Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will we become immortal androids by 2045 ?

Saru

When I was young I calculated what my age would be at certain years of interest, like 1984 and 2000. Funny I don't do that any more.

I'm sure we'll be able to progress human genetics to the point where we'll be able to live long and prosperous lives and even more so with the help of robotics and artificial organs. I like the idea of a "neo-humanity" evolution based on five principles including high spirituality, high culture, high ethics, high science and high technologies.

Just think that 2045 is way too optimistic for this evolutionary change.

listen people I fix machines all day the last place I want my mind transferred to is a machine. you think you have problems when you wake up with a kink in your neck wait till your in your android body and you wake up and can't get your legs to work for like a half hour and when they do work you skip backwards where ever you go and every time you stop moving you leak all over yourself. I have seen all sorts of problem with machines that can't be fixed with pain killers. give me my 75 year warranty and let me move on to my glorified body.

• Like 1

But you don't seem to be aware that you are already a machine.

listen people I fix machines all day the last place I want my mind transferred to is a machine. you think you have problems when you wake up with a kink in your neck wait till your in your android body and you wake up and can't get your legs to work for like a half hour and when they do work you skip backwards where ever you go and every time you stop moving you leak all over yourself. I have seen all sorts of problem with machines that can't be fixed with pain killers. give me my 75 year warranty and let me move on to my glorified body.

Wow, and there I am thinking my teenage daughter's attitude was a big deal......

I doubt if this technology was available it would be available to everyone, it'll probably just be available to the VERY wealthy

I doubt if this technology was available it would be available to everyone, it'll probably just be available to the VERY wealthy

Well of course, at first, but it would be perceived very differently than luxury items are perceived, and politics would soon subsidize everyone getting it (kinda like kidney dialysis). Over time even the cost would drop.

I'm quite confident that they can build something like this in this century, maybe even before I drop dead (am 30 soon), but I'm not interested in this thing. Hehe.. good old body is nice to move and develop as it is, I'd rather just scrap this if it's that or artificial. When you hear all this stuff about artificial additives, artificial vitamins and artificial medicines having all kinds of side-effects and ill effects, you can't help but be sceptic about the first models of this artificial human-body working as it's supposed to.. I bet they'll find some flaws of it caused by the artificiality (something about artificiality they wont manage to mimic nature well enough at first), something they'll find out years later after the first model because it's a long-term effect. Just like with the artificial vitamin D additive. It'll take 20-30 years after the first properly working model to develop a model that can compete with what nature offers us. Maybe after that.