Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was i hallucinating?

stevemagegod

Okay guys so early this morning i randomly woke up. After i woke up i wasn't really awake, but i wasn't a sleep either, i was just laying there not really thinking of anything just staring into the woodwork of my bed, and then all of a sudden i started seeing symbols, and images started to manifest on the woodwork for my Bed. I believe that i was still in a dream like state even though i was able to move, and my eyes were awake. Is this still Hypnagogia, or something else? Because last night before i lost consciousness i remember i heard a loud "Bang/POP" like dishes falling on the ground and breaking, inside of my head. From what i have read this is one of the signs that a OBE is about to occur. What do you guys think?

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 2

i think we can dream about things we read and a astral projection pop can be mimicked. im not saying you didn't experience the astral pop but to consider how experiences can be deceiving. Im a believer in lucid dreaming and have also had ones where im unsure wether they were ap. I still persist in trying to astral project tho lol

• Like 1

Everything we perceive is first filtered through our guardian's mind & then into our mind, & this allows our guardian to project images into our minds eye. The symbols mean something but they need to be described clearly & in the context & order they were projected. It took me years of communicating with the beings to understand their symbolic language, & then I started speaking to the beings in symbols instead of words because a symbol or picture speaks a thousand words or something like that & is a much faster & easier way to communicate.

• Like 1

Everything we perceive is first filtered through our guardian's mind & then into our mind, & this allows our guardian to project images into our minds eye. The symbols mean something but they need to be described clearly & in the context & order they were projected. It took me years of communicating with the beings to understand their symbolic language, & then I started speaking to the beings in symbols instead of words because a symbol or picture speaks a thousand words or something like that & is a much faster & easier way to communicate.

It's interesting that you mention a "Guardian". Because now that i think about it, i happened to turn my head trying to fall back a sleep toward my closet door, and on my closet door i have this big ass mirror. And when i turned my head trying to fall back a sleep i saw what appeared to be something in the mirror. It's hard to describe but it looked like a partial leg like how you would stick leg your out to trip someone inside of the mirror just standing there? It was almost out of view when i turned my head, but i looked twice and it was still there. I didn't see any defining features to it, but after i was fully awake this morning i actually checked the mirror and nothing out of the ordinary was there.

So what do you think? Was a Guardian actually present inside of my Mirror manifesting these images to me without me realizing it?

Edited by stevemagegod

Im hearing your concept for the first time, if you get a chance would you pm me. I would also love to hear about your experiences too if u don't mind sharing them.

Well dreams can be amazing. Especially Lucid dreams. The amount of dreams ive experienced that are so realistic I cant distinguish the dram itself from reality is amazing. Ive been Lucid dreaming my entire life but only in recent years have I chosen to understand and research more and also learnign to control it.

I cant say ive experienced anything with what your describing but ive felt pain, pleasure. Smelled fresh fragrances, felt the wind hit my skin as I flew through the air. The list goes on and on.

It could very well be that even though it seemed like you were awake, you may have been in that 'tween' state where the dream state and waking state are side-by-side and dream images are superimposed onto the waking world.

If you are studying things like symbols or have seen lots of them from a show or game (for example) then maybe some of that leaked over as you woke up. Sounds weird though.

• Like 1

It does sound like hallucination but that does not mean there is no meaning to them.

Symbols in dreams are part of our collective and individual mind. They have meaning.

If there is a guardian it too could be part of our own consciousness.

If any plans are for communicating with these beings (or exploring these deeper aspects of our consciousness if this is the case) then insure yourself first that you are quite stable.

Opening up ourselves to these hidden parts of our own selves, or of humanity, comes with its own danger. Other things could come through or manifest.

• Like 1

It does sound like hallucination but that does not mean there is no meaning to them.

Symbols in dreams are part of our collective and individual mind. They have meaning.

If there is a guardian it too could be part of our own consciousness.

If any plans are for communicating with these beings (or exploring these deeper aspects of our consciousness if this is the case) then insure yourself first that you are quite stable.

Opening up ourselves to these hidden parts of our own selves, or of humanity, comes with its own danger. Other things could come through or manifest.

This isn't the first time that this has happened either. I feel as though sometimes when i wake up in that "Twilight Stage", that the dreams will use the woodwork of my bed as a amplifier to make themselves manifest in front of me when i am just laying staring into the woodwork. I know it sounds crazy but those images only appear when i stare at the bed, if i roll on my back and just stair at my ceiling i don't see anything.

But i have been experimenting with opening up myself to these higher parts of are self. Do you know if there is any way i could try and contact these "Guardians".?

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

The symbols could have been Phosphine's, which I associate with Hypnagogic imagery & Sacred geometry.

Randomly waking up and finding yourself in these half states is common with me, and I find it's all related to hypnagogic & hypnopompic states, which to me are just the same thing, only at different depths or aspects of the same, and are very close to the surface when we're at that "twilight stage."

Just this morning I did something similar, I woke after a dream, wrote it down, but when I went to go back to sleep I found myself building some pretty fantastic pictures in my mind out of lines, only they kept collapsing. it happened very quickly, and before I could make any sense of it I was snoring my head off, lol.

These kind of things, as far as I am concerned anyway, are not hallucinations. There's a purpose for them, a meaning, otherwise these kind of things just wouldn't exist..

This isn't the first time that this has happened either. I feel as though sometimes when i wake up in that "Twilight Stage", that the dreams will use the woodwork of my bed as a amplifier to make themselves manifest in front of me when i am just laying staring into the woodwork. I know it sounds crazy but those images only appear when i stare at the bed, if i roll on my back and just stair at my ceiling i don't see anything.

But i have been experimenting with opening up myself to these higher parts of are self. Do you know if there is any way i could try and contact these "Guardians".?

I don't know but others surely such as Perfection do. We all have similar experiences, some dismiss them, others find their own methods of making meaning out of them. To me I find satisfying meaning in other forms. Basically I translate the same experiences through impressions they gave me, in the same way one can look at a piece of art and find meaning in it, personal meaning, or universal meaning, then I proceed from there.

To be honest, it is deeper than that, because at times it is as if the information is suddenly downloaded in my mind, the meaning behind it, and it just makes sense. Have had other experiences too where I have seen shadows (my mind instantly translated it as someone thinking negative about me so I decided to just be nicer to that person) and another time I saw a demon in someone and within less than a second I knew what it meant (just to send them positive energy because they were struggling with something, no need to run up to them and alarm them).

Others want an ever deeper experience. In the end we have to find what works for us and what we are comfortable with. I know your feeling though, I too have wanted to talk to these beings, communicate, but I found meaning in these other methods and have been satisfied so far.

The symbols could have been Phosphine's, which I associate with Hypnagogic imagery & Sacred geometry.

Randomly waking up and finding yourself in these half states is common with me, and I find it's all related to hypnagogic & hypnopompic states, which to me are just the same thing, only at different depths or aspects of the same, and are very close to the surface when we're at that "twilight stage."

Just this morning I did something similar, I woke after a dream, wrote it down, but when I went to go back to sleep I found myself building some pretty fantastic pictures in my mind out of lines, only they kept collapsing. it happened very quickly, and before I could make any sense of it I was snoring my head off, lol.

These kind of things, as far as I am concerned anyway, are not hallucinations. There's a purpose for them, a meaning, otherwise these kind of things just wouldn't exist..

The preternatural approach does not define "hallucination" as some obviously do. The one who are hostile to the word "hallucination" would be wrong if they are basing their definition on a dualist (dualism is an illusion) view that one can either have a "real" experience or a "hallucination", that is not true, hallucinations could just be as real, meaningful, and purposeful. Some also believe science is simply out to discredit believers so are hostile to it. The preternatural view relies on science whenever possible.

Which brings us to the following:

Hypnagogic hallucinations and hypnopompic hallucinations are considered normal phenomena. Hypnagogic hallucinations can occur as one is falling asleep and hypnopompic hallucinations occur when one is waking up.

and

A hallucination is a perception in the absence of a stimulus which has qualities of real perception. Hallucinations are vivid, substantial, and located in external objective space. They are distinguished from the related phenomena of dreaming, which does not involve wakefulness; illusion, which involves distorted or misinterpreted real perception; imagery, which does not mimic real perception and is under voluntary control; and pseudohallucination, which does not mimic real perception, but is not under voluntary control. Hallucinations also differ from "delusional perceptions", in which a correctly sensed and interpreted stimulus (i.e. a real perception) is given some additional (and typically bizarre) significance.

Hallucination

Maybe some are just being old fashioned, hostile to science, or whatever but hallucinations are not illusions or delusions.

A scientific study relates these hallucinations to REM state (dreaming). These type of hallucinations are just as important as dreams, messages do come through in both dreaming and hallucination. Sorry, don't know anything about ego mumbo jumbo.

Wakefulness–sleep transition: Emerging electroencephalographic similarities with the rapid eye movement phase

The covert-rapid eye movement (REM) sleep hypothesis of dreaming suggests that elements of REM sleep emerge during sleep onset, leading to vivid hypnagogic imagery. We tested the physiological part of this hypothesis by analysing scalp-recorded electroencephalograms of 15 human subjects during wake–sleep transition and subsequent night time sleep. Wake–sleep transition was categorised semi-automatically as alpha activity, alpha dropout and as early Stage 2 sleep. The slow oscillation, the slow and the fast subdivisions of the delta and the theta frequencies respectively, as well as alpha and sigma bands were analysed. The similarity of individual-specific wake–sleep transition periods and the whole night Stage 2 or REM sleep periods was expressed in a composite similarity measure covering the spectral power of all analysed frequency bands and in frequency-specific similarities related to power values in single bands. A significant increase in composite similarity with the whole night REM sleep emerged in the period of alpha dropout and diminished in early Stage 2 sleep. The alpha dropout period was more similar to whole night REM sleep than to whole night Stage 2 sleep. These region-independent effects were mirrored in region-specific manner by frequency bands of the delta-slow theta range. Findings are in accordance with the covert REM sleep hypothesis, with previous electrocorticographic results and with the frequency range of the sawtooth waves in humans.

Keywords

• Sleep stages;
  • Polysomnography;
  • Delta rhythm;
  • Theta rhythm;
  • Alpha rhythm;
  • Hypnagogic hallucinations

sciencedirect.com

Preternatural = embrace spirituality + science at the same time

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 1

Some good stuff here . I still do not like the term "hullucination" for altered state experiences. Despite a textbook definition, the term implies an unreality to experiences.

• Like 2

Some good stuff here . I still do not like the term "hullucination" for altered state experiences. Despite a textbook definition, the term implies an unreality to experiences.

When my father was in hospital with Phenomena, I was told be was suffering hallucinations from lack of oxygen in the blood. He related to me what he'd seen or understood or knew, and it surprised me that his experiences were closely related to the themes of what I'd been seeing in meditations, and what others had seen.. Having never been in such a state I don't know if I can relate to the difference between hallucination & self induced altered state, but given what was related to me on that occasion and one other I tend to think that it's quite possibly all one and the same, but in different levels or degrees.

There is a negative, dismissive and derogatory connotation around the word Hallucination, which is after all just another altered state of consciousness where we can experience reality at another level. Like you say, "the term implies an unreality to experiences.. If you flip that and question reality, then hallucinations are just another form of it.

• Like 2

Sorry, don't know anything about ego mumbo jumbo.

That is quite obvious Unseelie.. ChristianWitch.. Chasingtherabbit.. I believe you.. and your latest incarnation, Leave Britney alone.

Would love it if others could get beyond the derogatory or dismissive sense of the word hallucination. It seems to very much be another part of the equation of seeing beyond the normal sense of reality into other realities. A child's imagination is also usually dismissed but again is another form.

What is also interesting is how the way we interpret and connect to this other world which is definitely not really another world but a part of this one seldom visited as much as the deepest forest is very real even if few venture, but what is interesting is how our experiences can differ between others but among families there can be strong parallels.

The way Prof's father and Prof both saw/see symbols. I too have seen symbols and in time the meaning to them just hits me in an instant like a ton of bricks whereas before it was uncertain to me what they meant. In time it does appear to be a skill to see symbols but also have a coupled realization of their meaning, sometimes general and universal meaning, other times very personal just to us as if the Universe is communicating with us. We were once babies who just heard others talking then we became children to understand what was being said to us.

We are all children of the Universe as it chooses to talk to us in different ways if we are willing to listen and other times we have no choice it will speak and call us if it so chooses.

My mother was also in the hospital when she had a hallucination. She of course said that is how others termed her experience, as an hallucination, but she knew it was a personal experience with actual beings and that they brought her messages of hope. She has had this happen at her home too but while still having medical issues.

What is interesting is that her experiences parallel mine in that messages of hope is what the main messages I have received, or of clarity in the direction of hope, when all seemed loss for myself, or when another was struggling, what my experiences led me to was understanding I could have hope for myself and others and even offer positive energy or actual remedy in helping the situation when I/others most needed help.

I have had dreams beyond hallucinations but they too seem to be another mode of communication the Universe uses. The dreams have given me the messages that we all have gifts that can be used to help others.

• Like 2

Many years back I heard a pop in my head as I was just waking up and it was followed almost instantly by a massive headache and colored lights and the equivalent of little birdies circling my head. . the headache was so bad I stopped in at the Drs later that day. When I told him about the sound of the pop he had an ambulance there in less than five minutes and had me transported to the ER for a stroke/ hemorrhage they did almost 15 K worth of tests and hospital time looking for the aneurism or stroke or whatever it was ( luckily I had major medical at the time and it didn't cost me a dime,) Apparently The Dr thought I'd had a stroke or aneurism or something because of the sound. the moral of the story is before you go looking for a supernatural or paranormal explanation, get the medical ones out of the way. Even if only by research.

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 3

Many years back I heard a pop in my head as I was just waking up and it was followed almost instantly by a massive headache and colored lights and the equivalent of little birdies circling my head. . the headache was so bad I stopped in at the Drs later that day. When I told him about the sound of the pop he had an ambulance there in less than five minutes and had me transported to the ER for a stroke/ hemorrhage they did almost 15 K worth of tests and hospital time looking for the aneurism or stroke or whatever it was ( luckily I had major medical at the time and it didn't cost me a dime,) Apparently The Dr thought I'd had a stroke or aneurism or something because of the sound. the moral of the story is before you go looking for a supernatural or paranormal explanation, get the medical ones out of the way. Even if only by research.

This is quite true and relevant. Be careful to seperate what happens in an altered state of conciousness with why or how the altered state of conciousness occurrd in the first place.

Something causing a spontaneous altered state of conciousness can be quite dangerouse or a symptom of something else. That does not take away from what one experiences during that altered state.

With that said, with this example, I am often baffled why doctors don't seem to know much about common occurrences like this. If you were to say to your doctor, I am experiencing exploding head syndrome, most would not have a clue what you are talking about. Potentially a sleep doctor or neurologist may, but most doctors would not.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 3

they never did figure out what had happened or what was the cause of the headache which took almost a week to go away.

Drs are human too ( at least I hope so though with the amount They charge I have to wonder) they don't know everything

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 1

they never did figure out what had happened or what was the cause of the headache which took almost a week to go away.

Drs are human too ( at least I hope so though with the amount They charge I have to wonder) they don't know everything

How was your blood pressure? I went through something very similar.

yes I do have high BP and was on meds at the time, but I was also considered under control. at the Drs it was about 145 / 90. I checked it at home after I woke up And it was in the general area of 115 /75. ( my BP always go up when I think about how much the Dr costs)

yes I do have high BP and was on meds at the time, but I was also considered under control. at the Drs it was about 145 / 90. I checked it at home after I woke up And it was in the general area of 115 /75. ( my BP always go up when I think about how much the Dr costs)

Is or did anything else happening? Any other experiences? How long have you had high blood pressure? Do you know why you have it?

Edited by Seeker79

Is or did anything else happening? Any other experiences? How long have you had high blood pressure? Do you know why you have it?

I don't remember anything else happening physically, mentally or supernaturally during the general time period. I do remember I was dreaming just before it happened but don't remember any more than that

at the time I had been diagnosed with diabetes for about 8 years and High BP for about two. and had been recording all my numbers for over a year.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

I don't remember anything else happening physically, mentally or supernaturally during the general time period. I do remember I was dreaming just before it happened but don't remember any more than that

at the time I had been diagnosed with diabetes for about 8 years and High BP for about two. and had been recording all my numbers for over a year.

Sleep apnia?