Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some of my experiences

hauntedinsc

The first strange thing I ever remember was walking down the hall in my grandmothers house and seeing a white women with long mostly grey but peppered with jet black hair almost to her feet. She was tall for a women. She stood at the end of the hall farthest from me and there was a floor length mirror closest to me on my end but I remember turning to run and didn't see a reflection of her and thinking she was gone. I turned back to go wake my grandma and she was still there and came flying at me before disappearing into thin air. For many years I've wondered if this was only a dream but I remember getting in trouble for being up. I've never brought it up since I didn't tell her what I saw. When I got older and started learning about the salem witch trials I wondered if it could have been a witch but it could have been just a young chiles overactive imagination playing tricks in a dark hallway.

The second time my brother saw it to and we agreed we probably shouldn't say anything to our grandparents because they'd probably think we were crazy. We were riding our bikes about dusk. We lived in the country and frequently stayed out after dark playing. We decided to make one more trip from one driveway to the other and around the yard before going in for dinner. We were waiting for what we thought was a car to pass before we rode out into the road. We got nervous because it was going pretty slow to be a vehicle so we both got ready to run in case of trouble. We realized it was a horse and carriage with two lanterns one on each side and an older white gentleman with a black suit with a white shirt and black top hat. We thought it was cool that we actually got to see one since we had only heard of them from our grandparents and great grandparents. My brother was the first to notice it was somewhat transparent and he said somethings not right with that and ran yelling for me to follow him but I couldn't. It was something totally different from anything id ever seen. I even wanted to try to talk to the old man he did smile at me before I had to go because I wasn't allowed out alone and my brother had went straight inside. I've walked the streets at night to see if maybe it would happen again now that I'm grown but haven't seen anything. I've wondered if this man is one of the residents at the cemetery not far from the end of my grandfathers property but I have no idea how to even begin finding something like that out.

You should have asked your grandmother about the lady. Maybe she was a family member? I once saw my foster mom floating across from one side of the door to the other wearing a bathrobe and bed shoes. I know it wasn't her because 1. she was in the other part of the house. 2. she wasn't wearing that at the time and 3. ( and most important) she couldn't float! (even tho I think she was a B....i mean Witch :whistle: ). Funny thing was after I saw her I looked down and a huge spider came running out of the clothes I was folding. I would have told her but she wasn't a nice lady and would have just laughed at me and called me names. Oh well.

Cool experiences you had tho :tu: .

• Like 1

Yeah I've thought about asking her especially about her grandmother my aunt has seen her in the front yard of where I live now but I was too young to remember what her mom looked like much less her grandmother if she was even alive when I was born. My grandmother doesn't believe ghosts exists so there is no telling which way that conversation would go. I have never seen the women in any of the photos of her or my grandpas family so idk but she definately did not seem to friendly.

Edited by hauntedinsc
  • Like 1

There was a poster who said he visited a friend who owned a prism & when he looked through the prism he saw an old woman looking through the window at him. He dropped the prism in fright & later looked through it again & saw that the old woman was still looking at him.

A few years later when I was about 13 I was behind the store my aunt owned just sitting in the field enjoying the fresh air when I saw a little girl coming towards me. She was younger than me and asked if I could help her find her mom. I stood up and told her to come with me to talk to my aunt and we would help her get back to her family but when she went to take my hand it felt like a cool breeze had passed over my hand and the girl just like walked into me and disappeared. I looked for her behinding not realizing until later years how silly that was considering people don't just walk through people but when I finally ran in to tell my aunt what happened she said maybe it was a ghost. I didn't really know what she meant at the time but we went out to see if we could find her and of course nothing. Years later I found out the girl who had lived across the street had died years before that when her go cart was hit by a speeding car while she was crossing the street. She was about 9 when it happened which seemed age appropriate for the young girl I saw. I still get chills when I pass by that field but I do hope shes found her way home.

Wow perfection that's strange but awesome sounding. Think I would have accidentally on purpose lost that prism.

Sorry there are quite a few experiences I've had but its the weekend and I'm trying to spend time with my babies also before they return to school tomorrow but I will eventually get around to all of them. Please feel free to share your own also. Its definately interesting to hear of others experiences. It helps know I haven't lost or if I have at least I have company ;-)

Wow perfection that's strange but awesome sounding. Think I would have accidentally on purpose lost that prism.

LOL I agree, that thing would be so gone!

Haunted, maybe you have what people say is "the sight". There's other names for it too, but I forget. Like on Stephen King's "The Shining". Maybe look into that more?

Courtesy of Yahoo Answers: When you come to Earth, some people believe you pass through a vale between the spirit world and Earth. The vale causes you to forget what had happened in Heaven eventually. Young children are more sensitive to the vale and can see through it (hence why baby's can't talk). Some people, how ever, can see through the vale as adults. Basically it means you're gifted and you should stay away from things such as ouiji boards. Hope Helped. :P ~Min0

• Like 1