Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dear Jodi, try mindfulness techniques (poem)

7 posts in this topic

you said you wanted to die

knowing that it's easier

than spending lifetimes

all alone again

didn't know you at all

no one ever did

some called you friend

but you never felt it

every year you found

a different crowd

inner thoughts so loud

saying you don't belong

parents never there

when you wanted them

blending in so well

but who am I?

is something you

or I will never know

village burn so bright

can't trust them

afraid to move

monster I've become

no one can save me

at the borderline

2 people like this

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe this woman is a psychopath? I don't care HOW the guy may have abused her, to do what she did in the way she did requires a certain level of mental brokenness. If he was such an animal to her then why did she not walk away? Gunshot to the face, stabbed 27 times...uhhh that's TWENTY SEVEN TIMES and the coup de grace I guess was slitting his throat from ear to ear. Only I cannot imagine that he even bled from that wound.

If she escapes the noose you should become a pen pal :) Just kidding btw :w00t:

1 person likes this

I was gonna write something..... but I'm not good at poetry.

So I'll stick to prose. I think you may be right, mindfulness training would be good for her right about now.

From the Satipatthana Sutta , specifically The Nine Cemetery Contemplations

"(1) And further, monks, as if a monk sees a body dead one, two, or three days; swollen, blue and festering, thrown in the charnel ground, he then applies this perception to his own body thus: "Verily, also my own body is of the same nature; such it will become and will not escape it."

(2) And further, monks, as if a monk sees a body thrown in the charnel ground, being eaten by crows, hawks, vultures, dogs, jackals or by different kinds of worms, he then applies this perception to his own body thus: "Verily, also my own body is of the same nature; such it will become and will not escape it.

etc....

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I was gonna write something..... but I'm not good at poetry.

So I'll stick to prose. I think you may be right, mindfulness training would be good for her right about now.

From the Satipatthana Sutta , specifically The Nine Cemetery Contemplations

"(1) And further, monks, as if a monk sees a body dead one, two, or three days; swollen, blue and festering, thrown in the charnel ground, he then applies this perception to his own body thus: "Verily, also my own body is of the same nature; such it will become and will not escape it."

(2) And further, monks, as if a monk sees a body thrown in the charnel ground, being eaten by crows, hawks, vultures, dogs, jackals or by different kinds of worms, he then applies this perception to his own body thus: "Verily, also my own body is of the same nature; such it will become and will not escape it.

etc....

Those are pretty morbid and deep.

Correct me if I am wrong, mindfulness is something different than those cemetery contemplations, but both are forms of meditation?

Very interesting either way and thanks for sharing. The women in France who fell from a cliff in the Pyrenees comes to mind with them. What happened to her body?

It is one thing to just put yourself as a spectator but quite another to imagine being her. This type of empathy is exactly what I was going for with this piece as well but as a sufferer of borderline myself it is that much easier to personally understand.

When are you going to share your prose with us? From the way you are informed it is sure to prove interesting as well.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Correct me if I am wrong, mindfulness is something different than those cemetery contemplations, but both are forms of meditation?

The cemetery contemplations are part of mindfulness of the body, one of the four foundations of mindfulness. These four foundations have been said to be the heart of Buddhist meditation.

Very interesting either way and thanks for sharing. The women in France who fell from a cliff in the Pyrenees comes to mind with them. What happened to her body?

Don't know, I assume some official had to go down and collect the bones.

It is one thing to just put yourself as a spectator but quite another to imagine being her. This type of empathy is exactly what I was going for with this piece as well but as a sufferer of borderline myself it is that much easier to personally understand.

That's the way I came to see it as well. Although my initial gut reaction was to relate it something odious, like An ode to Jeffrey Dahmer.

When are you going to share your prose with us? From the way you are informed it is sure to prove interesting as well.

I thought that's what I was doing, writing in straight forward, natural sounding language, aka prose.

cheers

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I like that concept and approach of always offering prose.

For "what happened to her body?" I meant it as a thought for one to imagine "what happened to her body?" then to go on and imagine being that body ourselves.

The cemetery contemplations made me think of that.

Not sure it would be a form of mindfulness I would want to practice overall, due to the morbidity of it all, and because as a Westerner am a bit unsure how to use it, but just knowing about it does make one think more about life now and what a gift it is, so definite thanks, again, for sharing.

Still think you should write something up for us specifically to share in the writers and artists section. I just know we would appreciate it. The things you could share with us would be something of value, just have a strong feeling about it.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Not sure it would be a form of mindfulness I would want to practice overall, due to the morbidity of it all, and because as a Westerner am a bit unsure how to use it, but just knowing about it does make one think more about life now and what a gift it is, so definite thanks, again, for sharing.

CBT, DBT, MBSTR (Mindfulness based stress reduction) all seem to have Buddhist Satipatthana or Vipassana meditation as a source. But some academics see ancient Greek Stoic influences. They both appear very similar, especially in terms of using bare attention, or as a Stoic would say How to deal with the semblances of things.

Still think you should write something up for us specifically to share in the writers and artists section. I just know we would appreciate it. The things you could share with us would be something of value, just have a strong feeling about it.

argh, I can't write fiction at all. I don't have an artistic bone in my body, lol. Maybe a non-academic essay or something.

1 person likes this