Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Heaven Is A Halfpipe

What might this dream mean?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't dream very often and normally when I do they're quite random and well..nothing worth remembering. Whilst I don't really think dreams are anything but randomness I wondered what some dream readers might think to one I had last night.

Since it may be important; I'll start off by saying that a housemate of mine died a couple of weeks ago and I was actually one of the people to find him, it was a drug overdose. Apparently a couple of people have died from similar in this house over the past year (let me stress I am no drug user) but the landlord doesn't really care who they put in here.

Anyway the dream: I don't remember the circumstances exactly but I died (and it was to do with something at this property) however I was able to talk to my friends and family (as a ghost) for 24 hours, as if I was still alive. They knew I was dead as this happened. I even managed to message a friend through Facebook. After this 24 hours, I wasn't able to as no matter how much I tried to speak with them, they couldn't hear me. I tried shouting and yelling and only then did they *think* they heard something strange.

Just another strange dream? What would you dream readers say the meaning of the dream was? Is there a message/meaning you'd draw from it if you believe in messages from dreams?

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe

First off..everyone dreams; it's just that most of the time we just don't recall them.

If dreams have any meaning at all then it is just a reflection of real life problems or just recalling things that you are involved in.

As for your dream..it could be just random based on recent happenings BUT it might also represent a chance to convey a message before it is too late. Maybe there is something you wish to tell someone or vice-versa.

1 person likes this

First off..everyone dreams; it's just that most of the time we just don't recall them.

If dreams have any meaning at all then it is just a reflection of real life problems or just recalling things that you are involved in.

As for your dream..it could be just random based on recent happenings BUT it might also represent a chance to convey a message before it is too late. Maybe there is something you wish to tell someone or vice-versa.

Same thing to me, if I don't remember them - they as good as didn't happen to me.

Thanks for your input :)

The dream could be a reflection of what you witnessed, especially being something so traumatic. Have you spoken to anyone about this? it could be a more unconscious part of you which is still trying to come to terms with what happened.

The medium part of me wants to say that you may have also experienced something that your house-mate is trying to convey or fears since he passed. Although you dreamed about you and your family and friends, sometimes we are used as a medium or facilitator for another being and what is infact about you is actually about them and their family and friends. It's just how your consciousness has chosen to represent it. I don't suppose you would have any way of knowing if his friends and family have had similar contact dreams, but it's possible this is what is trying occur. Passage of time is not the same on other levels, i doubt the 24hrs is really 24 hrs but just part of the overall message that there is only a window of time before everyone should move on.

2 people like this

I don't particularly feel traumatised, to be honest with you. I wouldn't know whether his family had similar dreams as I'm not sure who they are... wouldn't even know how to go about asking if I did :ph34r:

Thanks for your thoughts Lu3 de 3n3rgy.

This is possibly your angel's way of letting you experience death so that you know there is no such thing as death. It's an experience that you will remember your entire life & it will set you free from the fear of death & allow you to live more fully. It's also showing that the dead cannot contact humans after a given time & so you should not be concerned about ghosts in your dwelling.

1 person likes this

Oh I've been sure of life after death for a long time now :D your point about other spirits is interesting though, kinda conflicts with experiences I've had, but thanks for the input :)

Posted (edited)

You are not as immune to what happened as you think you are. You are dealing with the things that happened there on a subconscious level. Finding Somone dead is traumatic even for a seasoned soldier no matter how indifferent you feel about it. All these realitys must be delt with and worked out internally.

I think your dream should tell you that you do have a problem with what happened at least a little one. I can tell also from this post and your general views from other posts, that it's highly likely that you are considering the possibility that some sort of spirit or demon is attracted to this place and possibly helping to push these people over the edge.

This fear will get a workout in your dreams aswell. if you keep haveing disturbing dreams about this and want it to stop. The quickest thing to do is to get one of the dream tinming apps for an iPhone. It will wake you up at the times in your sleep cycles that you are least likely to remember REM dreams which are more typically negative than non rem dreams.

The other thing to do is to talk about it, a process which you have already started right here on UM. If you have a school counseler or something then a few short visits might help.

Good luck :)

Edited by Seeker79

You are not as immune to what happened as you think you are. You are dealing with the things that happened there on a subconscious level. Finding Somone dead is traumatic even for a seasoned soldier no matter how indifferent you feel about it. All these realitys must be delt with and worked out internally.

I think your dream should tell you that you do have a problem with what happened at least a little one. I can tell also from this post and your general views from other posts, that it's highly likely that you are considering the possibility that some sort of spirit or demon is attracted to this place and possibly helping to push these people over the edge.

This fear will get a workout in your dreams aswell. if you keep haveing disturbing dreams about this and want it to stop. The quickest thing to do is to get one of the dream tinming apps for an iPhone. It will wake you up at the times in your sleep cycles that you are least likely to remember REM dreams which are more typically negative than non rem dreams.

The other thing to do is to talk about it, a process which you have already started right here on UM. If you have a school counseler or something then a few short visits might help.

Good luck :)

Heavens no! I hold people responsible for their own actions, not spirits. I really don't believe in spirits influencing any persons life to that degree. And it could be difficult seeing a school counselor at 25 though :P but thank you for your thoughts on the matter, appreciate all who took the time to post.

Heavens no! I hold people responsible for their own actions, not spirits. I really don't believe in spirits influencing any persons life to that degree. And it could be difficult seeing a school counselor at 25 though :P but thank you for your thoughts on the matter, appreciate all who took the time to post.

My mistake, I thought I saw you post somewhere about demons, I see so much of that I guess.. I considered you college age, so I thought you might have access to one :D you could still be in school at 25. Anyway. Finding Somone dead is no joke. All of us are more frail than we realize.

I once came up on a car accident where I had to perform CPR she died in my arms... A school teacher. . I always considered myself psychologically tough enough to not be affected by such things afterword. I was wrong. I could not get the death look of her face out of my mind and the irony smell of human blood out of my nose. I'm a bow hunter I have gutted animals before, but human blood smells completely different. It stuck with me for a while. I spent several sessions with a therapist about it and the woman's husband came to meet me. I met with him and his religous council. I got over it, but I still cannot drive by that place without the memory flooding back. I cleaned myself up in an applebese bathroom, and Even when every one stareing at me as I walked in disturbed me. They were all watching the drama unfold outside. Anyway. The point is that before that I considered myself immune to being affected by those things. I was wrong. At 25 you are in the typical p*** and vinegar stage of life and you may not consider yourself vulnerable. Your dreams are many times reflections of of inner conflicts. I'm not saying you are severely traumatized by this, but dreams are not totally random.

Posted (edited)

I like what bLu3 and Seeker had to say... i think dreams can, sometimes, be a place where we can face, and thereby help cope with, our fears .. ?¿?

*or traumas .... i saw an oncoming vehicle cross the center line and have a glancing head on ... the vehicle sort of jumped up in the air with a puff of 'steam' and i saw the driver .. WHITE as a GHOST hanging in his shoulder harness... i could tell he was already dead or close to it...(heart attack) anyway, i had some straaaange dreams about string puppets after seeing that.

Edited by lightly