Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun Control News

Tata Rompe Pecho

Well, I posted only statistics, and an unopinionated parliamental paper, which prove the opposite. I qualify them as unbiased.

There are also lots of other countries for examples of working gun control.And of course, nothing is perfect.

But alright, I'll stop arguing with you about this. You have seen it all. :unsure2:

. I qualify them as unbiased.

lol, they are more biased than anyone, since it was their law, that banned handguns. so it is not in their best interest to show how it failed.

hundreds of sources say the opposite, from that one, and you consider all those biased, but yours speaks the truth, lol.

got it.

oh yea guns control sure works, Mao, Stalin, Hitler proved it, that is why we are against gun control.

lol, they are more biased than anyone, since it was their law, that banned handguns. so it is not in their best interest to show how it failed.

hundreds of sources say the opposite, from that one, and you consider all those biased, but yours speaks the truth, lol.

got it.

oh yea guns control sure works, Mao, Stalin, Hitler proved it, that is why we are against gun control.

You see, that's what happens when two smartasses clash :D

The gun control these muppets installed is way different than the one we have here now. And that one does work.

Do you think the British fake their statistics? Where do your articles get their figures from? Right, same sources. They interpret them, what my links do not do; they are raw numbers. That is the difference.

Besides, I would never suggest a gun ban like in the UK. There are much better models.

Edit: I hope you have read the comments on the first article you have posted. And for the sources: A daily mail article!

Edited by FLOMBIE

There is a drastic difference between a Gun Ban and Gun Control.

Gun control can be just as easy as screening people who purchase guns, ensuring that they do not have a history of violent tendencies.

Yes criminals don't care, but the person who has snapped and will snap again they more then likely will go through the proper channels.

The guy at newtown hadn't snapped before. All of the new laws, state or national, proposed or passed would not have kept the weapon out of this man's hands. Further limiting the size of the magazine would not have slowed him down. He never emptied a magazine during the shooting. He was changing them almost as fast as he was shooting. The onle thing that would have stopped him was another gun. Which when one showed up he killed himself.

• Like 2

The guy at newtown hadn't snapped before. All of the new laws, state or national, proposed or passed would not have kept the weapon out of this man's hands. Further limiting the size of the magazine would not have slowed him down. He never emptied a magazine during the shooting. He was changing them almost as fast as he was shooting. The onle thing that would have stopped him was another gun. Which when one showed up he killed himself.

No one shot up a school? where have you been living.

Kept out of his hands? Certainly would have.

Magazine size? Certainly would have slowed him down.

Another gun? Seriously?!! you want bullets flying back and forth with CHILDREN present. More would have been killed.

So, is it safe to assume that most Americans do not feel safe unless they are "packing"?

So, is it safe to assume that most Americans do not feel safe unless they are "packing"?

No.

• Like 1

no. Only those that are paranoid. Gun ownership is dropping but increasing per person i.e. less people but those that do with more guns.

No. I don't pack a gun. I just understand the reason for the right to pack guns.

• Like 3

no. Only those that are paranoid. Gun ownership is dropping but increasing per person i.e. less people but those that do with more guns.

The only thing I'm going to question about your ever so insightful post is this; Why isn't it justified that some gun owners are paranoid? If I lived on Vine street in Cincinnati, I would be paranoid without a gun in my home. Maybe you're more familiar with south side Chicago? I see that police force has the criminals under control. What about those living in New York, NY? I see they're being investigated for encroaching on minorities rights in certain neighborhoods. Or what about those ever so competent and trust worthy LAPD? I mean, it's not like they shot a couple old ladies a couple months ago or anything, and they most certainly didn't have a rogue officer essentially locking the area down.

Personally I think the statement "ninjadude is a trolling little man with an inferiority complex" has a lot more merit and evidence than your "Only those that are paranoid" comment.

• Like 1

The only thing I'm going to question about your ever so insightful post is this; Why isn't it justified that some gun owners are paranoid?

you are quite right, SOME gun owners are justifiably paranoid. And?

Gun Control is not confiscation. Repealing the 2nd amendment is not confiscation. Also neither of these things is banning guns either.

Trust is something that should be ( is) earned, not given out willy nilly to anyone without reason or thought. No! I Don't trust politicians, Nor for that matter do I trust ANY government or police force on this planet. ( there is both good and bad in all of the mentioned orgs but how do I know which is which before they come, break down the door, and take it all from me for the sake of their power, pleasure or perversions? ) Yes I feel safer with a gun or twelve close to me and once upon a time I was. whether I am now or not is something I hope I never have to find out ( there are days I can't even hold my shot gun anymore it's so heavy. but I am still accurate with the .45 and the .38 @ less than twenty to thirty feet and beyond that range I should not be shooting in self defense anyways. )

No I don't necessarily feel 'Safer' when packing, but I am less afraid and am more confident when I am.

No, gun control and repealing the second amendment are not in and of themselves gun control, BUT THEY ARE the first two primary steps to control and confiscation by force. or so many if not most American gun owners and gun enthusiasts believe ( as I believe as an American gun owner )

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 2

God did not come down and bestow the right to bear arms to Americans.

Can you prove that. Maybe god guided the founding fathers to give us that right. How ever athiest don't have anyrights as they don't beleave in god.

Can you prove that. Maybe god guided the founding fathers to give us that right. However atheist don't have any rights as they don't believe in god.

cute-cat-laughing.jpg

You can't be serious.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 2

Then don't own one.

• Like 1

you are quite right, SOME gun owners are justifiably paranoid. And?

Gun Control is not confiscation. Repealing the 2nd amendment is not confiscation. Also neither of these things is banning guns either.

So what would you like to see happen in regards to gun control?

Seems to me that those who support more gun control also fail to remember how governments turn against their people throughout history. That was the goal of the 2nd amendment.

Then there is the apparent absolute trust in governments to fairly administer law. Never has a government used a benevolent law to further take away the rights of their citizens under the premise of "protecting the people". The longer the citizens allow this the more difficult it is to reverse the slide.

When contemplating complex social issues it is very important to consider individual behaviors, the good, the bad and everything in between. It is nearly always a terrible thing to assume that one law will take care of all citizens as if they are all identical.

• Like 3

cute-cat-laughing.jpg

You can't be serious.

Why not? God influenced pharo a couple of times, before the isrealites were set free. So why not the founding fathers.

Why not? God influenced pharo a couple of times, before the isrealites were set free. So why not the founding fathers.

The pharao? Are you comparing the story of Moses to the founding of the USA? :blink: And what does that have to do with atheists having no rights?

Can you prove that. Maybe god guided the founding fathers to give us that right. How ever athiest don't have anyrights as they don't beleave in god.

LOL! :rofl:

So what would you like to see happen in regards to gun control?

Universal registration. Universal background checks. Limits on gun types and ammo types. Limits on who can own a gun and where they can be used.

Edited by ninjadude

Seems to me that those who support more gun control also fail to remember how governments turn against their people throughout history.

precisely. Back in 18th century America.

precisely. Back in 18th century America.

No much further back, 2011