Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World on track to run out of drinkable water

Ashotep

Ooops :blush:

Sorry Hilander, look at me calling it on then pleading ignorance. I think I lost track because you quoted myself and Lib at the same time.

It is nice you have access to such a supply, but to a certain extent all water is recycled, yours is on a very very long cycle though, I think its the thought of raw sewage rather than the actually cleanliness of the source that would put you off.

I have drunk stream water myself in Cumbria as a kid, it was nice but not something I would do today. If I was to drink naturally sourced water I would be tempted to 'clean' it myself before drinking.

Hope you can forgive me for my ignorant response. :)

Your response wasn't ignorant. I have brain farts too, no big deal. Actually you had me wondering why I quoted you.

I wouldn't drink out of any of the rivers or creeks around here even though I have seen people drink out of the creek here on my property. I told them that might not be wise, cows do drink out of it upstream and probably do other things in it.lol

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 2

This doesn't have anything to do with nestle by any chance.... lol Saying they want to own water. lol

Your response wasn't ignorant. I have brain farts too, no big deal. Actually you had me wondering why I quoted you.

I wouldn't drink out of any of the rivers or creeks around here even though I have seen people drink out of the creek here on my property. I told them that might not be wise, cows do drink out of it upstream and probably do other things in it.lol

I would guess cows are a lot more hardy in the stomach(s) department than us. I would love to live near a natural and consumable water supply. My taps are just not the same... :cry:

Hey everyone, welcome to Finland. We're the country of a thousand lakes, a great source of widely and readily available freshwater that's not really going anywhere right now. Remember to bring:

A) A national conflict that'll allow you to come here to "help" us sort out that conflict of ours. I recommend oppression of the blue-collars, societal class division or just an overall economy crisis.

B) An army of yours to shoot a lot of us indigenous population.

C) A big corporation or few to rebuild our houses afterwards and "buy" a lot of our water.

D) Supply the medias with promotional videos of your war effort and bring them to the public and promote yourself as a strong leader.

I can already see this happening if there'll be a water shortage.

On a more serious note (I was serious with that too, but gonna be more serious now), there's ways through which the populations of more dry countries could boost their clean water harnessing capabilities, Bill Mollison presented a few in his book (black one, about Permaculture). Permaculture and sustained farming know quite a few...

• Like 2

drinkable FREE water anyway? I can see a day coming where all water will be SOLD and even private wells will be 'taxed" to aid in building the perception that water is too valuable , (and too expensive to maintain or some such talking point) to be available for Free !

• Like 3

Coffey; basically Nestle wants to buy low and then turn around and pull a profit by selling us our own water. I can remember when water was free, not a profitable commodity. They are also lying by calling it spring water. The water they are buying in my town comes from a lake. Some water they are buying not far from where I live comes from beneath a landfill.

Sorry. Edited because sometimes I forget how to spell.

Edited by moonshadow60
  • Like 3

I've read that some of that bottled water just comes from tap water.

• Like 3

Pepsi and Nestle have both publicly admitted this.

• Like 4

Pepsi and Nestle have both publicly admitted this.

Tesco sell bottled tap water, it is filtered before being bottled. There is nought wrong with this as long as it is labelled correctly and not called 'Spring water'. I would imagine other supermarkets do the same.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 3

Sigh... imagine what it's like to have rain in countries if this kind of thing escalates... "BRING OUT THE BUCKETS LADS, KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR COPS", dont let them catch you storing rainwater illegally while showing your disregard to their new hygiene standards about storing rainwater... later that evening, you hear a knock on your door and then you're off to courthouse. I just wonder what'll be the point in which most people's common sense overrides the control imposed on us and people start saying "this is wrong, I'm not abiding by this". I wonder if that point even exists.

• Like 2

Since the U.N. is always right, I guess I oughta take heed. Hahahahaha just kidding the U.N. sucks.

• Like 1

549005_506212326069586_1300264979_n.jpg

water related issues used to be just so innocent .......

• Like 6

I would imagine if these type of shortages happen that water will be handled like Time was in the movie In Time with Justin Timberlake. People will be working for water in a sense. You can go to work and make 2 bottles per day for instance.

This really would be a brilliant idea for a takeover situation. NWO takeover that is. People could of course rebel but if we ever let the government have total control of our water then it wouldn't matter. A 3 day rebellion before everyone died of thirst. Actually a 2 day rebellion. By day 3, everyone would be dying of thirst.

Okay sorry everyone. I didn't mean to derail the thread that much with NWO conspiracy theories. I do believe total control of water would allow for total control of power however.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the looming water shortage is old news.

549005_506212326069586_1300264979_n.jpg

water related issues used to be just so innocent .......

At first glance I thought these were broken condoms and became very concerned about your character and the taste of that image...

When I realised they are broken water balloons I became very concerned about my character. :blush:

• Like 6

At first glance I thought these were broken condoms and became very concerned about your character and the taste of that image...

When I realised they are broken water balloons I became very concerned about my character. :blush:

pay no mind .. a colorful sex life is not necessarily a bad thing ... :)

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 2

I would imagine if these type of shortages happen that water will be handled like Time was in the movie In Time with Justin Timberlake. People will be working for water in a sense. You can go to work and make 2 bottles per day for instance.

This really would be a brilliant idea for a takeover situation. NWO takeover that is. People could of course rebel but if we ever let the government have total control of our water then it wouldn't matter. A 3 day rebellion before everyone died of thirst. Actually a 2 day rebellion. By day 3, everyone would be dying of thirst.

Okay sorry everyone. I didn't mean to derail the thread that much with NWO conspiracy theories. I do believe total control of water would allow for total control of power however.

derailed the thread?!

I can't believe you sat through a justin timberlake movie man!!

:-D

• Like 2

pay no mind .. a colorful sex life is not necessarily a bad thing ... :)

especially if they're minty too!

:-)

especially if they're minty too!

:-)

don't put those things in your mouth ... ever

:lol:

Just another reason why we should stop the human population increasing any further. We are running out of resources. I am of course not suggesting a human cull but measures need to be put in to stop this uncontrollable growth.

Then we will help towards food and fuel shortages. For some reason the idea of gradually decreasing the world population is a forbidden subject.

• Like 3

Just another reason why we should stop the human population increasing any further. We are running out of resources. I am of course not suggesting a human cull but measures need to be put in to stop this uncontrollable growth.

Then we will help towards food and fuel shortages. For some reason the idea of gradually decreasing the world population is a forbidden subject.

There are children not born yet that economical and monetary taxation debts needs to be collected from ....

• Like 3

We have set ourselves up for our economies only to do well if the population keeps growing. If it does though there will be harsh consequences for future generations.

• Like 2

I think there are 2 reasons for this (and probably more). The communists thought of it first and people are still building the armies of te pope

So many religions make you feel like your going to burn in hell if you do anything to keep from having kids. They are part of the problem.

Here another story where scientists are warning of water shortages.

Currently, an estimated third of the world’s seven million people has limited access to adequate fresh water, according to conference delegates.

“In the short span of one or two generations, the majority of the nine billion people on Earth will be living under the handicap of severe pressure on fresh water,” said the declaration.

The nine billion mark is widely projected to be reached from about 2040.

Scientists warn that Earth faces severe water shortages within a generation

Too many people is the number one cause for this.

• Like 2