Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could you handle an investigation?

DarkMattersSun

Hi :)

My first question is for people who haven't been on an investigation, or tempted any spirits etc.

Do you think you could visit a haunted place? try to communicate with spirits? spend the night in a haunted place?

I once thought I could, I've been into the paranormal since I was very young and the opportunity finally came to actually 'get out there' It was with a paranormal group to visit Pendle Hill and actually use ghost hunting equipment and experience what I had read about and watched on TV for so many years!! I was so excited.... then it dawned on my.... for some reason the magazines and TV shows I was watching at the time all included a sudden rise of experiences where 'spirits' attached theirselves to people... This scared the absolute crap out of me and I cancelled the trip :( knowing my luck Nutter herself would have come back with me!

And a question for the brave ones who go to investigations... Do you ever worry that something could attach itself to you? or has something ever followed you home? are there any precautions you take?

I once saw on a show that some investigators said a prayer before entering haunted places and walked backwards out of the building, again saying a prayer so that nothing would follow them home.

I would love nothing more than to go on an investigation, stay in a haunted hotel, see spooky shadows, feel cold blasts, communicate with the unknown.... I'd be terrified of an EVP directly talking to me or saying my name but nothing compares to the fear of taking something unwanted home!

I could do it. Welcome to UM

• Like 1

used to love the pendle festival. cold, but loads of interesting people.

it's gone a bit beardy now, but they still have some good ales on sale.

if you can, try watching the summer solstice from pendle hill, there's usually a big crowd, so you won't get scared, and they like nothing more than chewing the fat over all things supernatural!

I couldn't/wouldn't because I believe most if not all of these occurrences are manifestations of demonic activity. I don't want that in my life.

I did a night time flashlight investigation on the USS Hornet (Grey Ghost) during a paranormal conference. I was more excited than afraid, and even though we were split into small groups to do our hunting, there were more than 100 people in all playing Scooby Doo around the ship, so that pack mentality calmed some fear I think. One of my coworkers told me to pray for protection and imagine a white light purifying me, and I couldn't help but chuckle a little at the thought, but I will not deny that I might have spent a second or two the night before worrying if there might be something to what she said.

But I wasn't afraid of anything following me home because I'm not sure that that can even happen. I don't think my level of belief is high enough to be worried about any consequences of visiting haunted places. My level is only at the excited, filled with wonder, what if stage. Which I feel is a great mentality to be at when visiting these places. Too far in either direction from that fence position can be a bad time.

But I did get some nice little 'EVP's for my visit there. I only like to share them at every possible opportunity, so here you go!

Boo!

• Like 2

My level is only at the excited, filled with wonder, what if stage. Which I feel is a great mentality to be at when visiting these places. Too far in either direction from that fence position can be a bad time.

This is how I feel about it as well. You don't want to be terrified and ruin the experience or be completely close-minded, otherwise there'd be no point in going. When I dig into the paranormal I do it out of thrill and curiosity not out of fear or necessity for truth.

To answer the thread's question, while I've never been on an investigation I've been to places that are supposedly haunted. Yes I can handle it and no I don't worry about anything following me home.

I would imagine if an investigator could get an entity from a site to attach and follow them home, this would be perfect for future observation and research, once you discover you brought one home, maybe share it with a science department at a local college and do some controled testing?

• Like 2

I've been to many investigations and some freaky places. I never really been scared because honesty I think most these places arn't even haunted it's just legends and overactive imaginations. And really it's nothing like what you see on TV. That stuff is overdramatic and sometimes fake. It's all about ratings. What it's really like is very quiet and lots of searching and just sitting around. Not to mention searching for patterns you might find in things like pictures, meters, video, and just formulating ideas. If your running around screaming and chasing things that arn't there like on TV then you need to stop and stay at home and just watch the idiots on TV.

Edited by Godofcats
  • Like 1

Well it's never happened in the history of humankind so I think your odds are pretty good.

Well it's never happened in the history of humankind so I think your odds are pretty good.

Hee hee hee

the_more_you_know2.jpg

• Like 1