Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion Of Peace?

Ealdwita

Soldiers do not have political motives, they carry out orders.

The same as gangland hitmen then, right?

IMO... Religion itself is a "backward thought" with absolutely no "place in a Post - modern world". If Religion cannot Police and marginalise its own radical adherents then it has no place in any society. When radical Preachers go unpunished by its own, then that religion, in toto, should be proscribed for failing to meet its social responsibilities.

Extreme Religious memes should be treated in exactly the same way as Extreme Nationalist memes

• Like 4

On another note and just generally speaking, the more educated one is the less tribal one will be and "us vs them" mindsets will dissipate.

This is the truth.

That makes no sense at all. If a woman is abused my one man does it mean she should hate all men?

Well surely she would hate a man who was a member of the national coalition of armed women beaters.

How peaceful should you be when other countries are invading and occupying Muslim nations and slaughtering your fellow Muslims?

So can we assume from this statement that you empathize with the guy that did this, or do you condemn it?

• Like 2

So can we assume from this statement that you empathize with the guy that did this, or do you condemn it?

I have no dog it the fight. I'm just watching from the sidelines.

Sources are already coming through that the guy on camera has a long police history and convictions for gang violence.

Freedom fighter for Islam or just a common thug?

Edited by skookum

Well surely she would hate a man who was a member of the national coalition of armed women beaters.

And all all of the men who don't belong to it? She's going to punish as many as she can.

I have no dog it the fight. I'm just watching from the sidelines.

No don't chicken out on this one. do you comdemn this or condone it?

• Like 3

382225_555614334462718_1479012876_n.jpg

RIP Gene ....

• Like 1

The same as gangland hitmen then, right?

There seems to be at least one grave error in your thinking:

Armed Forces exist by Constitutional Instruments with Parliamentary backing and therefore by extension, with the support and Will of the People. They are all, ultimately responsible for their actions to the Crown, which, as the UK is a Constitutional Monarchy, is responsible to Parliament. Gangland "Hitmen" are responsible to no-one and therefore act outside of the Law

Hopefully that is not too difficult for you to assimilate

• Like 2

No don't chicken out on this one. do you comdemn this or condone it?

Chicken out? Don't make me laugh. Like I said I have no dog in the fight, it's just the same as the bloods vs the crips to me.

And all all of the men who don't belong to it? She's going to punish as many as she can.

Well as far as we know he was a soldier, so he was part of it.

There seems to be at least one grave error in your thinking:

Armed Forces exist by Constitutional Instruments with Parliamentary backing and therefore by extension, with the support and Will of the People. They are all, ultimately responsible for their actions to the Crown, which, as the UK is a Constitutional Monarchy, is responsible to Parliament. Gangland "Hitmen" are responsible to no-one and therefore act outside of the Law

Hopefully that is not too difficult for you to

assimilate

So you think killing is ok as long as the queen agrees? OK.

All I can say is I hope they were shot dead.

I don't wish death on people often but I can't think of anything else they deserve more.

Soldiers do not have political motives, they carry out orders. No justification in killing one off duty who may never have served in any conflict.

Generally speaking you are right that soldiers do not, or at least should not, have political motives. Although a marginalized group of them certainly do.

In line with previous studies, the respondents to the survey were largely men who had not been to university, were generally dissatisfied with their lives and were mostly concerned about immigration, the economy and a perceived threat from Muslims and Islam. Twenty per cent of BNP supporters and 25% of UKIP supporters who responded said they had served in the armed forces.

Far right hardcore 'willing to prepare for armed conflict: Study finds 40% of BNP supporters believe armed conflict between ethnic, racial or religious groups could be justifiable

Neither terrorism nor riots are the exclusive domain of young men, but they tend to be dominant in such movements, planned or spontaneous: all that energy and testosterone and insufficient constructive outlets – the foot soldiers are likely to be neets without training, college or a job – into which to channel it.

*snip*

According to Matthew Taylor's Guardian account, most of those 21,152 people (a respectably large sample) surveyed by YouGov for From Voting to Violence: Rightwing Extremism in Modern Britain (pdf) – the report launched at the Chatham House thinktank last night – are men without a good education. They are dissatisfied with their lives and concerned about what they see as the problem – immigration, lack of jobs, certainly decent jobs and in particular about perceived threats from Muslims and Islam.That fits with other research which suggests that people who most identify with Englishness – and feel the English are the one very large group in British society that no one listens to – are those most dissatisfied with their lives. Or vice versa. I've underestimated this feeling in the past because it puzzles me but am coming to accept that it's very real for many.

*snip*

When you think of young men coming home from service in Afghanistan, troubled by their collective sacrifice, back to an uncertain economic future, a fast-changing society and other worries, it's wise to assume that not all will be sustained by loving families and warm communities. A few, trained in violence to serve the state, may look to other outlets. Unless we do more to address unemployment issues, we will be storing up trouble for the future.

Dealing with concerns of young men after life in the military

If we truly want this to end, and some of us do, who do not want to perpetuate the cycle of hate a few thrive in, then we need to focus on education and jobs.

Both of those will deny the oxygen of which intolerance thrives.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Well as far as we know he was a soldier, so he was part of it.

You mean this ONE in the attacks that continue to happen?

Chicken out? Don't make me laugh. Like I said I have no dog in the fight, it's just the same as the bloods vs the crips to me.

So you condemn both equally then.

So you think killing is ok as long as the queen agrees? OK.

Are you being intentionally obtuse, simplistic, and disingenuous? Are you now trying to tell me what I think?

Trying to educate you away from your "Gangland Hitmen are the same as Soldiers" belief was the intent of my post. Going down the path you state leads to violent anarchy which you appear to justify, it seems, because a legally constituted Militia also exists. :w00t::blink:

Edited to add appropriate Smiley

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 3

Are you being intentionally obtuse, simplistic, and disingenuous? Are you now trying to tell me what I think?

Trying to educate you away from your "Gangland Hitmen are the same as Soldiers" belief was the intent of my post. Going down the path you state leads to violent anarchy which you appear to justify, it seems, because a legally constituted

Militia also exists.

What do you think I'm trying to tell you?

Interesting that you say hitmen work outside the law. Many have argued the invasion of Iraq was illegal. So............

309817_539635896060562_871082803_n.jpg

let calmer heads prevail ... its early days yet ... let's at least know the full story before we start cracking the whip ...

Generally speaking you are right that soldiers do not, or at least should not, have political motives. Although a marginalized group of them certainly do.

No disrespect but I really have a problem with that statement. Every person or soldier will have their own personal views. But if there is an marginalized group can you please enlighten us to what or who they are.

I know from previous employment I can not go into if there was any 'group' of military personnel that had political motives their feet would not of hit the ground on their way out of the military. Personal views you cannot control, but group I have a big problem with. Professional soldiers respect each other and I am not suggesting they do not exchange views, airing them and putting their colleagues possibly in danger is about as serious as espionage.

We have a professional army, not conscripts forced to serve.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 3

http://www.dailymail...ror-attack.html

I wonder how long it will be before some 'useful idiot' claims the victim's "Help For Heroes" T-shirt logo was racist, inflammatory and offended minority groups?

I don't wear T-shirts with logo's. I wear my wristbands, poppy's and thats about it..

I have bumped heads with so many people at my Gym when I wear my poppy.. Apparently my poppy offends them, well that’s what they tell me. I try to talk to them but it never works.

I was also banned from Linkdin, my whole profile removed for my profile picture. It offended someone and they requested I replaced it with something that represented my or people would recognise me by? I told them that anyone that wants to find me or knows me would know that was my profile, but the insisted that I needed an image or profile picture that was me.

I gave then 767 random Linkdin profiles all of which had a company logo, charity image, or just some random image they used as their avatar…. But they removed me and my online profile without a response.

Here is the image I used: post-12734-0-49506200-1369256520_thumb.j

• Like 4