Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Broomstick-flying witches facing arrest

Still Waters

LOL someone is on drugs and watching too much Harry Potter movies... flying on a broomstick is not real dummy!

• Like 1

LOL someone is on drugs and watching too much Harry Potter movies... flying on a broomstick is not real dummy!

somehow, and gods knows how, but it seems you've failed to enter into the spirit of the conversation.....

• Like 4

i believe in witchcraft and all.but i am trying to get my head around the whole flying broom though!i believe in many things but i just don't know what to say to this though.

This is another misogynistic law which probably relies on the testimony of one male to prove guilt. Lawmakers don't care if witches fly or not, but it seems a sensible way to them of controlling more autonomous women.

History repeats itself, I'm afraid.

Peace,

RadicalGnostic

• Like 2

RadicalGnostic is right, this is just another way to oppress women. The punishment for flying about on a broom is most likely hanging or stoning.

• Like 2

RadicalGnostic is right, this is just another way to oppress women. The punishment for flying about on a broom is most likely hanging or stoning.

I kinda hate that's it's gonna take a conviction for some men over there to maybe get an inkling of how completely messed up they are to believe such things, the regret, if it comes usually does so posthumously :cry: .

I love the ad that came with this post,

scared to fly

www.flyingwithconfidence.com

British Airway's course will help you overcome your fears

lmao :rofl:

• Like 2

i know witches are real majic is real not magic voodoo..ect no matter what you might want to call it theres always going to be a good side of it and a evil saide of it rideing brooms came out of hollywood not realy shure about the first but if i was betting on it would be sumthing like the wizard of oz or i love lucy eather way still hollywood get up for yeah majic was been dated back long time before the "holy bible" was even a idea to write about some might call it as like alchemy or what ever if i ever see a woman riden in the air on a freakn broom be shure i'm going to be looking for that up skirt shot ...lol,,, my ol lady is in to that wiccian idea has been for years i've read a few of her books and many other thing protainting to that form of thinking not to my knowage there wasnt any one riden a broom or a mop but instresting enough there are several ideas about what a old sawgrass broom was realy used for other then sweeping away the unwanted and or stiring a kettel pot (still looking in to this idea) *snip*

Edited by libstaK

I wonder if the witches were allowed to wear skirts while flying on brooms ...

seeihng as their a couple hundred years old. Who would want to check.

seeihng as their a couple hundred years old. Who would want to check.

you've been playing in the wrong neighborhood my good friend ....

Flying on a broomstick must be real. They passed a law to regulate it. Just like utah has whales in the state. Other ie why would be illegal to shot one in utah. There is such a law too.

• Like 1

A timely reminder to all members:

5b. Spelling and grammar: Do not point out mistakes or criticise other members on their spelling, grammar or punctuation.

Members come from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds and for many English is their second language, if you are not clear on what someone is trying to say please

ask for clarification, such as:

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly - did you mean (insert your understanding of the message)? or simply, I did not understand what you were saying there can you clarify with an example?

That's the way to respond to a moderator...

Popcorn anyone? This ought to be good.

garfield-pooky-popcorn.gif

here ya go ...

• Like 1

I suggest that everyone calm down and eat their popcorn. Being polite/civil to others really isn't all that difficult.

• Like 4

I think that most of you are missing the real point in this thread.

Animism and Witchcraft are still very potent forces in some African and Carribean nations. Such nations are doomed to remain in the Stone Age, whilst the rest of the World is accelerating towards a different outcome. Those left behind will become the "Neanderthals" of the Modern World. They will not survive, and neither should they.

I find it difficult to believe that some cultures still believe in these age old superstitions in this day and age.

Witchcraft is one of those words that gain and lose in translation. What is a "witch" in one culture is only loosely related to what is a "witch" in another.

Vietnam doesn't really have anything I can think of that might correspond to African or European witches. We do, however, have neighborhood party chairwomen living in most neighborhoods.

• Like 1

Witchcraft is one of those words that gain and lose in translation. What is a "witch" in one culture is only loosely related to what is a "witch" in another.

Vietnam doesn't really have anything I can think of that might correspond to African or European witches. We do, however, have neighborhood party chairwomen living in most neighborhoods.

Oh Frank, you could be buying a whole lotta trouble talking like that about your local constituents :w00t:

The Hanoi HAnnah action League is assembling as we speak ....

That brings to my mind the question of why "witch" has such negative connotations while "wizard" or "warlock" do not.

That brings to my mind the question of why "witch" has such negative connotations while "wizard" or "warlock" do not.

that carries a bit of a sexist scent Frank ... :lol:

250px-Warlock_9.jpg

but this Warlock is cool ......... like to see Hollywood mess this one up ...

link

No scent about it; the distinction in English is clearly sexist.

Witches brooms aren't even used for flying. They're used for wiping malarky away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Makes one wonder exactly how often flying witches on brooms have been a problem for aircraft. Sucking one into the jet intake of an L1011 could ruin your whole day. Of course if you only maim one by hitting her with, say, the tail section or wing tip, she will no doubt sue you in court, or cast a spell on the airline causing it to lose business by charging extra for luggage.

And remember, there are those who would have us believe that all cultures are created equal, however irrational.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I live in Thailand,ny girlfriend is Burmese.The old crone next door is from the Shan tribe.So I am told every day that she is a witch,and being Shan makes her an evil witch.If the washing machine tears some clothing,the witch did it etc etc.

Never a day goes by without some trouble.Guess who makes it. Now this old lady has brooms made from twigs. I keep watching,but have seen no flying. I cannot convince my girl otherwise