Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cabo San Lucas ‘mystery fish’

Keel M.

That thing is UGLY!! lol It even has ridges above its eyes making it appear to have eyebrows that are "angry".

Mario Bañaga has fished Cabo San Lucas waters for 18 years, and some of his friends have even more experience. But Bañaga and his friends had never seen the type of denizen reeled in Thursday off the Baja California resort destination.

The “mystery fish,” caught aboard a skiff called Gloria, had a face like that of a bulldog.

It boasted an upturned face, as though it had run into a wall, and an enormous gaping mouth.

Full story

Edited by Kasey2601
  • Like 2

Bañaga and his friends were not aware that these bottom-dwelling lie-in-wait predators, which are found at depths of 50 feet or more, are capable of delivering an electrical shock of about 50 volts—not enough to harm a human but a jolt nonetheless.

The wonders of nature never ceases to amaze me .... I wonder if we farm a number of this ... we can light up a home for free ....

Yes that thing is ugly but they way it looks isn't what will kill you, its venom will.

• Like 1

My first thought after seeing the second pic where the fish looks angry was... Grumpy Cat, meet Grumpy Fish! LOL