Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dream drawings

SpiritWriter

Did you recently experienced the unexpected pleasure of getting in touch with a long lost loved one ?

• Like 1

In the second one i see the higherself and soul connection with the counterpart/twin soul - 'united as one' on the soul level.

Very nice :tu:

• Like 1

Those are beautiful. Seriously I can't stop looking at them. I'm seeing a theme of awakening with touches of feminin felion energy. ( its common for there to be half part animal and part human concepts rolling aroud up there) There is confusion here. Like you don't know what to do with the energies/knowledge/stirrings that you feel, yet there is also an evolution from abstract or undetailed to clear or precise. Almost like an embryo becoming a baby.

• Like 1

Those are beautiful. Seriously I can't stop looking at them. I'm seeing a theme of awakening with touches of feminin felion energy. ( its common for there to be half part animal and part human concepts rolling aroud up there) There is confusion here. Like you don't know what to do with the energies/knowledge/stirrings that you feel, yet there is also an evolution from abstract or undetailed to clear or precise. Almost like an embryo becoming a baby.

How did you pick up on the cat? There are birds, a rabbit and snakes in these pics but no cat. A LOT of my work does have cats in it though, cats are very symbolic for me.

Did you recently experienced the unexpected pleasure of getting in touch with a long lost loved one ?

Probably like my innerself or something.

• Like 1

How did you pick up on the cat? There are birds, a rabbit and snakes in these pics but no cat. A LOT of my work does have cats in it though, cats are very symbolic for me.

I did not think you did it on purpose. Often the therinthrope emerges from our subconscious especially in art or altered states of conciousness. The eyes and eyebrows of your figures give me impressions of cats. There is definantly a felion spirit underneath it all. :)

Edited by Seeker79

" to me " it seems a person torn between too many faces and personality and choices but they all lead to the same result

good drawings though they're artistic

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I do something called dream drawing, which is automatic drawing. It is what Jung did when creating his mandalas I believe. To me they are like poems but they are really more like dreams. This is the same type of therapy work psychologist use to try to get into kids minds. Anyway I will post some here.. if you do this type of drawing feel free to post it on this thread. If you would like to try dream drawing, it is fun and easy to do. It is interesting trying to interpret your mind...

Dream drawing is completely uncontrolled, you put your pen to paper and let your semi subconscious mind do all the work. Think of nothing just draw... over time you will notice symbology in your own work and will help you identify these things in your actual dreams. Knowing your own symbology will help you relate your inner and outer worlds and in my opinion give you esoteric insight...

Peace and blessings..

20130507_222906_zps19e8483f.jpg?t=1367992353

20130507_225551-2_zpscc0a6458.jpg?t=1367992663

These are up to each of your own individual interpretation.

These are excellent. The multiplicity in both is evident, the single individual portrayed has four minds, or four energies in their mind.

Wish I could decipher who these four beings are. The archangels come to mind. Then the Fates. Yet neither make a perfect four as if one is missing among them?

The first drawing seems straight forward, looking at us face on.

The second is from a back view, and shows the process, of the mind being split into two, one rising, then becoming four or perhaps it is the one meeting the four.

Very religious infographic.

• Like 1

I like the symmetry .

Reminds me of Art Nouveau and also of Peter Max.

The method you described is the way I'm most comfortable working with.

Great work!

Keep it up!

• Like 1

SpiritWriter, I love your work! It's incredibly powerful, especially the first one. Could you please provide some more info on how to dream draw? You got me really interested here...And now that I think of it, each time I just start drawing without really having a concept before, I end up drawing very similar stuff, and some 'symbols' show up in nearly all my drawings... I don't know if it's dream drawing though. Oh and if you could post some more of your works, I'd enjoy seeing them :)

• Like 1

I wish I could just draw. That is probably a prerequisite to dream draw. There are these automatic scribbles but nothing as beautiful as this.

I can see (:

Many times what is seen to me are deer-type creatures. I see them everywhere. Wonder if the stag is a universal symbol found in so many other patterns.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 1

I have never heard of Dream Drawing before. I'll have to try it out some time. Do you put your self in a trance, or wait till you fall a sleep with a pen and sketch pad in hand before you start drawing?

Edited by stevemagegod

fantastic.. I'm drawn to certain parts of these that resonate..

I see you've drawn the Merkaba again, And the Vesica Piscis, lol, looks like the eyes of a feline.

Think I'm going to give this a go.

[quote name=

SpiritWriter, I love your work! It's incredibly powerful, especially the first one. Could you please provide some more info on how to dream draw? You got me really interested here...And now that I think of it, each time I just start drawing without really having a concept before, I end up drawing very similar stuff, and some 'symbols' show up in nearly all my drawings... I don't know if it's dream drawing though. Oh and if you could post some more of your works, I'd enjoy seeing them :)

Its ok if you begin with scribbles, sometimes my drawings are very hideous and I don't really feel like sharing them, maybe I will give an example but what happens if you keep going you add on top of it and get something out of it and it gets more and more detailed, it is as if the dream emerges from the initial lines. Sometimes I will stop a drawing all together and come back to it later, at first it looks like nothing at all but then when I come back to it the next day, or whenever, I add to it and easily something emerges.

Welch, as for instructions are concerned it really is as as easy as I've described. You have to be relaxed and in a meditative state, think of nothing at all and do not force anything, purely let your hand guide the drawing, sure your mind has something to do with it, but it isn't thinking in advance, just stroke by stroke you are going forward. If you feel like your beginning to force something flip the page and begin a new drawing and then come back to the old one later.

The process for me has everything to do with layering, the first layer may look like strokes, dots, lines, curves. Its kind of like making out stuff by looking at the clouds on a dreamy day. Generally I call this process "drawing in the Spirit". If you are familiar at all with praying in the spirit or singing in the spirit the concept should be easy for you, if not you can try singing in the spirit before you try dream drawing, this is the state you should be in, a submitted state to your spiritual self. It is more than meditating because you are exurting something but similar to meditating because you are letting the images speak to you as they emerge. It is like energy going back and forth between you and your drawing. It is totally ok if it doesn't look good. It is all about whats inside your dream. I find use of symetry has helped me.

I will post some more examples later, but I hoped that answered any questions you had. I looked up dream drawing and automatic drawing on the internet and there are a lot of examples...

feel free to post some of yours as well! :)

I wish I could just draw. That is probably a prerequisite to dream draw. There are these automatic scribbles but nothing as beautiful as this.

I can see (:

Many times what is seen to me are deer-type creatures. I see them everywhere. Wonder if the stag is a universal symbol found in so many other patterns.

thats for you too Britney

• Like 2

fantastic.. I'm drawn to certain parts of these that resonate..

I see you've drawn the Merkaba again, And the Vesica Piscis, lol, looks like the eyes of a feline.

Think I'm going to give this a go.

well I am a Pisces... thanks for the new word. had to look it up again, I thought you were speaking about the fish that appear at the bottom of the top picture, but no, now I see what it is.. :)

I like that

Thanks Prof T :)

• Like 1

I just saw this thread and find very cool! I have done some of these drawings and sketches myself, but most of them are more abstract shapes than humanoid like yours. They are beautiful and poetic. I really enjoyed the one of the totem pole, it reminded me of emotion and how so many can fit into just one life form.

• Like 2

Ok, I said I'd give it a go..

Not sure if I did this right, or was in the right frame of mind..

The bird was definitely random, the 7 sisters stars is something I've been seeing more often lately in meditations.

the yellowish open doorway was something I saw in meditation last night.. It seemed fitting to add them together.

Am glad you mentioned that sometimes the drawings are hideous. lol,

4r2clz.jpg

• Like 1

~snip and image snip

maybe ... but in he proper context ... its beautifully hideous ... :tu:

curios though ... what;s the media or material used here ?

• Like 1

maybe ... but in he proper context ... its beautifully hideous ... :tu:

curios though ... what;s the media or material used here ?

I used a Bamboo Tablet & Open Canvas lite. It still is drawing with pen & tablet, but it gives you a better range of tools, and it is just like drawing with pencil & paper, nothing like using a mouse.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I said I'd give it a go..

Not sure if I did this right, or was in the right frame of mind..

The bird was definitely random, the 7 sisters stars is something I've been seeing more often lately in meditations.

the yellowish open doorway was something I saw in meditation last night.. It seemed fitting to add them together.

4r2clz.jpg

Omg T I just saw this. :) thank you for sharing!

I really like it. Birds are a major influence for me and the doors of heaven have been a recent reoccuring item for me as well.... this is what I think of when I see your door. I also refer to this as the gateway, or "the realms are open"

Edited by SpiritWriter

Just want to say that I feel like symetric drawing has opened my mind in a certain way... or has trained it, or affected it somehow. Once in my meditation AND this was not at all recent, not quite a year ago, but several months to almost a year ago I saw a very advanced sacred geometric design spring up right before my third eye, it opened rapidly from the center and created something so complex I knew it could not be represented in method despite the current computer technology, the formation I saw was extrely advanced. I saw this for a brief time and then it closed down again. Because of its complexity I feel it was purely natural and had nothing at all to do with conditioning, it reminded me of creation.

anyway for abour two years I think, I have been doing my drawings on graph paper, also practicing design work in the form of patterns. I have what some would call A.D.D. so while working on the patterns I do not stick to them and they always turn into something else, just mentioning this because this is what got me into geometric work. I was drawn to this naturally for some reason, choosing this form by attraction rather than influence. Over the last several years my drawing style has changed a lot. I used to draw pretty girls all the time or use pictures or real life to draw from instead of purely from my mind. (Although when I was young I drew from my mind and those pieces were very spiritual as well but had a TOTALLY different look to them because of where I was in my life )

Anyway... so yesterday I was meditating and these geometric forms came to me, a lot of them and I wish I could have recorded them but of course I could not. They were like my drawings but they were more perfect. They were mostly birds.... I guess kind of like professor Ts bird. Im not surprised by the subject matter because birds come up for me more than anything else. I received several different symbols for birds in various stances and the other animal i received several symbols for were snakes. Sometimes the snake and bird would be in the same symbol. Unlike the initial sacred geometric vision i received, these symbols did not seem unreproducable (although they were perfect in design they were not advanced) AND seemed to have been influenced by my practice in drawing!

I wish I could share them with you... but I know I will get more of these images and try to record them. I have already recorded some of the image/symbols I have received.

Another thing that was noteworthy about this meditatiin was that I was aware of different consentration levels. This is hard to describe but it was like I could look at the surface layer to receive the symbols rather than deep into my mind. It seemed somewhat like a superficial layer if that makes sence that I was able to switch to with my will...

The main point is that these projections were perfect.. not like anything I could draw with my hand. Perfect symbols, clear animal representations, perfect design in symbol form and I received a lot of them. It sucks that I always forget what I have seen exactly but at least I know I got to see it and it is somewhere in my memory and mind...

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

Ill post more picks soon. I hope to see others as well. :) Thanks again Professor T :)

am glad it's not just me seeing sacred geometry a lot lately... :tu:

I think symmetry promotes balance. Creating it, or at least trying to, probably manifests balance, and would balance the hemispheres. That might explain your opening of mind.

• Like 2