Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can humanity afford a real life Star Trek ?

Saru

You have to look at charities, most of them, provide jobs for people who have families. But, your correct the good charites only get up to 20% to where it is supposed to go. The national companies are the worse ones, except for the rip offs.

It is a myth that Charities are money sink holes.

The Better Business Bureau tracks most charities and many of the better ones like Children International, have an almost 80% rate of money going into programs, with 20% for Administrative and Fund Raising activities. Everyone should research a charity before giving them any money.

Edited by DieChecker

As long as mankind is stuck on one planet, mankind is mortal. A single event can kill us,

We need to keep doing the scientific research.

In the distant future they might find a way to use the whole solar system as a combined spaceship.

We re already flying around the galaxy together with our sun on our spaceship Earth, we just need to find a way to move everything together much faster as a complete system.

Some kind of controllable huge warp bubble around the sun, using its enormous energy to propel it, and the Earth, in its own warp bubble along with it.

Bring along Mars, and Venus, after moving their orbits into the Goldilocks zone and creating proper atmospheres around them, and use them as spaceships too.

Add in other planetary spaceships we find and create/modify along the way.

Exchange the sun for a new star when we use up the current one.

Create more complete solar system starships and go forth and multiply.

With there being billions and billions of galaxies in the universe, each containing billions and billions of stars, I have little doubt that this is already happening all over the place out there. :)

We need to keep doing the scientific research.

In the distant future they might find a way to use the whole solar system as a combined spaceship.

We re already flying around the galaxy together with our sun on our spaceship Earth, we just need to find a way to move everything together much faster as a complete system.

Some kind of controllable huge warp bubble around the sun, using its enormous energy to propel it, and the Earth, in its own warp bubble along with it.

Bring along Mars, and Venus, after moving their orbits into the Goldilocks zone and creating proper atmospheres around them, and use them as spaceships too.

Add in other planetary spaceships we find and create/modify along the way.

Exchange the sun for a new star when we use up the current one.

Create more complete solar system starships and go forth and multiply.

With there being billions and billions of galaxies in the universe, each containing billions and billions of stars, I have little doubt that this is already happening all over the place out there. :)

I point out that mars spends time in the goldielock zone. It is it,s thin atmosphere that is the problem.

I point out that mars spends time in the goldielock zone. It is it,s thin atmosphere that is the problem.

Just needs more gravity and to get that we can just add more mass, plenty of that in the asteroid belt.

First we have to get past the liberals. Who think anything not going to "help" someone is a wast of money. Even if they have to force people on to the help roles.

• Like 1

Just needs more gravity and to get that we can just add more mass, plenty of that in the asteroid belt.

We could probably do that eventually. Drop some comets and asteroids down to the surface. Sure it would tear the planet up and ruin the environement, such as it is, but within a realatively short time, we could start building parking lots. :tu:

We could probably do that eventually. Drop some comets and asteroids down to the surface. Sure it would tear the planet up and ruin the environement, such as it is, but within a realatively short time, we could start building parking lots. :tu:

Launch pads!!!!!!!!

I'm sure we'll figure out how to co-ordinate the intercepting orbital paths so that the impact velocity is minimized, but yeah, after the extra mass is added, (maybe even a few of Jupiter's moons could be used too), we could warp Mars over fully into the Goldilock's zone, set up a good atmosphere, then get a good ecosystem up and running adding life etc.

Then come the parking lots and launch pads. :tu:

• Like 1

The starships of the Star Trek universe seem a long way off both technologically and financially.

I agree. One country cannot afford such a space program even if the technologies were available. If I am not wrong, in Star Trek all the countries are united together under one single banner. It will take something similar here. If at least all the G12 were trusting each other and working togheter hand in hand then great things could be achieved.

Just saw Star Trek: Heart of Darkness this past weekend.

C'MON EARTH LET'S DO THIS!!

I agree. One country cannot afford such a space program even if the technologies were available. If I am not wrong, in Star Trek all the countries are united together under one single banner. It will take something similar here. If at least all the G12 were trusting each other and working togheter hand in hand then great things could be achieved.

Star fleet started as a company.

Star fleet started as a company.

I don't know much about Star Trek, I've only seen some movies and a couple of episodes but according to Wikipedia, Starfleet was founded in the same time and maintained by The United Federation Of Planets in 2161.

So there was a planetary government on Earth when Starfleet was created.

Edited by sam_comm

I don't know much about Star Trek, I've only seen some movies and a couple of episodes but according to Wikipedia, Starfleet was founded in the same time and maintained by The United Federation Of Planets in 2161.

So there was a planetary government on Earth when Starfleet was created.

This is true. But, in both serious they state point blank they are explores not military. They may be like the post office or the irs.

That brings me back to my original point: The G12 countries needs to work together and trust each other in order to accomplish greater things for Humanity. We've The United Nations right now and while it is useful to debate and bring humanitarian helps in conflicts it fails to create a global force that push in the same direction. There is still too much ideological and religious bickering and treats of war. Each G12 contries prefer to do things their own ways, are worried about their own economies and often mistrust and spy upon each other. All that will have to change or at least significantly improve if humanity is to move forward in the futur. We seems far from that to be honest.

Edited by sam_comm

We have already had an internatonal coop. We got the current space station out of it.

Though we could build a similar appearing ship.... we don't have artificial gravity to keep everyone on the deck, and we don't have anything super fast like warp-drive. Without those we might just as well not build it, because there is no reason. The exception IMHO, would be if Aliens were shown to be real. That would quickly unite mankiind and also require our world to build some ships for Defense. Also we'd have to assume the aliens would give us star-drive technology and spark our interest in exploration. Without the aliens/ETs there is no reason to build a defensive force or provide us with advanced technology.

As I said what we need is a modular ship. This type of ship would not make a good warship nor should it have too. We do have two space weapons in service right now in the us fleet. A particle bam, feartered in the second transformer move, and a laser.

Wake up people!

We are already traveling through the stars and i have irrefutable proof of it.

The US Govt leaked a video of these travels

there's better things to do with $1 trillion... feed half the entire planet maybe?

there's better things to do with $1 trillion... feed half the entire planet maybe?

Then what?

Feed them again? and again?

At what point do you ensure the survival of the species by becoming interplanetary?

One good size asteroid and the human race is extinct.

But at least we fed the people who kept procreating even though they couldn't afford to feed themselves.

• Like 1

The usa throws away enough food to feed the world. If you add in what families and restraunts throw away maybe feed tge world twice. Then the congress passed a law making us turn a percentage of the corn crop into fuel.

Some of the third world nations don't have the infrastrucher to get food from the docks to the people. This includes the indian reservations that got government checks. Further if they borrow money from the imf, they can't spend it too makethings better for their peopl. Then you have thedictators that use hungry to control the people.

There's better statements to be made with your first 2 posts here. Good on you for being humanitarian about this, but long-term...