Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are we in Hell?

pallidin

I know it's a weird thought, but sometimes I wonder if what we are experiencing now, is, in fact Hell.

Are we all the "fallen angels", disconnected from "God", and living our lives through poverty or the "money" god.

So much enticement here with regards to self-serving ideals and pleasures.

I don't know. Just a rambling thought I guess.

• Like 5

If this is hell, then i can deal with it lol

• Like 7

We are in hell if that's what you make this world be. If you believe in reincarnation, then surely then making this world worse would mean a hell, on earth.

I believe hell is not only where you are, but how you take things.

One persons hell might be another persons heaven. If I had to sit and listen to rap all day I would consider that hell but if you like it then you might see it as heaven.

• Like 5

LOVE IT! me? little ol me, an angel, albeit fallen, but still. :innocent:

• Like 1

No, this is not hell. Too many people live great lives filled with pleasure for it to be that. It's not heaven either, its just our little blue rock floating among the stars.

• Like 2

Hell is all in the mind. If we focus on all the bad stuff then this is all we will see and all we allow ourselves to see the world as.

The world is not good, bad, heaven, hell, prison or school, it is just a planet like the trillions out there.

• Like 2

For me this is heaven. Heaven is a state of mind, and my state of mind is how it would be in a physical heaven.

523495_339555856099373_46400058_n.jpg

how does that song go ?

heaven is a place on earth ....

Which hell? If you mean the grave, not yet.

I am looking out at the banana trees swaying in the breeze. I'm not in hell I am in paradise. Life is what you make it. If you think you're in hell then I guess you are.

• Like 2

To an extent one can make a silk purse out of whatever it is they make them out of, but not always. You can make life heavenly if you aren't hungry or diseased or delusional or alone, and you don't have an itch on your back that you can't quite reach.

True Frank, you can't always control what happens, believe me I have been through the depths of despair. I know people whom I don't know how they deal with from day to day. Health is everything, really. If you don't have that life can get pretty bad. But I got through it, came out a stronger wiser person for it.

• Like 1

To an extent one can make a silk purse out of whatever it is they make them out of, but not always. You can make life heavenly if you aren't hungry or diseased or delusional or alone, and you don't have an itch on your back that you can't quite reach.

I'd go further. I think (from experience) that you can reach heaven in a state of mind even in all those scenarios. In a sense we are conditioned to respond to external circumstances and we learn to try and ameliorate bad conditions from birth. (We hunger we cry and someone feeds us)

But true awareness of consciousness allows one to be in a state of joy peace and harmony within ones mind at any time and under any conditions One of the main things required to achieve this is to be able to surrender fear totally. Secondly to redefine ones reaction to pain PAin is unpleasant, but first it can be largely controlled by mental discipline and reduced by a calm serene mind, but secondly also pain tells us we are still alive The only time we sense nothing at all is when we are dead or in a deep coma and even in that case some perceptions may seep through. Thus pain is a good thing compared with the alternative. Third, to learn the mental diciplines necessary not to notice things like hunger or bodily discomfort, or if one notices them, just

to put them aside.

Delusional is about the only state I agree with you on. A person whose mind is not functioning properly, probably can't exercise the skills and disciplines required to reach a state of internal empowement and joy.

Hell have a free Shabu and marijuana ..So This is not hell...^_^

It's not very optimistic, but maybe the world is hell and hell isn't optimistic. Hell is random, unfair and in the end suffering per se. It seems like many people feel perfectly fine, they laugh and tell you how good life is: "The world is such a wonderful place", but in fact, the other side can't show it's face, because it's either sick, hungry or dead.

There is more suffering than happiness and it's mostly random and can and will happen to anyone.

We are not in Hell... We are in Heck, which is ruled over by Phil, the Prince of Insufficent Light...

(credit to "Dilbert")

Hell, like heaven is simply a state of being...I think it's actually a choice that we seem to have been conditioned to forget that we can make.

• Like 1

I agree with you Frank, realistically life will be tough at times, it will be beyond our control, beyond our ability to do to much about it, but get through what ever it is. . I am not of the philosophy that no matter what all we have to have is a happy mindset to be happy, no matter what life brings. I was not recently happy (while) sitting vigil beside my sons ICU bed in the hospital waiting for him to wake up from a coma, wondering if he would have brain damage. I was not happy (nor am I to this day) over my sisters murder, or my best friends suicide etc etc. What I have gained is an ability to survive, an ability to get back up, an ability to have the courage to face my grief, to cry my tears, to say I am afraid when I am, to be authentic in facing my life on its terms. I don't dismiss the value of using hindsight to find a way/perspective to produce some applicable wisdom in the senseless awful situations, but even then sometimes in life there is not even that possibility--AND all I can do is face the moment and that is the best I can make of my life, just to keep standing, and that is good enough for me.

Edited by Sherapy

I agree with you Frank, realistically life will be tough at times, it will be beyond our control beyond our ability to do too much about it, but get through what ever it is. . I am not of the philosophy that no matter what all we have to have is a happy mindset to be happy, no matter what life brings. I was not recently happy (while) sitting vigil beside my sons ICU bed in the hospital waiting for him to wake up from a coma, wondering if he would have brain damage. I was not happy (nor am I to this day) over my sisters murder, or my best friends suicide etc etc. What I have gained is an ability to survive, an ability to get back up, to have the courage to face my grief, to cry my tears,to say I am afraid when I am, to be authentic in facing life. I have learned to use hindsight to find a way to produce some applicable wisdom out of senseless situations, but even then sometimes in life there is not even that possibility and all I can do is face the moment and that is the best I can make of my life and it is good enough considering.

~hugs~

good to see yoo back .... thoughts and prayers to the kid

~hugs~

good to see yoo back .... thoughts and prayers to the kid

Thank you, (((Hugs))) back to you!

• Like 1