Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mary Peterson

CuriousLittleOne

anyone have any more info on this, im trying to find some , but have come up with nothing?

Season 6, Ep. 1 "Dead of the Night" When beloved store manager Mary Peterson is found stabbed to death in her bed, storm clouds brew over sunny Lakeland, Florida. Cops race through a lengthy list of suspects, but a tip from an unlikely source helps nab the cold-blooded killer. Runtime: 44 minutes Original air date: December 04, 2012 Network: Investigation Discovery

What other sort of info are you looking for? the killer was found, but the murder weapon could have been picked up by anyone, I do not see that as a major mystery.

Wasn't able to watch the video, my computer isn't playing nice, heh. But a couple links that might be helpful...

http://mylifeofcrime...life-in-prison/

Has some basic info, some links to articles

https://www2.myflori...7095d96da5add81

Polk County link to the case. Just basic info really, no court transcripts. If you really want to dig that way, you might have to contact them.

Edited by rashore
  • Like 2

I do like this sort of things.

As with the murder weapon, not that its important now, but he said he threw it away, he might not have thrown it where he said he did. it could be sitting in the knife rack with all the others in a friends house, who knows, but telling the police he threw it away there would have stopped them looking elsewhere...as shows, because they searched the whole area. Or, someone could have picked it up.

• Like 1

I do like this sort of things.

As with the murder weapon, not that its important now, but he said he threw it away, he might not have thrown it where he said he did. it could be sitting in the knife rack with all the others in a friends house, who knows, but telling the police he threw it away there would have stopped them looking elsewhere...as shows, because they searched the whole area. Or, someone could have picked it up.

i am too, so much so that im seriously thinking and looking into a criminology course, i love to disect the facts and think "what if" and its this forum thats done it to me.

...................................there is no escape...........

• Like 2

i am too, so much so that im seriously thinking and looking into a criminology course, i love to disect the facts and think "what if" and its this forum thats done it to me.

...................................there is no escape...........

Read books about the minds of the serial killers, once you get a grip of how their minds work, disecting the facts becomes a lot easier, but getting into the mind of a killer is not everyones kettle of fish. To try and solve or disect a case, you have to be completely neutral at certain points and try to put yourself in the shoes of the killer, not always easy and can be quite gruesome, but knowing how they tick is the key, just do not get to like that bit too much!! Even the great Bernard Spilsbury committed suicide eventually, but his job was extremely gruesome.

Read as many books as you can about the history of crime too, you will find that the motives and methods used (and there are many) do not differ throughout the centuries that much, what has changed is the technology used today in catching them...thank goodness.

Good luck on the course, I hope you take it up.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1