Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My dog and my tree

RachaelE

My dog has been acting weird lately. He is an outside dog and his kennel is next to an old tree. The past few days he has been barking at the tree like there is something wrong with it. Whenever I look in the tree, I think that its just a bird or something, but I don't see anything up there. It's always quiet and I don't really ever see birds in that tree. The trees around it there are birds and other animals, but not this one. It's weird.

Probably a squirrel or something living inside.

A small animal will make a dog go nuts, especially if its just outside of reach. It could be a raccoon you never see due to them being nocturnal and with the weather being warm could be more active. If your dog is starting to show signs of being distressed I suggest relocating the kennel, see if he still barks at the tree.

What is the breed of your dog? (If you don't mind me asking)

My dog has been acting weird lately. He is an outside dog and his kennel is next to an old tree. The past few days he has been barking at the tree like there is something wrong with it. Whenever I look in the tree, I think that its just a bird or something, but I don't see anything up there. It's always quiet and I don't really ever see birds in that tree. The trees around it there are birds and other animals, but not this one. It's weird.

Snake. I don't know where you live, but Blacksnakes are common here in southeast Kansas. They get up in trees and especially get after birds in nests and such. They are very difficult to see. They get pretty big and are constrictors. I've never heard of one killing a dog, but if he's little I might move his kennel.

I'm going for animal too. It could be a small bird that blends in with the tree or another animal that can camouflage. My small dog goes crazy at any animal that is within a 10 feet radius of her. Maybe a new nest of birds moved into the tree.

Must be your first dog...that's normal, there's most likely an animal up there

What does the tree look like? Have you got a picture of it to upload on here?

• 2 weeks later...

My Chihuahua barks at everything and eats anything small enough to kill including what has looked like a small dog I'm guessing probably racoon I don't think she would kill another dog even though she was in heat when we found it.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I present to you, A hit and run poster.

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I present to you, A hit and run poster.

ranoveryou.jpg

• Like 2