Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Stone Age zombie apocalypse ?

keithisco

"According to Juan José Ibañez of the Spanish National Research Council in Barcelona, the finding could suggest that these Stone Age "skull-smashers" believed the living were under some kind of threat from the dead. Perhaps they believed that the only way of protecting themselves was to smash in the corpses' faces, detach their heads and rebury them apart from their bodies."

Read More (Courtesy of MNN): http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/stone-age-people-may-have-battled-against-a-zombie-apocalypse

• Like 1

Or...just maybe they were angry at their enemies and beat them to a pulp? Or...just maybe this was done as some ritual to keep the ghosts of their enemies from returning?

• Like 2

Or... maybe they were eating the wrong kinda mushrooms.

• Like 6

Or... maybe they were eating the wrong kinda mushrooms.

Although I laughed and interpreted that as a joke. It could very well be a possible reality.

I have heard stories of people using the wrong plants for even spiritual purposes in regards to drug consumption. In one case a guy chased a family around a picnic table with a knife and another found himself smashing holes in all the walls in a room to hide an illegal marijuana plant.

I'd also consider the fact they probably ran into problems where they thought they killed an enemy but in fact only knocked him out and then decided to take precautionary measures.

• Like 1

I'd also consider the fact they probably ran into problems where they thought they killed an enemy but in fact only knocked him out and then decided to take precautionary measures.

Indeed, being beaten to a pulp would certainly rid one of an enemy.

Edited by Lilly
oops!
  • Like 3

Real Life Zombie Apocalypse?

How It Could Happen

By TCC Team Member Dorraine Fisher

If you’re thinking the zombie apocalypse is simply the stuff of fiction horror movies and doesn’t need to be taken seriously, think again. The United States government Center For Disease Control has a web page dedicated to telling citizens how to survive it, and more interesting yet, history suggests it’s happened before. (Link: CDC Zombies Info )

Archaeologists in Europe and the Middle East have recently unearthed evidence of a stone age culture of humans in which violently smashing the skulls of corpses was an accepted practice. And possibly considered a necessary one for some reason. A reason that isn’t yet clear, but it’s believed they felt they had some cause to believe the dead posed some kind of threat to the living. For some reason, they believed it was necessary to smash the skulls of the corpses, separate them from the body, and bury them somewhere else apart from the body. And based on other scientific studies of similar practices in ancient cultures, this was often to stop the dead from becoming some kind of danger.

Curiously the skulls were the skulls of males 18-30 of which the bodies had already begun to decompose. They had been smashed in a rather unceremonious fashion, like with a rock or something similar, and unglamorously removed from the spines. It was said that no trace of any "delicate cutting" was found on the bodies. This wasn’t neatly done. It’s almost like they were indifferent to these dead individuals. But the question is why.

Courtesy of http://www.thecryptocrew.com/2013/05/real-life-zombie-apocalypse.html

This was posted in Ancient Mysteries & Alternative History...

unexplained-mysteries topic 248318

Without the weird highlighting... :tu:

Edited by Pax Unum
  • Like 2

LOL thanks!. Yeah I'm not sure why it highlighted like that. Probably because I just copied/pasted directly from the site?

• Like 1

They did stuff to bodies of suspect vampires . Beheading ,removing the jaw etc.

This is nothing new ,and I doubt there was an ancient night of the living dead episode .

Or...just maybe they were angry at their enemies and beat them to a pulp? Or...just maybe this was done as some ritual to keep the ghosts of their enemies from returning?

N-O-O-O-O!! zombie apocalypse is funnier!

ALWAYS go with the funny lilly, always!

:-)

It's also an insult to smash someone's face, cut off their head and bury it separately from the body. It's also a message. They had the notion to bury them. Surely the cavemen knew what they were doing. I once seen footage of a male lion outcasted from the pride eating another lions cub and seems to make sounds and facial expressions that convey a big fu.

They did stuff to bodies of suspect vampires . Beheading ,removing the jaw etc.

This is nothing new ,and I doubt there was an ancient night of the living dead episode .

There was a find here in Ireland some time ago of 8th century remains with rocks wedged into the mouth. It was believed this prevented revenants from returning to life to prevent to wreak revenge on those who had wronged them.

There was a find here in Ireland some time ago of 8th century remains with rocks wedged into the mouth. It was believed this prevented revenants from returning to life to prevent to wreak revenge on those who had wronged them.

I read about those ,and the article I read said they did it because they believed they were vampires .ToMAto ,ToMATo

It is more a terror tactic than living dead scenario. A bit like when Vlad impaled his own people and left them in masses to terrify the invading Turks etc.

It could also be to stop identification so they couldn't have a proper burial.