Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kitten survives 30-minute cycle in washing

Still Waters

An eight-week-old kitten used up one of her nine lives after miraculously surviving a 30-minute cycle in a washing machine.

The terrible accident happened when Gollum the tortoiseshell cat hid under a pile of dirty laundry to escape the deafening noise of her owner, Lauren Gavin, hoovering.

But before the cute kitten was discovered Lauren tipped the load into the washing mashing and put it on for a full wash - mixing her colours with her cat.

http://uk.news.yahoo...73.html#EXFTpGT

Oh god, poor kitty. So glad she got it to the vet and it lived. Kittens can get into all kinds of trouble.

We used to go up to the local laundromat and see who could last the longest time in the clothes dryer. Ah yes the silly things you do when your young. :yes:

I think I would have gone into serious mourning if I had killed a little kitten - even by accident -I'm glad the little guy is going to make it!

• Like 2

Even though he made it, I can't bear to read the article.

I can almost feel his fear :(

Edited by Mnemonix

I think I would have gone into serious mourning if I had killed a little kitten - even by accident -I'm glad the little guy is going to make it!

OMG... that little thing is so cute and small.

I agree, I would be devastated if I had killed that or any other animal, even by accident.. it’s incredible to think of the injuries and harm I have inflicted on people during my career, but the thought of killing an innocent animal would cut me up.

• Like 1

My ex sister in law accidently blew up her cat in the dryer once.

It was awful, she was beyond herself. Her dad had to come over and just get rid of the dryer.

Awful.

OMG... that little thing is so cute and small.

I agree, I would be devastated if I had killed that or any other animal, even by accident.. it’s incredible to think of the injuries and harm I have inflicted on people during my career, but the thought of killing an innocent animal would cut me up.

For myself I have also been on the edge of cruelty as a younger man. Life changes a person....I step OVER ant mounds and avoid anything I can that would disturb the life of another creature these days. Life is just too short and full of pain to add more to it intentionally.
  • Like 1

For myself I have also been on the edge of cruelty as a younger man. Life changes a person....I step OVER ant mounds and avoid anything I can that would disturb the life of another creature these days. Life is just too short and full of pain to add more to it intentionally.

I can relate to that, A.T., I remember things I did when I was a stupid kid and young man that I cringe at now...but I'm sorry, I still crush spiders (well the poisonous kind anyway, I try to leave the harmless ones alone. I actually kinda like the jumping spider, the one that sort of disguises itself to look like a fly.).

• Like 1

I can relate to that, A.T., I remember things I did when I was a stupid kid and young man that I cringe at now...but I'm sorry, I still crush spiders (well the poisonous kind anyway, I try to leave the harmless ones alone. I actually kinda like the jumping spider, the one that sort of disguises itself to look like a fly.).

That's different Gummug :) That's self defense :w00t:
  • Like 1

I once read a post on a pet forum from someone who accidently killed her favorite cat in the washing machine. I can't imagine the horror of discovering that you killed your beloved pet. This is why I never turn the washing machine or dryer on without checking first. I still worry my family members don't always look even though I remind them.

Glad this kitty survived!

Edited by RavenEyes19

Oh my god. I would want to kill myself if I accidentially killed one of my cats ........I'm so glad baby was ok .

• Like 1