Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A spam-spotters guide

Saru

Seems like a waste of their time, does anyone ever use their links and actually buy something?

• Like 1

Does this mean I can`t sell my size 5 trainers, white with a red stripe on the side and flashing yellow lights on the bottom which would be a snip at only a fiver excluding p&p on here?

JOKE!!!!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 6

Do you ship to the US? :P

Yes, $150 p&p.

Does make me laugh when the p&p is more than the product!

Anyway, how many pairs do you want? can get more from my Chinese supplier.

• Like 3

Shouldn't the title to the thread have been A Spam-spotter's Guide to the UM-verse?

• Like 7

Do they come with a fitted kitchen, a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a copy of Iron Man 3 on DVD ?

yes, give me time to get hold of my supplier in China.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Observation: Kitchen remodeling is not something I would have ever pegged for spam worthy...but there's a ton of it.

• Like 3

It gets worse - we were seeing spam about funerals the other week. :hmm:

• Like 3

The spammers are not particular on who the spamee is or was. :cry:

Edited by freetoroam

Thanks for this, Saru. ^_^

• Like 1

It's a shame to, because the advertising rates here are very reasonable. But as the saying goes, it's hard to fix stupid.

Edited by Stardrive
  • Like 1

Observation: Kitchen remodeling is not something I would have ever pegged for spam worthy...but there's a ton of it.

Those people are,well retarded ,and not in the good way .

Their profile usually has a url to a website to buy this crap too .

Who knew that conspiracy theorists and believers in the occult ,all want desperately to remodel their kitchens ...

• Like 4

This I have not seen . I've been mostly playing lately .Fun and games forum ,so I am missing stuff I think . I will try to be more diligent

• Like 1

Sometimes I see people offering various kinds of "readings," but I figure as long as they don't want payment this is not my business. Still, it occurs to me that this would be a way to sell such services via later offers of PM readings and so on, which if happening might lead to trouble.

• Like 1

Seems like a waste of their time, does anyone ever use their links and actually buy something?

You would be surprised at how many people fall for this sort of thing

Over the year's I have seen numerous people complain about such things, and about being scammed out of hard earned money

I would of thought, they would of known "If something seem's too good to be true, then it probably isn't true"

• Like 2

I think a lot of it is aimed more towards search engine manipulation than selling products directly.

• Like 1

I think a lot of it is aimed more towards search engine manipulation than selling products directly.

A majority of it is... but there is also some that scammer's use to lure in people, to get money out of them

There is three countries that, they normally originate from, Russia China and Nigeria

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I always try to report what looks like spam. A lot of times you can tell because they post the exact same "paranormal" post in 3 or 4 threads. :tu:

I always wonder why some people will post on spam threads or quote spam posts, asking if they are spam or not?? What is the point, they are not going to answer.... :no:

• 1 year later...

Just wait, soon it will be posts from Lagos, Nigeria stating that the person is a Nigerian national with $5 million in the bank, and they only need $5,000 to clear up the paperwork for your 50/50 split of the money. I used to have a wall of these in my office when real mail was the order of the day, seen a few electronic ones since. Great fun to ridicule online!

• Like 1

Just wait, soon it will be posts from Lagos, Nigeria stating that the person is a Nigerian national with $5 million in the bank, and they only need $5,000 to clear up the paperwork for your 50/50 split of the money. I used to have a wall of these in my office when real mail was the order of the day, seen a few electronic ones since. Great fun to ridicule online!

Back in the MSN Messenger days, a woman messaged me with a similar scam. She wanted to marry me if I sent her $ for her passage to the U.S.A. She even sent me a pic of a beautiful woman, saying it was her. I kept talking to her for ever so long, just stringing her on. It was pretty funny. I kept asking her for more and more tiny details about it all. I think finally she gave up and ended the conversation. Those were the days...

• Like 1

If a spammer ever posts selling this :

spam2.jpg

I will have to give them Kudos.....

• Like 3

Hurry, hurry, hurry! I am selling a brand new pair of used men's briefs with and without skid marks and with an optional erectile dysfunction mode built right in! Act now while supplies last! :D

Disclaimer: Batteries sold separately.

HAHAHAHA! I laugh in the face of Spam, I eat Spam sandwiches for breakfast!!

• The topic was locked