Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion Of Peace?

Ealdwita

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329089/Woolwich-attack-Two-men-hack-soldier-wearing-Help-Heroes-T-shirt-death-machetes-suspected-terror-attack.html

I wonder how long it will be before some 'useful idiot' claims the victim's "Help For Heroes" T-shirt logo was racist, inflammatory and offended minority groups?

• Like 4

Just seen this on the news. I think I stated on another thread that to me London was now a foreign country, judging by this, somewhere in darkest Africa I think.

• Like 5

Hey get 'Leave Britney alone!' on here, i'm sure he'll have a go at justifying this.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

Islam is a religion of peace - these morons who go around killing people and claiming they're doing it for Allah are ******* mental, pure and simple.

I don't think this should be pinned on religion, it should be pinned on idiocy and ignorance.

• Like 4

Islam is a religion of peace - these morons who go around killing people and claiming they're doing it for Allah are ******* mental, pure and simple.

I don't think this should be pinned on religion, it should be pinned on idiocy and ignorance.

Well if idiots will follow a religion that demand 'death to the infadels & non believers' then this is the obvious outcome.

• Like 1

the BBC are reporting this as a terrorist attack. - i see the BBC described the attackers as Muslims. but have since apologised the BBC's reporter Nick Robinson tweets: "To those offended by my describing the attacker' its safe to say if the murderer is shouting what was quoted 'We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you' i think the description is spot on and no lily livered apology is needed from the BBC.

• Like 5

This from the BBC website :-

"London Ambulance Service confirmed one man had been found dead at the scene.

It said two men had been taken to hospital - one by air ambulance - and one of them was a serious condition."

I would have taken them by horse & cart on a cobbled road.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

Just terrible, poor soldier may he RIP. This is really worrying.. hope this isn't the start of something really bad, aka terrorism actually on our streets .

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 1

'I'm still really shaken up. When he was dead, they dragged him out into the road and left him there.

'It was strange, they didn't run off, they just stood there as if they were waiting for the police.

'It must've taken about 20 minutes for the police to arrive, I think it must've been because they were waiting for armed police.

'The police officers got out of the car and the two black men ran towards them with the gun.

'The police shot them. They fell to the ground. Then a helicopter landed. Think it must've been an air ambulance.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2U318PCyR

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It doesn't look like a random attack to me and there's some ritualistic element that I find strange plus they didn't attack anyone else .....

RIP to the dead ...

~edit : font size adjustment

Edited by third_eye

i wonder if this was a planned attack similar to the foiled attack in 2007, remember operation gamble by the Police and Mi5 were British born terrorists here in the UK were planning on kidnapping and killing a British Solider. i guess more will be known in the coming hours.

• Like 1

From the article; "It must have taken about 20 minutes for the police to arrive, I think it must've been because they were waiting for armed police."

Are British bobbies still out patrolling with nothing but nightsticks? In the 21st century? Really?

Yeah I know it's custom, tradition, etc., but ... c'mon. Quaint and cute is no way to respond to todays criminals.

BBC World News is still describing this as an Islamic Terrorist Attack. No apologies from the BBC World Service, and why should there be?

It appears the victim was run down first with a car then the cowardly islamic thugs attempted to be - head the man alive... shocking, just shocking!! :cry:

The Islamic thugs (dont ask me to apologise or recant) were both shot and immobilised by an Armed Response Unit and have been taken to Hospital... keep them alive for information then drop them inside the RA Barracks to have "Allah's" judgment meeted out to them in a like fashion... this is after all the Way of Radical Islam, is it not?

• Like 3

From the article; "It must have taken about 20 minutes for the police to arrive, I think it must've been because they were waiting for armed police."

Are British bobbies still out patrolling with nothing but nightsticks? In the 21st century? Really?

Yeah I know it's custom, tradition, etc., but ... c'mon. Quaint and cute is no way to respond to todays criminals.

one witness said 10 minutes others say earlier or later

These statements are wearing a bit thin now. They get trotted out after every atrocity. How many incidents is going to take to convince some people?

• Like 6

These statements are wearing a bit thin now. They get trotted out after every atrocity. How many incidents is going to take to convince some people?

Some will NEVER admit being wrong - at least not until it is they or their family who is harmed. And that statement isn't aimed at anyone in particular - rather at the lot who continue to justify this madness. These two men waited..once wounded they should have been summarily executed by beheading. Sound harsh? Eyewitness and they came running with guns? Butchering a human being like an animal is the quintessential hate crime. It is a sign of utmost disrespect for the humanity of the victim. Share and alike I say. And before some saint here accosts me for my lack of Christian kindness and forbearance I say to them - I admit I'm still a man in need of a Savior!
  • Like 4

How peaceful should you be when other countries are invading and occupying Muslim nations and slaughtering your fellow Muslims?

• Like 1

IIRC "Armed Police" are what Americans would call "SWAT" while the average copper on the beat does carry a sidearm.

IIRC "Armed Police" are what Americans would call "SWAT" while the average copper on the beat does carry a sidearm.

I assume you mean the average American copper carries a sidearm, because ours do not.

All I can say is I hope they were shot dead.

I don't wish death on people often but I can't think of anything else they deserve more.

Soldiers do not have political motives, they carry out orders. No justification in killing one off duty who may never have served in any conflict.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 4

I wonder how long it will be before some 'useful idiot' claims the victim's "Help For Heroes" T-shirt logo was racist, inflammatory and offended minority groups?

Wearing thin among the intolerant perhaps.

==================================

On another note and just generally speaking, the more educated one is the less tribal one will be and "us vs them" mindsets will dissipate.

a clear relationship between educational level and tolerance for diversity has consistently been noted by previous researchers
[link]

There is a definite need for more education among both xenophobic nativists and religious extremists.

If some are going to be intolerant towards all of Islam, then it is a backward thought with no place in a postmodern world.

If some just want to be sensationalist or scaremongering, it might work on some, but definitely not all.

In either case, extremism as seen in this killing, and extremism displayed by Islamophobia are counterparts and have more to do with each other than with the rest of the sensible world who rightfully reject both.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 2

How peaceful should you be when other countries are invading and occupying Muslim nations and slaughtering your fellow Muslims?

Well, that didn't take long did it?

• Like 5

If someone were attacking the home of my ancestors I would not hate or start killing the people who have nothing to do with it. That makes no sense at all. If a woman is abused my one man does it mean she should hate all men?

• Like 4

75574_561292100561608_1090234517_n.jpg

we need an honest Abe around here right about now ....