Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rule Britannia for global crimes

Big Bad Voodoo

But UK and commonwealth is succesor of BE, therefore , show me the money! :tu:

That'll be British tax payers money....so no, no one gets compensated.

That'll be British tax payers money....so no, no one gets compensated.

So??? Why not? You enjoy and built your country on other people treasures. Time to pay.

Could Germans say this: Look we are complete two new states. It would be German tax payers money. So no.

Edited by the L

America, Canada and Australia, to name a few, have been pretty darn successful nations. If we're made to pay for the bad things the British empire did, we may as well be paid handsomely for the good things the British empire has contributed to. Now tell me..why is your thread not about European colonial powers and just focused on Britain?

PS: perhaps we should tax people who speak English outside of Britain. Damn, those Brits were evil and the world would be a better place without 'em!

America, please...

UK can freely ask money from Canda and Australia.

But America. ...

Because we started as article raised question.

So one thing follow to another.

Im aslo learn a lot about Birtish history so know theme.

Also Im for that Belgium, France, Japan...show the money too. Especially Belgium because what they did in Africa no one did.

Also British should pay crimes against humanity. Which are forcing others countries to buy drugs and conc.camps.

I leave slavery from compesation.

Edited by the L

Not true. Even this post is left over of imperialistic thinking.

And should I say racial thinikng as well.

British treated natives as they were not humans.

How can you say it isn't true? It's not a matter of opinion it's a fact.

Roman state doesnt exist anymore. Neither Saxon. But British state exist. Also you are Saxons. So you cant sue yourselves.

Saxons are Germans, Celts are British. The Celts can sue the Germans for making the rest of us Anglo Saxons...

And If Rome doesn't exist any more and doesn't have to pay, then neither do way by that logic. The British Empire hasn't existed since we sacrificed it saving the world from the Nazis.

How can you say it isn't true? It's not a matter of opinion it's a fact.

Saxons are Germans, Celts are British. The Celts can sue the Germans for making the rest of us Anglo Saxons...

And If Rome doesn't exist any more and doesn't have to pay, then neither do way by that logic. The British Empire hasn't existed since we sacrificed it saving the world from the Nazis.

Its true because you learnt alternative history not history. If you ever learn it. But I would be glad that conversation goes into that direction because this is pointless.

Im sure I can proove that my story is fact and your fairy tale.

Lol. BE sacrifce saving world from Nazi is reason because BE doesnt exist anymorr? Thats new.

So??? Why not? You enjoy and built your country on other people treasures. Time to pay.

Could Germans say this: Look we are complete two new states. It would be German tax payers mones. So no.

Nah, tough, they'll have to get over it, cause they're not getting a penny...

But if we're talking about debt owed because nations were built on other people's treasures...then we'll pay when every other nation on earth that has ever used the steam engine pays what it is due! We'll also take our share of all the coal mined from deep under the earth which wouldn't have been possible without our inventions...

So if we are due to pay...you'll have to wait until we've invoiced most nations on earth for what we are owed first.

• Like 1

Do you want to argue that Britain didn't found America? Coulda been the French, Spanish...

We want compensation for the men who died setting up North American colonies.

HIAP,

Did you aware that United states were also states before?

British have had colonies on east coast. also there was a war between you and USA.

Im thinking rather that USA can sue UK for many reason but thats a whole new debate.

Nah, tough, they'll have to get over it, cause they're not getting a penny...

But if we're talking about debt owed because nations were built on other people's treasures...then we'll pay when every other nation on earth that has ever used the steam engine pays what it is due! We'll also take our share of all the coal mined from deep under the earth which wouldn't have been possible without our inventions...

So if we are due to pay...you'll have to wait until we've invoiced most nations on earth for what we are owed first.

Skyscanner with all due respect this is redicule. Its not same.

First of all then British have to pay to Iraqi for a wheel. Or Chinese for using gunpowder, compass, paper and prinit machine.

No one take good things for BE did. Personally, Im well aware what industrial revolution meant for the world. For Europe.

No one takes scientists from BE. In the future you will see how much love I have for BE because for a long Im preparing one thread in my head. (It would be in alternative history)

Things doesnt work that way. But British in my opinion made much damage to China and Boers.

BE and now UK are leaders.(not for long but still) And as leaders they must show by example.

To me, it would be nice and justice as your Queen already apologize to give compesation.

I think the British should sue the French for helping America win independence.

You see how long this could go on?!

In your eyes we could do it that way.

Im not asking that UK or any country pay for war compesation which was long time ago. That way London would sell their buses to pay off debt.

But for evil deeds for what we have evidence, such as crime against humanity, you should pay.

Skyscanner with all due respect this is redicule. Its not same.

First of all then British have to pay to Iraqi for a wheel. Or Chinese for using gunpowder, compass, paper and prinit machine.

No one take good things for BE did. Personally, Im well aware what industrial revolution meant for the world. For Europe.

No one takes scientists from BE. In the future you will see how much love I have for BE because for a long Im preparing one thread in my head. (It would be in alternative history)

Things doesnt work that way. But British in my opinion made much damage to China and Boers.

BE and now UK are leaders.(not for long but still) And as leaders they must show by example.

To me, it would be nice and justice as your Queen already apologize to give compesation.

I was going by what you said, you said my country was built on other people's treasures. It wasn't. It was built on many many factors, and the amount we have exported in the way of inventions, trade and business (even if you go from just the industrial revolution onwards) will show that in terms of building countries we can be commended as much as you would like us to keep apologising. I have no problem for apologising for past dealings with certain countries (as long as it's a two way street), but we don't owe anybody a penny.

I was going by what you said, you said my country was built on other people's treasures. It wasn't. It was built on many many factors, and the amount we have exported in the way of inventions, trade and business (even if you go from just the industrial revolution onwards) will show that in terms of building countries we can be commended as much as you would like us to keep apologising. I have no problem for apologising for past dealings with certain countries (as long as it's a two way street), but we don't owe anybody a penny.

It is built because of Spanish armada, Colonialism, East India company, Industrial revolution etc.

Ofcourse its not completly built by others treasure.

Labour was always before capital and natural treasures.

People built it.

But... It was built partly by Boer gold and money from Opium. It would be nice for UK to erase that awful deeds.

Same as USA must compesate natives.

Your goverment wasnt always nice. Even to own people. Example Peterloo.

Peterloo_Massacre.png

Edited by the L

Imagine this scenario: the Medellin cocaine cartel of Colombia mounts a successful

military offensive against the United States, then forces the U.S. to legalize

cocaine and allow the cartel to import the drug into five major American cities,

unsupervised and untaxed by the U.S. The American government also agrees to let the

drug lords govern all Colombian citizens who operate in these cities, plus the U.S.

has to pay war reparations of $100 billion—the Colombians’ cost of waging the war to

import cocaine into America.

Thats what happened in Opium war.

British were cartel and USA was China.

Edited by the L

Look what smart British of that time think and say about it.

This war with China . . . really seems to me so wicked as to be a national sin

of the greatest possible magnitude, and it distresses me very deeply.

Cannot anything be done by petition or otherwise to awaken men's minds

to the dreadful guilt we are incurring? I really do not remember, in any

history, of a war undertaken with such combined injustice and baseness.

Ordinary wars of conquest are to me far less wicked, than to go to war

in order to maintain smuggling, and that smuggling consisting in the introduction

of a demoralizing drug, which the government of China wishes to keep out, and which we,

for the lucre of gain, want to introduce by force; and in this quarrel are going to

burn and slay in the pride of our supposed superiority. — Thomas Arnold to W. W. Hull,

March 18, 1840

It is built because of Spanish armada, Colonialism, East India company, Industrial revolution etc.

Ofcourse its not completly built by others treasure.

Labour was always before capital and natural treasures.

People built it.

But... It was built partly by Boer gold and money from Opium. It would be nice for UK to erase that awful deeds.

Same as USA must compesate natives.

Hmm, well I don't have a problem with an apology...but, what's the money you want going to be used for? I assume they will just pass it on to the victims of slavery? I mean we started that biggest stain of humanity, but when we abolished it it was that difference of opinion that lead to the strains to begin with - was it not?

Look what smart British of that time think and say about it.

This war with China . . . really seems to me so wicked as to be a national sin

of the greatest possible magnitude, and it distresses me very deeply.

Cannot anything be done by petition or otherwise to awaken men's minds

to the dreadful guilt we are incurring? I really do not remember, in any

history, of a war undertaken with such combined injustice and baseness.

Ordinary wars of conquest are to me far less wicked, than to go to war

in order to maintain smuggling, and that smuggling consisting in the introduction

of a demoralizing drug, which the government of China wishes to keep out, and which we,

for the lucre of gain, want to introduce by force; and in this quarrel are going to

burn and slay in the pride of our supposed superiority. — Thomas Arnold to W. W. Hull,

March 18, 1840

^ Now that I can't argue with. (not that I agree that money should be paid to compensate)

• Like 1

In your eyes we could do it that way.

Im not asking that UK or any country pay for war compesation which was long time ago. That way London would sell their buses to pay off debt.

But for evil deeds for what we have evidence, such as crime against humanity, you should pay.

Nah....I don't think I should pay for something that somebody i've never met did a long time ago.

(p.s. can I ask, what is your country of origin?)

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Hmm, well I don't have a problem with an apology...but, what's the money you want going to be used for? I assume they will just pass it on to the victims of slavery? I mean we started that biggest stain of humanity, but when we abolished it it was that difference of opinion that lead to the strains to begin with - was it not?

Sky Scanner I didnt spoke about slavery at all. I was talking about that infamous war with China and Boer wars. To me those things are realy awful. Im mean dont you agree that conc. camps are crime against humanity? (Dont need to answer on this.)

I will give it to China and Dutch origin people in SA.

British empire wasnt first to abolish slavery. Republic of Dubrovnik abolished it in 1416. We had empires without slavery and opposite. However there wasnt society without slavery till recent time. Slavery was normal condition of human kind.

Abolishment of slavery doesnt mean abolishment of racial thinking. Its moral process.Like Lenin. Idea was still alive after his death and somehow still present. One Africans were not slaves they become inferior in diffrent way. Hierarching diffrent type of people with Anglosaxon at the top.

Africans,Indians, Aboriginals must civilized. Indians doesnt need to be civilized. They have had their shakspearebefore British had their own. People that been ruled in colonial system are not able rule.

Slavery shaped and play important part of British thinking in 20 and 21 century. Slavery its unavoidible if we talk about British empire.

Effect of slavery on Africa are devastating and that must be part what we think is legacy of British Empire.

Millions were enslaved. As one Stalin said:one death is a tragedy a million is a statistic.

But its not. Its millions tragedies. Somehow British owe Millions Natasha Kampusch head lines to those Africans.

When I think of Africa I think on famine,flys,war,drought, disease, Mandela, Rwanda,Wars. Then I remember BE propaganda "From Cape to Cairo."

It left psychological traumas to generations after enslavement happened. Its still present in minds of some Africans.

Also it must be noted that slavery took population of Africa. One can argue would Africa catch with 1st world if their poulation and their mind were intact.

Edited by the L

Its true because you learnt alternative history not history. If you ever learn it. But I would be glad that conversation goes into that direction because this is pointless.

Im sure I can proove that my story is fact and your fairy tale.

Lol. BE sacrifce saving world from Nazi is reason because BE doesnt exist anymorr? Thats new.

It's not new at all. Britain had en empire before the war and we didn't have one after. Ergo we don't have to pay for things the Empire done as per your own argument

Then what happened in India? Do we need to start with it.

We spoke about Boer war here a lot. But small nuber of British people know that they actually attacked independent country.

Transval.Because gold was discoverd in Witwatersrand

From 1886 to 1893 Transval produced fifth of the worlds gold.

1898 Transval produced 30% of total world output.

Johannesburg develpoed.

In British press it was presented as Ignorant Greedy state and Uitlanders looking for their rights.

Natal took Dundee-Transval mobilazation.

British send largest army Brittain ever sent overseas.

December 1899, the British Army suffered three devastating defeats by the Boer Republics at the battles of Stormberg (690), Magersfontein (948) and Colenso (1,138), with 2,776 men killed,wounded and captured.

For Brittish Boers were just another rebellion.

Boers were bald and dare to attack.

1889 in Germany, the Mauser Rifle, was fitted with a 5-round magazine.

Christiaan de Wet in the Oranje free state, Botha in eastern Transvaal,Koos de la Rey in the mountain west resist to agressor.

These were biggest group, there were also small groups.

Then BE change tactic, blockhouses, alarms, wire, armored train with search lights,scorched earth, conc.camps.

In 1901 Boers invaded Cape, Botha raid infratry on Transvaal Natal border and survivers strip naked and send them home.

Boers didnt killed prisoners of war , Why? Because they knew that British empire is vast and have countless number of soldiers.

Everybody espect that they will killed pow in situation like they were. It was very rare.

Zulus were given weapons by British. They attacked Boers in Transvaal.

Now it was all for the gold. And British destroy one state.

Thats truth.

Edited by the L

It's not new at all. Britain had en empire before the war and we didn't have one after. Ergo we don't have to pay for things the Empire done as per your own argument

Wrong. UK and commonwealth are rightous successors.

Also see analogy with Germans.