Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion Of Peace?

Ealdwita

I don't wear T-shirts with logo's. I wear my wristbands, poppy's and thats about it..

I have bumped heads with so many people at my Gym when I wear my poppy.. Apparently my poppy offends them, well that’s what they tell me. I try to talk to them but it never works.

I was also banned from Linkdin, my whole profile removed for my profile picture. It offended someone and they requested I replaced it with something that represented my or people would recognise me by? I told them that anyone that wants to find me or knows me would know that was my profile, but the insisted that I needed an image or profile picture that was me.

I gave then 767 random Linkdin profiles all of which had a company logo, charity image, or just some random image they used as their avatar…. But they removed me and my online profile without a response.

Here is the image I used: post-12734-0-49506200-1369256520_thumb.j

Thats disgraceful.

• Like 1

I dont think its the poppy I think its the attitude of British people not caring about the Armed forces in Afghanistan

I dont think its the poppy I think its the attitude of British people not caring about the Armed forces in Afghanistan

I have to disagree with that richard.

I think the people of britain have a great deal of respect for our armed forces no matter where they're serving. soldiers don't start wars, politicians and religious leaders do, soldiers just do the fighting. they have a job to do and understand that. they fight for our benefit, not for their own, and the public are grateful for that.

personally, i'm anti-war, but I make ammunition crates for the MoD for a living. some would call that hypocritical, but I do my job knowing it could mean the difference between some soldier who's having his ass bombed back to the stone-age making it off the battlefield alive, or coming home in a box and leaving behind a widow & orphans.

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 4

How peaceful should you be when other countries are invading and occupying Muslim nations and slaughtering your fellow Muslims?

So in your opinion there is no legitimate reason for anyone to be making war in a Muslim country these days? That about sum up your view of the clash going on just now?
  • Like 1

How peaceful should you be when other countries are invading and occupying Muslim nations and slaughtering your fellow Muslims?

The same as gangland hitmen then, right?

Well as far as we know he was a soldier, so he was part of it.

What do you think I'm trying to tell you?

Interesting that you say hitmen work outside the law. Many have argued the invasion of Iraq was illegal. So............

I have no dog it the fight. I'm just watching from the sidelines.

some of us would beg to differ.

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

About 1,000 years ago my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-Anglo-Saxon grandparents were kept in thrall for 17 years by Normans; I hated that, but finally got over it--and never thought about beheading anyone about it. Ever.

• Like 2

625469_542459085778243_2047347727_n.jpg

nope ...

• Like 2

About 1,000 years ago my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-Anglo-Saxon grandparents were kept in thrall for 17 years by Normans; I hated that, but finally got over it--and never thought about beheading anyone about it. Ever.

One up on that, my grandparents lost everything to the communists in Romania and my grandfather sent to russia for three years to "work" in a mine. I hated that too - but you don't see me going and beheading anyone. The past is the past - it is dead and done. people need to learn to move on!!!

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 1

Well if idiots will follow a religion that demand 'death to the infadels & non believers' then this is the obvious outcome.

What I meant was the massive majority of Muslims do not go around killing people. These guys were brain washed *******s, there are genuine Muslims wringing their hands in worry all over the country because people will be blaming Islam for this attack.

Let's not forget the Bible is full of quotes telling people to kill other people, Christians tend not to go around doing it in the name of God, and if they did, they'd be labelled as nutters first, and religious zealots second.

• Like 3

So in your opinion there is no legitimate reason for anyone to be making war in a Muslim country these days? That about sum up your view of the clash going on just now?

Pretty much.

In your opinion is there no legitimate reason for anyone to be making war in a Britain or America these days? That about sum up your opinion?

I don't wear T-shirts with logo's. I wear my wristbands, poppy's and thats about it..

I have bumped heads with so many people at my Gym when I wear my poppy.. Apparently my poppy offends them, well that’s what they tell me. I try to talk to them but it never works.

I was also banned from Linkdin, my whole profile removed for my profile picture. It offended someone and they requested I replaced it with something that represented my or people would recognise me by? I told them that anyone that wants to find me or knows me would know that was my profile, but the insisted that I needed an image or profile picture that was me.

I gave then 767 random Linkdin profiles all of which had a company logo, charity image, or just some random image they used as their avatar…. But they removed me and my online profile without a response.

that is a complete joke....who runs linkedin??

i'm pulling my profile off there in protest....

Edited by dekker87
  • Like 3

that is a complete joke....who runs linkedin??

i'm pulling my profile off there in protest....

I've pulled mine this morning ... :tu:

more of my friends are doing so too ... they don't link nothing but pin heads in suits to make the profits by making elitist buddy chains

• Like 5

The revolution has started, albeit with Linkdin but it has arrived.

• Like 3

The revolution has started, albeit with Linkdin but it has arrived.

well, i've no idea what linkdin is, but godsdammit, i'm gonna open an account and then tell 'em what they can do with it!

(coz i'm a bit of a pillock like that....)

:-)

• Like 3

Interesting. Not long ago I posted the linkedin account of a Canadian Jihadi who was arrested for plotting acts of terrorism in Canada. "The first thing that stands out on Chiheb Esseghaier's LinkedIn page is the black-and-white insignia with Arabic writing - al-Qaida in Iraq's flag."

The account is now closed, but that's only because he's sitting in jail awaiting trial.

But poppies are not ok?

This my friends is political correctness (aka Cultural Marxism) which I keep harping on, which will doom the West.

And as for the religion of peace question the OP posed, I can use an analogy. To say "we should be concerned about Muslims, but Islam is ok", is like saying "we should be concerned about Marxists, but Karl Marx was ok".

Where do you it comes from? Hello?

Edited by redhen

What I meant was the massive majority of Muslims do not go around killing people. These guys were brain washed *******s, there are genuine Muslims wringing their hands in worry all over the country because people will be blaming Islam for this attack.

Let's not forget the Bible is full of quotes telling people to kill other people, Christians tend not to go around doing it in the name of God, and if they did, they'd be labelled as nutters first, and religious zealots second.

It's pathetic that we have allowed the religious extremists' of all stripes to poison our world with their mandate for death and hate in the name of GOD. Be it Islamic, Zionist, Christian, etc., the dangerous ideas that these extremists promote wreck havoc for all of human society.

I came to the conclusion long ago … that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and whilst I hold by my own, I should hold others as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we are Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu … But our innermost prayer should be a Hindu should be a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, a Christian a better Christian.

-Ghandi

• Like 5

No religion is a religion of peace until it acts like it. I don't doubt that the majority of Muslims are decent people, because I believe the majority of people in general are decent. But this has to stop. You can go on about who attacked who first all you want, it's irrelevant. Who is going to make the difficult choice to break the cycle?

It's harder to be tolerant than it is to be intolerant. I know tolerance gets a bad rap, but when I say we need more I'm referring to both sides. But nobody should be asked to tolerate violent A-holes.

• Like 2

This troglodyte mentality of beheading in the name of Islam comes from videos posted in the past, showing the likes of extremist organisations such as Al Queda etc., adopting this barbaric "ritual" to horrify and sensationalise western populations into believing Islamists will go to extremes to resist the usurpation and invasion of Arab land by the west.

This is their belief and the situation in the middle east over the years has reinforced this mentality in extreme elements of Islamic society, whether they grew up in Muslim countries or in Muslim "ghettos" in London. I blame the politicians and Western Govts for tragedies such as this and the ones occurring on a daily basis in the Middle East.

I also blame the likes of a radical criminal elements such as Anjem Choudary, who radicalises locally born Muslims into believing they are fighting a jihad. All this does is lead to tragedies such as Woolwich and reinforce anti-Islamic sentiments in Britain and the western world which are on the increase and will only result in more persecution and hatred towards normal law abiding Muslims. Whilst the likes of Choudary may think the final effort is worth martyrdom, they may think otherwise when extreme anti Muslim groups become more numerous and powerful and they see their kids and families suffering before they even have the opportunity to become martyrs. After all, it wasn't long ago when another fanatical group in Europe conducted genocide against another population of middle easterners.

The two savages in the Woolwich attack are going to pay because they were stupid enough to listen to and believe in the Sermons of hate by these extremist leaders who shouldn't even be given the opportunity by locals to utter their nonsense in a public forum.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 3

Islam is a religion of peace - these morons who go around killing people and claiming they're doing it for Allah are ******* mental, pure and simple.

I don't think this should be pinned on religion, it should be pinned on idiocy and ignorance.

If as you say Islam is a religeon of peace,which is probably true to most Muslims, why dont they get off their asses and disown these sub-humans,not a word said from the local Mullah,but you can bet your socks that there will be reprisals from the local anti muslim brigade,and it wont just be flag waving,and shouting we're Brits.
  • Like 2

If as you say Islam is a religeon of peace,which is probably true to most Muslims, why dont they get off their asses and disown these sub-humans,not a word said from the local Mullah,but you can bet your socks that there will be reprisals from the local anti muslim brigade,and it wont just be flag waving,and shouting we're Brits.

I totally agree with you. To be fair the British Muslim Council were among the first to denounce these guys for what they were, but I think they should be doing more. It is, after all, in their best interests in the long run. Every one knows where the extremists Mosques are, and who the hate preachers are, it's about time the Mullahs started disowning them and banning them from the Mosques.

Further more, I'd go so far to say that anyone in Britain who waves banners suggesting beheading, killing Biritsh troops, or initiating Shriah law whould be arrested instantly. If they are born in Britain, stick them in prison for treason and thrown the key away, if they are foreign send them back to the land they came from, regerdless of the ******* human rights act, and let them preach their hatred for Britain in another country.

And while I'm on a rant I'd also get the Mullahs to point out to the radicals that Muslims have been killing each other for hundreds of years, and are by far and away the biggest threat to other Muslims.

• Like 3

Can someone tell us one good thing that's been done today, globally, in the name of the Prophet?

Dig deep. Keep digging.....

• Like 2

Islam is a religion of peace - these morons who go around killing people and claiming they're doing it for Allah are ******* mental, pure and simple.

I don't think this should be pinned on religion, it should be pinned on idiocy and ignorance.

But another side of islam is not the religion of peace. A side which has been around for a few hundred years and has been ignored as just terrorists or 'assassins', now the radical imans who fled their own countries because the muslims there would have killed them, have set up home in England, and other countries, and they are in the mosques indoctrinating people like this stupid African who would not survive a week in Afghanistan or Iraq.

The mosques need to be looked at a lot more closely. They can not be used as a secret radical breeding ground any more!

Personally I also blame the people who have given these radical preachers refuge here, and now they can not even get rid of them. If someone cannot go back to their own country because they will be killed, then surely thats a sign as to the kind of lunatic we have here and what do they do? they gather more recruits!

• Like 3