Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Consider All Communications Monitored

Kowalski

i don't see why everyone is so paranoid anyway. It seems a perfectly sensible thing for any law enforcement organisation to do, and surely everyone would want to give co-operate with the law enforcment authorities in any way they can to eliminate evildoers.

That depends. Now, if someone does something, like bombs a building, or like what happened in Boston, then the FBI or whoever, should get a warrant, to search their e-mails. Or if someone has ties to terrorist organizations like Al-Quada, then they need to get a warrant FIRST, then search. Now according to the Fourth amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized
  • Like 3

well there are pbly billions of e mails gonig around at any given hour, in the world, i don't see how fbi can manage to track, read, and figure what is relavant what is not. i doubt fbi, or entire us gvmnt has manpower to do it. they can collect billions of terrabites of data, ok, than what?

unless they are looking at someones in particular (and i'm pretty sure, if you are in buissnes where fbi needs to see your e mails, you'll find a way to avoid it). all the data wont do much good to them.

same for sms, mms....

not to mention those that want to comunicate without being traced use shared email account and write drafts, never sending a single e mail out. general pertreus used that with his mistress, and millions of cheaters in the world do it as well. no emails sent, no trails. and no gvmnt organization has resourses to read every e mail account iin the world.

from leagl pov it conserns me, a "what is next" question pops to mind, but from practical pov, good luck fbi.

The point is that if you happen to draw the ire or attention of an agent or an agency, say your lover was the wife of an FBI agent, then that angry agent or curious agency could dig through all your communications without a warrant.

See what just happened to AP.

• Like 2

How else could they do it? Have crack teams of Spooks monitoring everything everyone ever says or writes? I saw a list of the keywords they use once; quite amusing, some of them are, and I try to make a point of using as many of them as I can. In fact, I expect there are at least three in this very post. See if you can guess what they are.

if i'm doing something illegal that i know fbi would watch me, i would call all those things (drugs, guns, .....) by different word everytime, and none would be a key word. and whoever on the other line, would understand.

if this post has 3 than every single post or email, in the world would have a key word, which brings us back to billions of terrabites of data, and key word in every email ext... now where are you gonna get billions of ppl and millions of hours to read all of them.

so i doubt this keyword stuf is anything but hollywood\media myth,.

The point is that if you happen to draw the ire or attention of an agent or an agency, say your lover was the wife of an FBI agent, then that angry agent or curious agency could dig through all your communications without a warrant.

See what just happened to AP.

lol, they could always do it, if needed. even police could get your phone\medical\email, from providers, with only subpena. there is nothing new, it has always been possible.

AP got what they deserve they were gvmt bi,,ch in spreading their agenda, they didn't cry about freedom of press than.

They look for key words and have computers to find this for them and flag it as suspicious.

yea, i've seen that movie too, however, i really doubt that is how it is done in real world.

it's all done at a place called 'menwith hill' a US listening & communications base about 15miles from my house. every email, text message, internet search & phonecall in europe, and every email, internet search and txt message in america passes through it at some stage. I go up there every year for the 4th of july ball, a protest meeting (usually held in fancy-dress), and the site has just undergone a massive new expansion to cope with the increased data demands.

its goings-on are of the utmost secrecy, and with the amount of armed guards they've got, I for one, wouldn't like to climb the fence.....

• Like 2

it's all done at a place called 'menwith hill' a US listening & communications base about 15miles from my house. every email, text message, internet search & phonecall in europe, and every email, internet search and txt message in america passes through it at some stage. I go up there every year for the 4th of july ball, a protest meeting (usually held in fancy-dress), and the site has just undergone a massive new expansion to cope with the increased data demands.

its goings-on are of the utmost secrecy, and with the amount of armed guards they've got, I for one, wouldn't like to climb the fence.....

Menwith is part of the Echelon project isn't it? Echelon is a real time communications monitoring system. It monitors communications for keywords.

In fact, one of the Echelon sites was targeted and damaged by protesters in NZ who did not get convicted as they genuinely believed they were saving peoples lifes by damaging the site.

The report concludes that, on the basis of information presented, ECHELON was capable of interception and content inspection of telephone calls, fax, e-mail and other data traffic globally through the interception of communication bearers including satellite transmission, public switched telephone networks (which once carried most Internet traffic) and microwave links.[6]

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 2

it sure is prof!

funnily enough, the airspace OVER menwith hill isn't restricted, and a comedian/political activist named mark thomas hired a hot-air baloon and flew over it, filming it. however, he got himself in a whole world of s**t when his balloon started going down when he was over the base! very naughty!

oh, how we laughed!!

i'll see if I can grab a link off yoochoob for it!

• Like 2

i've found the link, but I don't know how to share it with my phone! it's under 'mark thomas menwith hill' if anyone wants to watch it? both parts are there, the studio comedy set & the balloon trip.....

• Like 1

i've found the link, but I don't know how to share it with my phone! it's under 'mark thomas menwith hill' if anyone wants to watch it? both parts are there, the studio comedy set & the balloon trip.....

Now that its posted, i think i'll watch

• Like 1

In 2011, I gave our many security services a real earful. It was arguably the best weather forecast, since Moses.

Note carefully when the spike occurred. April 14-16th vs. the time stamp on the clear, wind warning below.

What they're really listening for, are the Sons of Thunder. So let them listen to screaming shards of glass.

Big brother is nothing compared to Big Daddy.

Word has reached my ears that the U.S. government classified 16 million documents last year. That's 20 top secret documents generated for each one of these 800,000 with top level clearance.

For every U.S. government employee with top secret clearance, send ten friends of the wind to whisper in one ear, but if they cannot hear my voice then send ten thousand to blow trumpets in both ears, and if they still don't hear me, then let the earth speak with a single voice of many waters, until their own thoughts are completely drowned out.

593549983_78e4262ff7_o.jpg

593549979_c58f433b65_o.gif

8739544327_d3227b9dc8_z.jpg

8740659654_5b2c21fed5_z.jpg

• Like 1

In 2011, I gave our many security services a real earful. It was arguably the best weather forecast, since Moses.

Note carefully when the spike occurred. April 14-16th vs. the time stamp on the clear, wind warning below.

What they're really listening for, are the Sons of Thunder. So let them listen to screaming shards of glass.

Big brother is nothing compared to Big Daddy.

Um, does all that, whatever it all actually means, have anything to do with the subject under discussion? :unsure:

seriously ... doesn't anyone read 'Animal Farm' anymore nowadays ?

~snip bad link

the above is a bad link ... here's the fixed link ... I had to save and scrounged to buy my copy ... now it is free to read online

http://www.george-orwell.org/Animal_Farm/index.html

the above is a bad link ... here's the fixed link ... I had to save and scrounged to buy my copy ... now it is free to read online

http://www.george-or...Farm/index.html

I can get this book free on my kindle.

Need to reread it, it's been awhile since I read it...

• Like 1

it's all done at a place called 'menwith hill' a US listening & communications base about 15miles from my house. every email, text message, internet search & phonecall in europe, and every email, internet search and txt message in america passes through it at some stage.

like i said before trillions of terrabyes of data, good luck with sorting that out, even with computers.

my buddy at work sends dozens of texts to his gf, a day, at work, she writes at least as many, so does almost every kid in the country, i'm sure those have some keywords. every day thousands new email acounts open in usa alone. new phone accounts, you just can't physicly sort it out, and see what is relavant or not.

if that center was doing all of that, feds would not need to get phone records of AP, they would already have it at that center.

• Like 1

like i said before trillions of terrabyes of data, good luck with sorting that out, even with computers.

my buddy at work sends dozens of texts to his gf, a day, at work, she writes at least as many, so does almost every kid in the country, i'm sure those have some keywords. every day thousands new email acounts open in usa alone. new phone accounts, you just can't physicly sort it out, and see what is relavant or not.

if that center was doing all of that, feds would not need to get phone records of AP, they would already have it at that center.

Bottlenecking all that information through one point would create a lot of lag on a lot of systems. That would make a lot of companies very unhappy. It's much more feasible to look through backlogs as you have all the time in the world to go over it

That center, 'Menwith Hill', is essentially a proxy site that all internet traffic in the UK and America would have to redirect to on it's way to it's destination. Think of it like this:

America builds an airport. This airport is used as a temporary stop so all the passengers on a plane can be checked in person. ALL air traffic in the UK and the US now have to stop at this airport on their way to where they were originally going. Within the first hour that airport will have hundreds of planes waiting to touch down. Now every single flight in those two countries will be hours behind schedule, indefinitely.

Doesn't seem very efficient, does it?

Edited by Dark_Grey

They look for key words and have computers to find this for them and flag it as suspicious.

Not even key words. Facebook has algorithms they boast can find out if you're gay before you do!

Imagine what the FBI has on hand.

Don't worry guys... it's for our own protection... :|

• Like 4

i don't see why everyone is so paranoid anyway. It seems a perfectly sensible thing for any law enforcement organisation to do, and surely everyone would want to give co-operate with the law enforcment authorities in any way they can to eliminate evildoers.

Where corruption exists. You'll be targeted if you don't agree loudly. That is, if those who are corrupt are in control or have access to such information.

That's my only concern.

And with a government in the US that stands and in partial control of many corrupted people. One must second guess everything and deliberate the necessity and such of facilities like these.

• Like 2

I can get this book free on my kindle.

Need to reread it, it's been awhile since I read it...

I make sure to read it every few years or so .... everything in it takes on a new dimension with things you know then and now together ... better than fine wine

:tu:

Um, does all that, whatever it all actually means, have anything to do with the subject under discussion? :unsure:

Don't worry about spies without eyes. They don't have top level clearance.

At least 6 killed, up to 100 injured by Texas tornadoes - By Gary Strauss , USA TODAY11:01 p.m. EDT May 15, 2013

The tornado was among several spotted in Texas on Wednesday night ...

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Don't worry about spies without eyes. They don't have top level clearance.

At least 6 killed, up to 100 injured by Texas tornadoes - By Gary Strauss , USA TODAY11:01 p.m. EDT May 15, 2013

The tornado was among several spotted in Texas on Wednesday night ...

Huh? :huh:

• Like 2

Huh? :huh:

Ban Tornadoes! They kill injure and kill innocent people!

• Like 2

Their power is derived by keeping secrets from men, but far greater power is given to those who reveal the danger we are in.

every email, text message, internet search &; phonecall in europe, and every email, internet search and txt message in america passes through it at some stage.

oh, i'm sorry, I mxst have missed the part that said american phonecalls were routed through menwith hill, good job you spotted it for me eh, as I could've swore blind it wasn't there.

Bottlenecking all that information through one point would create a lot of lag on a lot of systems. That would make a lot of companies very unhappy. It's much more feasible to look through backlogs as you have all the time in the world to go over it

That center, 'Menwith Hill', is essentially a proxy site that all internet traffic in the UK and America would have to redirect to on it's way to it's destination. Think of it like this:

America builds an airport. This airport is used as a temporary stop so all the passengers on a plane can be checked in person. ALL air traffic in the UK and the US now have to stop at this airport on their way to where they were originally going. Within the first hour that airport will have hundreds of planes waiting to touch down. Now every single flight in those two countries will be hours behind schedule, indefinitely.

Doesn't seem very efficient, does it?

astronomers have computers that are the size of suitcases and can listen to billions of radio channels SIMULTANIOUSLY.

that's astronomers.

with something as big as luggage.

now imagine what the US govt. can do with something that covers 100 acres.....

I think you're SERIOUSLY underestimating their capabilities.