent".

Just working on terminology. :tu: Sounds better to me since I truly think she did it.

• Like 1