Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where Do Thoughts Occur?

Still Waters

We think big. We think out loud. We think outside the box. We think on our feet. But what we don’t do is think entirely inside our heads. Thoughts aren’t confined to our brains — they course through a network that expands to our bodies, perhaps eliminating, at times, the need for complex thought.

http://discovermagaz...ur#.UZ0ZrNhCodU

Where do thoughts occur?

Usually when you're in bed.

On the kazhi usually.

I've heard that the stomach is sometimes called the second brain (I think due to Gray brain matter around it), I think we imagine most of our thoughts are in our head as its were our two strongest senses dwell, hearing and sight. I've heard that the heart also has brain matter round it as well. I still think most of our thinking is done in the brain, just not all of it

According to one article I've read:

The Heart can also think. It has an electro-magnetic field 10x greater than the one of the brain. The heart has neurons like the brain and when two neurons communicate it causes something called a "Neural synapse", this is when thought happens.

It looks like a spider web with dots. The dots being the neurons itself and the strings being where the electromagnetic energy flows.

081208180228-large.jpg

• Like 2

Where do thoughts occur?

IMO, wherever our attention is lead or directed.

Not much of an article. They did explain why they are thinking along those lines. I think to understand how the brain thinks you need to understand what it does when parts of it go wrong. I know many people who have cognitive issues from damage from Multiple Sclerosis. A lot depends on what part is effected as to what kind of thinking impairment occurs. My thinking is still pretty good but it is slower than it was. I have had personality changes. My brain and spine has electrical shorts from the covering on my neurons being damaged. Sometimes the wires kind of get crossed. I know a guy who was a computer programmer who can barely use phone now, much less write a program. You use sensory input to make sense of your surroundings, but your brain is what does the thinking.