Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how did bobby fuller really die?

bom shankra

Probably most famous for his hit " I fought the law", just a few months after it became a hit, (wiki quote):-

Fuller was found dead in an automobile parked outside his Hollywood apartment. The Los Angeles deputy medical examiner, Jerry Nelson, performed the autopsy. According to Dean Kuipers:"The report states that Bobby's face, chest, and side were covered in "petechial hemorrhages" probably caused by gasoline vapors and the summer heat. He found no bruises, no broken bones, no cuts. No evidence of beating." Kuipers further explains that boxes for "accident" and "suicide" were ticked, but next to the boxes were question marks. Despite the official cause of death, some commentators believe Fuller was murdered.

Erik Greene, a relative of Sam Cooke, has cited similarities in the deaths of Cooke and Fuller. Fuller bandmate, Jim Reese, suspected that Charles Manson may have had something to do with Fuller's death but never provided credible evidence. A sensationalist crime website has speculated that the LAPD may have been involved because of Bobby's connection to a Mafia-related woman.

allegations that he was high on LSD seem to have been made somewhere along the way....

• Like 1

I actually remember my babysitter being all upset over Bobby Fuller's death. It's such a cold case that this point I doubt anyone will ever have a definitive answer.

• Like 1

I never knew this . Interesting ......

• 2 years later...

I was Bobby Fuller's age, and the Bobby Fuller Four used to practice in his garage in a neighborhood called Eastwood in El Paso, Tx., next to my neighborhood Cielo Vista. We would go by and listen to the band play. We were all shocked when we heard he was dead; the majority of people thought he had committed suicide. And we heard about the gas can, etc. He had a wonderful future in front of him with a great band. What a tragedy. Harold "Kenn" Hill, WA St.