Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone feel like explaining this dream to me?

yowiee

First off, I recently got dumped. My girlfriend, who I had planned my future for, who I was doing EVERYTHING in my power to keep her happy, left me for a guy. I'm not really doing that well emotionally, because she was honestly my life. In leaving me, she took about 95% of the fight I had left in me to battle my depression. I know the dream is related to this.

It started where I was going through a haunted-house, mansion version of my own house. My sister, my cousin, and a few other peope I don't remember were there. (Some of them fictional characters from a webcomic, and videogame.) We were looking for something, going down long halways and checking bedrooms and such.

We came across a puddle of blood in front of a door, and inside the door was an office. A man and his little girl were in there, unhurt. The blood is a mystery, not really a part of the plot. The girl has a very 'omg ur a noob' kind of attitude towards my group, and the man was trying to find a way to get rid of his creations without killing them.

He had a way of distracting them, which was sprinkling a kind of powder over food on a plate and putting it in the hallway. The plate had browned beef, carrots and onions on it. He put it in the hallway and three creepy-as-butt human/monster hybrids zoomed over and starting eating. For whatever reason, someone in my group had to go downstairs and do something (find something) for us to be able to leave, and of course it was me.

On the stairs, or more like, surrounding the stairs (the actual stairway had a clear path) were dark clouds. Coming up the stairs as I went down was this ghost-like woman, glowing a very light blue, and she told me to run while she started talking sense into one monster. He had seen me leaving, and was about to start chasing me.

I remember she specifically said, "Run, I'll try to stop him!" to me, and to him, "I know you're afraid, but they're humans! You'll get used to them!" As I ran down the stairs. I went through my kitchen, which looked coated in soot, and to the dining room. The monster beat me in there and stopped in the middle, staring at me. For whatever reason, I had the bright idea of chasing IT since it was afraid of ME, so I did.

I ran at it, and I kept screaming, but it was an odd sounds. Like I imagine a banshee would sound like, and the monster was afraid and ran away. It eventually ran to where my puppies used to sleep, before we gave them away, and laid on a blanket. I sat down beside it and I decided, screw it, and despite my fear that it could kill me at any time, I started playing with it the way one would play with a baby. It didn't hurt me, but there was the lingering threat that it could.

I remember the ghost-thing came in the room and wasn't happy that I was playing with it- or that I was putting myself in danger- but it didn't try to stop me. Then I woke up.

--

Sorry it's so long, but can anyone give me their idea on what the dream means? Usually, I'd figure it out on my own, but my sister's boyfriend has my dream dictionary, and I'm not really able to focus on reading atm. I'm surprised I wrote this out, haha.

Please and thank you for your help, it will mean a lot~

Dreams about being in different rooms in a house

symbolize aspects of yourself and/or your life.

Each room can represent either a safe place or

danger... going through different rooms gives

you the ability to confront your conflicts and

hopefully... gives you the insight and will to

overcome them.

• Like 1

Oh it's saying that you have a few friendly influences on the earth including fictional characters that inspired you in some way, & they will help you in life. Then you're shown blood, representing death & what lies beyond, then you find a small female who expects much more from your life & a big male who controls huge monster beasts. These are two of your overseers who provide your soul's energy & drive your soul through lessons on the earth. The male controls guard beasts who protect you from spiritual beings that have no right to make contact with you in this zone. He feeds them an extra substance which makes them friendly towards you.

Then you're shown an old woman on the stairs who sees the beasts as monsters, even though it's shown that you can get along with them okay afterwards. This old woman is your deepest guardian that brought your soul here & she is one of the beings that the guard beasts & their controllers keep away from you, & she is the one who loves you the most & will sacrifice everything to make sure your soul is led on the right paths in life, & back to her afterwards.

You're shown you have friendly beast like guards who are dangerous but behave like little puppies for you. This means that even though on earth you have lost something very precious to you, it is logical from the overseers point of view that you still have friendly spiritual pet dog-like beings near you, who will keep you company like a puppy does, & help you recover from this heart wrenching time.

So you're searching with earth influences & are brought to the barrier between this life & the beyond. There you find a small female who expects much more from you in life, & a male who controls guard beast dog-like beings who keep the other spiritual beings, who would help you, away from you. The small female & the male are the two primary beings that hold you on the earth, with the aid of the guard beasts, & provide your soul with spiritual energy & lead your soul through the earth realm. They show you that they have full control over the guard beasts & have made them into your pet companions to help you through this heart wrenching time.

That's what I'm seeing in this dream anyway.

wingmakers.jpg

image from wingmakers.com

Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

Hi, yowlee

You seem to have combined several dream motifs together. I will acknowledge that one thing that attracted my interest to your report is my curiosity about "gender bending" of archetypal characters. The gender of archetypes (relative to the dreamer, same or different) isn't fixed in stone anyway, but well, you can see that I'd be interested in the question.

Your lady who acted as an intermediary with the monster is an instance of the Anima archetype (searchable). Most often, women dream men intermediaries. So, this is interesting.

Anyway the interaction with the monster is a version of the "Unseen Menace" motif (which is my name for it, I don't know that it has an "official" or searchable name, even though it is a common kind of dream). You had just a hint of the usual prelude (the dreamer doesn't see the menace at first, but rather some of its effects - I think for you it was that bloodstain outside the door). You "did the right thing," in confronting the monster, and you make the usual discovery, that the monster isn't actually bad or evil. The monster is of the Shadow archetype (searchable) family. Again, most often a woman dreams a female Shadow figure.

Overall, then, the dream is inviting you to look into what is called Shadow work (also searchable). And yes, I agree with the other poster about the house setting - that, and the characteristic dream action of exploring rooms in the house suggest that the symbolic reference is your mind and your life, conceived (somehow, symbolic thought sounds odd in words, no doubt helping to explain why we think in symbols at all) as much the same thing.

(It's interesting the combination you made, though. Unseen Menace all by itself often takes place in a house, I think for logistical reasons... to keep the monster and the dreamer apart unless the dreamer decides, as you did, to interact with the monster voluntarily. However, compared with other Unseen Menace dreams set in a house, you have much more fully developed the house symbolism than usual, along with the characteristic action of searching the house... so I think you have dreamt both motifs in a single episode. Combining motifs isn't unusual, but I don't remember looking at this specific combination before.)

As to the relationship to the IRL breakup crisis, I'd like to recommend the following approach. No doubt, you will recognize things in the dream that pertain to that specific situation. However, with all the archetypes (and I haven't even touched the man in the room) and symbolic dreamscape and motif plotting, this is a big dream (yes, also searchable, along with the disambiguator Jung).

The reference in a big dream is to your whole life and your whole self. The crisis may explain the timing of the dream, and even some aspects of the dream, but the dream is bigger than that. You have been given a glimpse into the architecture of your Self (more than your waking self).

It is a good idea to record as much of the dream as you can remember. Maybe you paint, or write songs, or ... whatever you do, this is a good subject for doing it. People often think about big dreams for years afterwards, and if so, you'll appreciate having a way to refresh your recollection of details.

Well dreamt.

• Like 1

That's really intresting, having no experience with romantic love I can't give you advice, but I know how loss can make you feel. The best thing to do is try to forget and move on. About the dream, I've had similar dreams too, in which I'm in a haunted house with a group of people looking for something, and there are peculiar monsters in there, I end up getting courageous and chase some of them. The only difference there seems to be is that in my dreams there's always a pool, and whatever I'm looking for is down there, but when I jump in the water turns red like blood and a ghost person tries to help me out or shout for help. Intresting that you have similar dreams to mine, I've been thinking about it and maybe these dreams are reflecting a hidden desire from within ourselves? We're looking for something in these dreams but there's monsters and such preventing us from getting it, I strongly desire change, maybe you desire that woman back, but there are barriers in life that is preventing me to change, and preventing you from getting what you want. That's my theory

• Like 1

I did not read anyone else's interpretations as to not cross-contaminate my own .

If there are any common feature do consider them as the voice of the collective. Unless you feel someone else's interpretation makes the most sense, go with it, if none or some do then try and use all or the ones which do to form a composite interpretation.

The blood on the ground is your soul. Some call it spirit and call spirit soul. Decide yourself.

When heartbroken we become two persons, the one who desires and the one we can't accept. The one we can't accept is our future self who can accept the relationship is/was over.

The man who was trying to get rid of his creations is the future you.

The girl calling you newbs was your ex.

The three creepy human/monster hybrids are sorrows and what you will go through.

What they were eating was you and the powder is your tears.

The path down the stairway is clear and is the future even if the clouds on the side make it seem not clear. You know the future deep inside but doubts will cloudy that.

Will try to finish this later as well as to read what everyone else wrote.

This interpretation uses artistic analogy.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

yowiee and HImawari69, you guys are so lucky in having people helping you in your dreams.

Re-read it, nothing comes to me now, it takes energy to try and find meaning in dreams.

Just wanted to say how you are both so lucky.

• Like 1

We're looking for something in these dreams but there's monsters and such preventing us from getting it...

Monsters in dreams are "monsters from the id" [to borrow a famous movie line.]

The monsters are aspects of yourself... aspects of yourself that you may not

recognize or want to confront... but you have to deal with them just the same.

The sooner you do, the sooner the "monsters" go away.

• Like 2