Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5
Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Who prays for Satan?

179 posts in this topic

Satan has began to repent.

That wont get him anywhere. He practically dissolves at the sight of God.

How?

And who told you that?

I do not see the worlds disasters slowing or crime figures going down, so what has he "not" done to show that he is repenting?

1 person likes this

Just curious to how you know that 'Irrelevant?'

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

God should have just pulled the problem out with its roots, knowing Satan is evil incarnate and going to cause nothing but trouble.

Satan knows God exists, unlike us, and he's had a personal conversation with God, unlike us. What we would do to get some answers from God.

This is an interesting thread, why not pray for Satan? Can God forgive him? Will God accept our prayers for Satan?

Gets me thinking (of more questions, of course).

Actually to believe God and Satan are against each other is dualism. Dualism and dualist ideas can be traced in the Bible when they first appeared, after the captivity, the Jews learned it from Zoroastrianism aka Persian dualism. http://www.jewishvir...06_0_05429.html

Christians (not all) are big on dualism. There is also a strong sense of evil and a weak one. A Puritan, in his diary, we can see that he did not believe good and evil are opposites but are from God and his day to to day concerns were mundane items, not hellfire or Satan running amok in the village or along the hedges. http://www.alanmacfa.../FILES/evil.htm

Most Jews today believe Satan, the Adversary, is always under God's control, there will be no final showdown as in Revelation, there will be no hell, which itself is at least three different things, the English Bible translates all three (Sheol, Gehenna, Hades) terms as all Hell but each one means a different thing, one just means being under the ground, no fire, nothing.

Dualism and that God is an old man in the sky seem very simplistic, Sunday school versions of Christianity.

How?

And who told you that?

I do not see the worlds disasters slowing or crime figures going down, so what has he "not" done to show that he is repenting?

To believe Satan is behind all of man's woes (disasters/crimes) is another simplistic belief many hold.

Many Jews believe God is behind all disasters. Some medieval Christians believed the Devil was and those in league and compact with Satan who were behind crop failures (weather witches which do not appear at all in the Bible but is an invention of the Middle Ages).

Others believe man is behind his own condition and if there is a Satan that It stands in the corner laughing when we argue because It had nothing whatsoever to do with our quarrels or miseries.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

How?

And who told you that?

Beat me to it Freetoroam ;)

You got heaps of questions. Do you really want to keep pealing away at the layers of the onion because it will mean a lot of tears.. Wisdoms and Knowledge is one thing but without Love there nothing and way to dangerous!

My question is if you acquired the full understanding what would you do with it? Would you keep it to yourself? Would try share just parts of it? How would you stay humble? What if your thoughts and words alone could curse entire nations and see hundreds if not thousands of people die? What if you could walk around and say "see this temple, not one stone will not be overturned", or think, because these people rejected me or members of my family were killed a tsunami will smash this nation, or this army because they desire to kill the ones i love i will drown the whole lot including there horses, would you in part now hate yourself sometimes and feel remorseful that you have that authoritative power to smite entire nations if you wish by near thought? . What if any door you opened could be and any door you locked would be..such power is dangerous yet has been given before and given to ones who made mistakes, such as striking a rock twice, refusing to cut the doves in your offerings because you like doves, focusing on saving a certain people out of love for your own kind when other races and groups were already accepting you..what if the mistakes you make we're so great and caused great suffering yet could only be seen by heaven. Do you know all the angels requested that the earth be completely destroyed after the Fall a new start given because they knew how painful this entire restoration process was going to be.the flood of Noah being a small example of what was necessary, .that everything good sent into the earth even after that flood would stll be destroyed for a very long time, and many of our best Knights were going to suffer incredibly and be killed on that restoration battlefield to pay for these wicked humans even until this day.what if you were one of these? Would you still want to be knowing how alone your life would be? What if you always had a choice to go back after a taste of such a horrible life sacrificing all, giving your heart and everything for people who openly accuse you, despise you..how many would joyfully carry such a cross by your own free will out of Love.

1 person likes this

That wont get him anywhere. He practically dissolves at the sight of God.

I must have missed that part in the Bible.
2 people like this

I must have missed that part in the Bible.

You assume everything is in the bible?

It's just logic found anywhere: darkness dissolves in the light.

What does logic have to do with the Bible?

2 people like this

There's logic in the bible?

Let's not bash people's religious views guys :)

Thanks to all who commented, it was interesting to see what y'all thought.

Let's not bash people's religious views guys :)

Thanks to all who commented, it was interesting to see what y'all thought.

Even if their religious views bash at peoples intelligence?

What does logic have to do with both of you totally misunderstanding my post? Is that an auto-pilot response triggered by key words (bible, logic) just to make me laugh?

I think it would be more constructive to talk over the point rather than simply label the entire Bible illogical.

You got heaps of questions. Do you really want to keep pealing away at the layers of the onion because it will mean a lot of tears.. Wisdoms and Knowledge is one thing but without Love there nothing and way to dangerous!

My question is if you acquired the full understanding what would you do with it? Would you keep it to yourself? Would try share just parts of it? How would you stay humble? What if your thoughts and words alone could curse entire nations and see hundreds if not thousands of people die? What if you could walk around and say "see this temple, not one stone will not be overturned", or think, because these people rejected me or members of my family were killed a tsunami will smash this nation, or this army because they desire to kill the ones i love i will drown the whole lot including there horses, would you in part now hate yourself sometimes and feel remorseful that you have that authoritative power to smite entire nations if you wish by near thought? . What if any door you opened could be and any door you locked would be..such power is dangerous yet has been given before and given to ones who made mistakes, such as striking a rock twice, refusing to cut the doves in your offerings because you like doves, focusing on saving a certain people out of love for your own kind when other races and groups were already accepting you..what if the mistakes you make we're so great and caused great suffering yet could only be seen by heaven. Do you know all the angels requested that the earth be completely destroyed after the Fall a new start given because they knew how painful this entire restoration process was going to be.the flood of Noah being a small example of what was necessary, .that everything good sent into the earth even after that flood would still be destroyed for a very long time, and many of our best Knights were going to suffer incredibly and be killed on that restoration battlefield to pay for these wicked humans even until this day.what if you were one of these? Would you still want to be knowing how alone your life would be? What if you always had a choice to go back after a taste of such a horrible life sacrificing all, giving your heart and everything for people who openly accuse you, despise you..how many would joyfully carry such a cross by your own free will out of Love.

Hi,

But how do you know all this? I honestly wish to know where are you receiving this information? I'm not going to ridicule you and will be respectful but please enlighten me :)

They don't bash at peoples intelligence, if it did, we wouldn't have the word "disagreement".

My question is if you acquired the full understanding what would you do with it? Would you keep it to yourself? Would try share just parts of it? How would you stay humble? What if your thoughts and words alone could curse entire nations and see hundreds if not thousands of people die? What if you could walk around and say "see this temple, not one stone will not be overturned", or think, because these people rejected me or members of my family were killed a tsunami will smash this nation, or this army because they desire to kill the ones i love i will drown the whole lot including there horses, would you in part now hate yourself sometimes and feel remorseful that you have that authoritative power to smite entire nations if you wish by near thought? . What if any door you opened could be and any door you locked would be..such power is dangerous yet has been given before and given to ones who made mistakes, such as striking a rock twice, refusing to cut the doves in your offerings because you like doves, focusing on saving a certain people out of love for your own kind when other races and groups were already accepting you..what if the mistakes you make we're so great and caused great suffering yet could only be seen by heaven. Do you know all the angels requested that the earth be completely destroyed after the Fall a new start given because they knew how painful this entire restoration process was going to be.the flood of Noah being a small example of what was necessary, .that everything good sent into the earth even after that flood would stll be destroyed for a very long time, and many of our best Knights were going to suffer incredibly and be killed on that restoration battlefield to pay for these wicked humans even until this day.what if you were one of these? Would you still want to be knowing how alone your life would be? What if you always had a choice to go back after a taste of such a horrible life sacrificing all, giving your heart and everything for people who openly accuse you, despise you..how many would joyfully carry such a cross by your own free will out of Love.

No one would be willing to pay that price but God himself.

It's just logic found anywhere: darkness [satan] dissolves in the light [God].

Why do you assume that Satan is darkness and God is light?

In the beginning there was darkness and void, then God said "let there be light, and God 'SAW' the light and it was good."

Why do you assume that Satan is darkness and God is light?

In the beginning there was darkness and void, then God said "let there be light, and God 'SAW' the light and it was good."

That's a good question. I was using dark and light as a metaphor for good/divine and evil(darkness and void are not evil). I also mentioned a fish and I don't think Satan is a fish or God is the sun. I do think if Satan saw God again he would melt like wax because his composition is not what it used to be. He is not going to "evolve" back to what he was after choosing its opposite [my opinions do not necessarily reflect the bible].

Posted (edited)

That's a good question. I was using dark and light as a metaphor for good/divine and evil(darkness and void are not evil). I also mentioned a fish and I don't think Satan is a fish or God is the sun. I do think if Satan saw God again he would melt like wax because his composition is not what it used to be. He is not going to "evolve" back to what he was after choosing its opposite [my opinions do not necessarily reflect the bible].

Do you believe God is "A" being that is 'separate' from you?

Can an omnipresent (all-present / everywhere) being be 'separate' from anything?

God is made of pure energy and created all from himself. God gave breathe of life (spirit) to EVERYONE - EVERYONE is a part of God.

Hell is an ILLUSION of separation from God, which is why Adam and Eve being tricked by The Serpent to eat "The Forbidden Fruit of Kowledge of Good and Evil" caused them to be separate from God and kicked out of Eden.

It was their so-called "knowledge of Good and Evil" - their judgments that blocked them from realizing being one with God and in their perfect paradise Eden.

Edited by Arpee

...ones who made mistakes, such as striking a rock twice, refusing to cut the doves in your offerings because you like doves, focusing on saving a certain people out of love for your own kind when other races and groups were already accepting you...

Refusing to cut doves because you like doves is a mistake? no that's more like compassion and makes me think of god not accepting the vegetarian sacrifice which led to the murder of a human. Moses was extremely bloodthirsty as well... Those "certain people" would not even accept God and traded Him for a king just to continue the slaughter, and you say they are his own kind while others know Him far better than that. Excuses, excuses and far worse mistakes.

Do you believe God is "A" being that is 'separate' from you?

Yes and No. I wouldn't limit God either way.

Can an omnipresent (all-present / everywhere) being be 'separate' from anything?

Yes, that's what the void is for. God is Mind that permeates matter and everything else.

Posted (edited)

Yes, that's what the void is for. God is Mind that permeates matter and everything else.

True "nothingnesss" does not exist.

Non-existence does not exist.

The "nothingness" or "void" most refer to is "empty space (no heat, light, matter, etc.)".

But even empty-space is still "something" in it's own right.

Emptinesss is Form, and Form is Emptiness.

Did you know 99% of all atoms is empty space?

God is the everywhere.

Moses was extremely bloodthirsty as well...

When people believe in "right" - they believe "duh! Of COURSE God agrees with me"...

The only problem is someone's "right" (bloodthirsty) is another person's "wrong".

When judgment can be left aside , then the kingdom of heaven is revealed.

Do you remember the name of the fruit that the serpent in the garden tricked Adam and Eve into eating?

It was called "The Forbidden Fruit of KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL".

The so-called "knowledge of good and evil" is the judgments that cluttered their mind and made them forget that they are ONE with God.

Edited by Arpee

True "nothingnesss" does not exist.

Non-existence does not exist.

The "nothingness" or "void" most refer to is "empty space (no heat, light, matter, etc.)".

But even empty-space is still "something" in it's own right.

Emptinesss is Form, and Form is Emptiness.

Did you know 99% of all atoms is empty space?

God is the everywhere.

I don't know about "nothingness" but there is nothing in the void, although something could fall through it and then something would be in it temporarily; the space in which the void was would still be there to become void again. The (religious) theory is that in order for for something to exist God had to draw Himself away to create the space for something/everything/matter. That space is the void, and then you have creation. You can think of it as a gigantic black wall/container surrounding hell in another dimension or anti-matter but either way it is still a factor.

There is a play written (I can't remember its name or how to google it) wherein in our final judgement before god, the devil is our advocate, our defense lawyer. It makes sense in a way. Maybe we shouldn't be too harsh on the devil. we may need him one day.

God and the devil need each other, as well. Without the conflict between good and evil neither one would have much to do. Without the other, I'm sure either one would become bored with the whole thing and go off somewhere and play golf for the rest of eternity or something.