Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mermaids-The Body Found

DarkMattersSun

Hi!

I've watched UM forums for a year or two now and the stories (factual, experiences and opinions) are amazing! So I think my first post will be about mermaids, I hope that its in the right category, I'm sure there has already been a thread on this but I can't seem to find it.

Until I saw the documentary 'The Body Found' I never gave mermaids a second thought, I took them with a pinch of salt, I always thought it would be cool for them to be real but even for me they seemed a little far fetched, but this documentary was an eye opener!

Given that one or two of 'actual footage' clips did seem a little unreal the whole theory of how mermaids could have evolved just absolutely blew my mind....

For those who haven't seen the documentary, a few scientists blow the lid on government activity which leads to the discovery of unknown 'voices' interacting with sea creatures such as dolphins and a body washing up on shore and the government keeping the body alive in secret (a retired government body confirms this) and shows a few clips of the creature alive in a tank and on the beach.

The theory of how mermaids would have come about is that millions of years ago, in our 'ape like' era not all of the beings on earth retreated inland.... a select few may have chosen to inhabit the water and over the years adapted to holding their breath for extended periods of time, hunting deep in the ocean, seeing clear as day under the water and finally adapting (over 6 million years) their body which of course means the fin.

Can anyone else buy this?

Another thing which stunned me was the capture of a shark, the shark was cut open and bone fragments were taken from it's stomach, the bones were sent off and one of the bones was named as a tail bone but whatever it belonged to once walked, the other bone fragment was said to be a blowhole, they say that we would have adapted to breathing underwater by having a blowhole... on our forehead!

The body found Pt 1.... Maybe the quality of the video isn't good but it is well worth the watch

* snip *

Edited by Saru
Removed video due to copyright

Hi and welcome to Um.

Sorry to throw this at you, but on here many will do a bit of research of their own:

The NOAA have been forced to issue a statement saying there is no evidence that half-human, half-fish "humanoids" exist after they received several phone calls following a fictional Animal Planet documentary titled "Mermaids: The Body Found."

Daily Mail reports several viewers of the documentary mistook the fictional show for fact.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/327909#ixzz2TrhOLUhq

Hi!

I've watched UM forums for a year or two now and the stories (factual, experiences and opinions) are amazing! So I think my first post will be about mermaids, I hope that its in the right category, I'm sure there has already been a thread on this but I can't seem to find it.

Hi and welcome to UM.

The thread you're looking for is here -

http://www.unexplain...= mermaids&st=0

• Like 1

Well after seeing the documentary, and being pretty amazed I took it all for granted..... :P I'm pretty one sided on things.... ALWAYS believing the first thing I hear on a subject.

The link you showed freetoroam I took a look at it.....

the show was a "mix of state-of-the-art computer generated animation, historical fact, conspiracy theory and real and faked footage sprinkled with enough bits of scientific speculation and real science to make it seem plausible."

Read more: http://digitaljourna...9#ixzz2Trmg7ECm

How silly of me to take for granted a documentary! It did come with a disclaimer tho at the start so I can't say I wasn't warned!

But I can still say I can believe the theory of evolving underwater etc. It does sound plausible. But the things that really got me, which I WILL be looking up are the bone fragments in the shark and the unknown sound caught underwater, as for the footage, like I said in my first post it was just a tad far fetched!

Edited by DarkMattersSun
  • Like 1

Nowadays there are many shows on documentary channels that aren't actually documentaries. I would recommend staying away from Ancient Aliens. :D

Or any new show on The 'History' Channel.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this documentary isn't really reliable as a source of facts. If anything, I would take it as entertainment with maybe a fact or two to spice it up.

But hey, the ocean is still a great mystery to us. I'm sure there's a creature or two waiting to be discovered by us. And there's many amazing things below the surface that are already discovered.

• Like 1

Can anyone else buy this?

I've never been stuck out at sea for months on end. So I really couldn't tell you if that manatee would start to look sexy or not.

I'd have loved for that "documentary" to feature commentary from someone like Walter Bishop, or Helen Magnus or UNIT Special Scientific Adviser John Smith.

Someone really believable like that.