Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5
Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Who prays for Satan?

179 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I came across an interesting quote just now and it made me think.

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? - Mark Twain

Thoughts? Should Satan be prayed for? Can he be saved? Can he repent? If not, why not?

I'm not Christian nor do I necessarily believe in Satan, just wonder what different viewpoints would be. Open to Christians and non-Christians, of course, I just found it an intriguing food for thought.

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I think Satan is pass being prayed for.

He made his bed let him lay in it.

Edited by Hilander

Who else is going to do God's dirty work?

5 people like this

It is too late for Satan... no ammount of prayer can undo what is in store for him.

Old Mrs Satan.

2 people like this

With all the upsets throughout the centuries, you can`t exactly call Satan lazy at his job. If there is a Satan, I would actually respect the fact that he has managed his position and duties far better than god has managed his.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Don't forget about the Islamic Satan too, what about him?

Hope the Muslims don't come and start arguing over whose Satan is the real one :lol:

One thing I wanted to ask is why God didn't just make Satan good, or just punish him in the first place instead of letting him run amok.

Edited by Mnemonix
2 people like this

Saving Satan is not the point. Charity should be extended towards EVERYONE.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Saving Satan is not the point. Charity should be extended towards EVERYONE.

Including Satan? Or is he excluded?

In Islam, Satan is a Jinn, who was too arrogant to bow down before Adam when Allah commanded him to do so. So Allah will punish him by sending him to hell in the end, but not before allowing him to deceive humans and other Jinn until Judgment Day.

Now that I think about it, if Satan knows he's going to Hell, why doesn't he just repent?

His current goal is to deceive as many souls to join him in Hell.

Instead he should just say sorry to God and get forgiven.

I don't know, doesn't make sense.

Edited by Mnemonix

In Islam, Satan is a Jinn, who was too arrogant to bow down before Adam when Allah commanded him to do so. So Allah will punish him by sending him to hell in the end, but not before allowing him to deceive humans and other Jinn until Judgment Day.

Arrogance is forgivable, especially if something told you to bow to something. Satan's problem is he transformed himself into evil incarnate with nothing left there to save. Pray for evil all day long and it will still be evil at the end of the day.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well this is very related, posted it before, so will just quote.

First, I have always wanted to form a team and assault the hellgates.

Secondly, does it matter if whoever is down there has already defeated either by themselves or by Jesus?

Then there is the fact that hell is already destroyed so what we really want to do is restore it and everyone in it back to their original graceful states.

Finally, if you want to help in this then find someone from the past and pray for them. Who knows, maybe your prayers will be enough for grace to reach them and maybe we also can change the past in this manner.

If God's forgiveness can wipe out past actions then that is changing the past, a form of it, and we also have the power to forgive those who have wrong us, whatever they committed will also be changed by your act.

libstaK summed it up well.

I like your fighting spirit, destroy hell by emptying it and restore someone to the experience of love all in one foul swoop

Even Satan can be prayed for. Most definitely, it would be praying for the defeated Satan, the lost being, the tortured person, and restoring It to its former grace.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Posted (edited)

Arrogance is forgivable, especially if something told you to bow to something. Satan's problem is he transformed himself into evil incarnate with nothing left there to save. Pray for evil all day long and it will still be evil at the end of the day.

God should have just pulled the problem out with its roots, knowing Satan is evil incarnate and going to cause nothing but trouble.

Satan knows God exists, unlike us, and he's had a personal conversation with God, unlike us. What we would do to get some answers from God.

This is an interesting thread, why not pray for Satan? Can God forgive him? Will God accept our prayers for Satan?

Gets me thinking (of more questions, of course).

Edited by Mnemonix

What if Satan is the "god" of the old testament?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What if Satan is the "god" of the old testament?

Sometimes I wonder if God isn't happy with the negative reputation.

I really don't like hurting people's feelings, and your feelings can get hurt if someone says something bad about you.

God hears everything, so he must be getting like a few thousand insults at once.

Sometimes I feel bad for him.

But I doubt it bothers him.

Anyway, we have no proof Satan is the "god" of the old testament.

Edited by Mnemonix

Wouldn`t god mind people praying for his enemy?

We already know Satan is a man of his word, so god would have a run for his money if the people he allegedly created turned to Satan instead. And its not as if god has not had his faults either.

I am so glad i do not believe in either, cos the whole rigmoral of religion would drive me crazy!

2 people like this

I am so glad i do not believe in either, cos the whole rigmoral of religion would drive me crazy!

Consider yourself lucky because it's driving me crazy.

1 person likes this

Consider yourself lucky because it's driving me crazy.

I was getting that impression, lol

Step over this way into the chilled zone. :tu:

I thought it was the angels who were commanded to bow down to Adam?
1 person likes this

On the eight day, God created Satan... just so people couldn't blame everything on God.

On the ninth day, God created Lawyers... just so people couldn't blame everything on Satan.

:w00t:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I thought it was the angels who were commanded to bow down to Adam?

Both angels and Jinn.

The angels and Jinn obeyed, Satan didn't.

Edited by Mnemonix

Posted (edited)

God should have just pulled the problem out with its roots, knowing Satan is evil incarnate and going to cause nothing but trouble.

Satan knows God exists, unlike us, and he's had a personal conversation with God, unlike us. What we would do to get some answers from God.

This is an interesting thread, why not pray for Satan? Can God forgive him? Will God accept our prayers for Satan?

Gets me thinking (of more questions, of course).

I agreed up until the edit. This is like praying for a fish to come up to dry land; if your prayers are answered it will just fry in the sun.

Edited by markprice

I think praying for Satan or for those who need it most is not a bad idea.

A Buddhist monk had one disciple who kept stealing from his other disciples. Finally that disciple came to the monk, admitted his thefts and said, "I'm such a bad person I will be the first in Hell."

The monk said, "No, you will be the second in Hell. I will be there before you."

The disciple said, "How could you, a person without sin, go to Hell?"

The monk replied, "If I'm not in Hell before you, who will be there to teach you right from wrong?"

I think from my experience showing even the worst kindness and love can have some effect. At least it can do no further harm.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I think from my experience showing even the worst kindness and love can have some effect. At least it can do no further harm.

I'm not too sure about that, I think Satan is a lost cause.

Besides, people say Satan likes hiding in dirty things, like litter or your armpit hair.

Edited by Mnemonix

Satan has began to repent.

Satan has began to repent.

Is it possible for me to punch Satan in the face when I see him/it?