Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why did satan get kicked out of heaven

danielost

[media=]

[/media]

You can reject the notion but the bible is clear, Gods plans work through the nation of Israel. Everything to do with the 2nd coming of Jesus is tied up with Israel and the fate of Israel and what Israel does... not the USA or the UK or any other nation or tribe.

Kabbalah is witchcraft. That's a minor issue. Why didn't he convert to Christianity? Why didn't he evangelize the gospel of Jesus Christ while he was alive?

Matthew 24:36 ►

New International Version (©2011)

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Kabbalah is witchcraft. That's a minor issue. Why didn't he convert to Christianity? Why didn't he evangelize the gospel of Jesus Christ while he was alive?

Matthew 24:36 ►

New International Version (©2011)

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

kabbalah is not witchcraft, it simply does not follow the rules we gentiles and westerners use to interpret a text. It is a mystical and very subjective approach to interpretation which in essence does not exactly have any rules.

It uses a number of methods that can seem like witchcraft but are not. Numerology is such a thing, but if you pay attention, the numerology of the bible is as important as the literal recieved text.

There are also a number of variations that are indeed occultic, such as Hermitic kabbalah, as well as many secret orders and societies using variations of kabalha, such as the Gnostics, Knights Templar, the Neoplatists, the Pythagoreanists, the Rosicrucianists, Tantra, the English Order of the Golden Dawn, and the French magician Eliphas Levi.

But the point is that it is a tool, it how it is used that determines the spirit behind the user.

I would ask you to consider the New Testament and the book of Revelation which also used numerlogy in its text, is it now supposed to be from Satan as well?

What about the many important references to astrological imagery in the skies which are used throughout the bible, are we also to ignore them because some person reinvented and perverted something called astrology?

Edited by Jor-el

It's about intent. Do you practice it because you want to be a god and bypass Jesus' sacrifice? It's the same thing with meditation or any mystical practices. It wouldn't be a mystical practice if you're just gazing at the stars or fiddling with numbers.

It's about intent. Do you practice it because you want to be a god and bypass Jesus' sacrifice?

Kaballah is not about becoming "a" God. It's about getting close to God and *hopefully* becoming ONE with God.

Kaballah will not turn you into "a" God. It is promoting the same altruistic bs that Jesus promoted. It's about getting rid of self.

It's about intent. Do you practice it because you want to be a god and bypass Jesus' sacrifice? It's the same thing with meditation or any mystical practices. It wouldn't be a mystical practice if you're just gazing at the stars or fiddling with numbers.

I am not a practitioner of Kabbalah, but I have studied it for myself, have you?

I am not a practioner of astrology but recognize its importance in the bible... do You?

i believe the video goes a bit deeper than that, it implies how some religions have it written in their scriptures to extinguish all other religions and its adherents. As I stated in http://www.unexplain...25#entry4850612 . . . the real Satan is the "Others", those who you are not and those who threaten your spiritual beliefs.

You still can't pull them out of their fallacies by adding yours to the mixture (yours as in the one in that video). You can direct what I said to those who'd rather read whole bible word by word and follow rather the words than seek out the most fundamental thing(s) there. Isn't that just the easy way out?

I am not a practitioner of Kabbalah, but I have studied it for myself, have you?

I am not a practioner of astrology but recognize its importance in the bible... do You?

I am not wasting my time to study what the Bible clearly tells me not to do.

I am not wasting my time to study what the Bible clearly tells me not to do.

Exactly but what I told you i exactly and clearly in the bible.... which you seem to be ignoring because that is what you were taught to do out of fear.

Genesis 1:14

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons,[f] and for days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.”

Revelation 12

12 And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. 3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. 5 She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.

stellarium002.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RED3iE3JLQc

Astronomy is different. Astrology is fortune telling.

There were no astronemers in the time of jesus and before and for centuries afterward. Deal with it, the references are all astrological, just not the astrology that you are so used to hearing about. The Magi were astrologers, they identified from the signs in the heavens the birth of Christ himself, they used the astrological constellations, they used the planets and they used the stars. Learn from that instead of hiding behind a fear that does not lead you to know the word of God to the fullest.

Fortune telling is man made prophecy, When God does it, even through the stars it is simply called prophecy.

Edited by Jor-el

There were no astronemers in the time of jesus and before and for centuries afterward.

I know that but we're living now and we have those defined. Are you saying the Wise Men were also fortune tellers?

I know that but we're living now and we have those defined. Are you saying the Wise Men were also fortune tellers?

Not in the sense you mean, but they did use astrology to determine the lives of rulers, they were known in ancient times as the king makers. They were erspected and feared for their knowledge.

Remember what we know as astrology today has got absolutely nothing to do with what was practiced in ancient times... although the imagery employed is very similar. and they did believe the stars and the planets had influence in the lives of great men.

this is not your daily horoscope stuff...

I don't know why it is important. But, I do recall someplace the bible saying the history of the world is written in the stars.

The short answer to why satan got kicked out is he was being selfish and still is.

i believe the video goes a bit deeper than that, it implies how some religions have it written in their scriptures to extinguish all other religions and its adherents. As I stated in http://www.unexplain...25#entry4850612 . . . the real Satan is the "Others", those who you are not and those who threaten your spiritual beliefs.

The "Light Network" might want to check their history, Set is not aligned with Saturn.

The following inscription from the royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings:

The Persians called Satan, Iblis. They were not the first to establish the archetype of Satan as the Jews were. Satan is a personification of the Judaic word ha-satan meaning Adversary. Ha satan did not become Satan until much later when Jewish sects / tribes particularly the Essenes began referring to anyone who was not an Essene as ha satan. Still further on, the Roman Christian Church decided it was time to personify "the adversary" into Satan (complete with horns, tail, colored red, and all that jazz) and have him become the scapegoat for all evil in the Christian world.

Light People . . . pffft!

Occult Symbolism: Saturn (SET) Worship

SET (Ancient Egyptian God of Evil, Darkness, Chaos, War and Destruction

See here:

http://hollywoodsubliminals.wordpress.com/black-cube/

The "Light Network" might want to check their history, Set is not aligned with Saturn.

The following inscription from the royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings:

The Persians called Satan, Iblis. They were not the first to establish the archetype of Satan as the Jews were. Satan is a personification of the Judaic word ha-satan meaning Adversary. Ha satan did not become Satan until much later when Jewish sects / tribes particularly the Essenes began referring to anyone who was not an Essene as ha satan. Still further on, the Roman Christian Church decided it was time to personify "the adversary" into Satan (complete with horns, tail, colored red, and all that jazz) and have him become the scapegoat for all evil in the Christian world.

Light People . . . pffft!

• The Black Cube = Saturn

• Saturn = Satan (the word is derived from Saturn)

• Satan = The Devil (in Christian Religion)

• The Devil (Simply, “D” added to ‘Evil’) = SET (or Seth) the original embodiment of evil, predating the Christian religion by thousands of years.

• SET (Ancient Egyptian God of Evil, Darkness, Chaos, War and Destruction) = Anti-Christ or Adversary in Christian Religion.

http://hollywoodsubliminals.wordpress.com/black-cube/

also see:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/master_file/satanicconnection.htm

How the Term "Satan" Originated

This Awareness indicates that in reality, there is no such being as Satan. It is simply a creation of man, and the energies associated with this as being created as the movement grows and the creation of such energies as a personification of such energies. Originally, Satan was nothing other than the planet Saturn in an astrological quality. It was the Egyptian Set, the Egyptian God known as Set, which represented Satan or Saturn; the Persians, instead of calling it Saturn or set, called the planet Satan, and personified the planet as though it were a person. This Awareness indicates that the Persians were the first to invent the personification of that which was called Satan. Later, the time being in approximately the mid part of the Christian Age, Western mystics, in studying various religions, latched on to the Persian teachings of Satan and brought into the Christian religion. Prior to that there was no Satan.

This Awareness indicates that it then led to modification in the biblical texts, and let to various types of change in the scriptures and attitudes and terminologies used in the teachings, so that instead of Saturn or Set, the terms for Satan became as though the entity were a person; that in this manner, a force was personified. This Awareness indicates that the personification of this force in modern times is such that entities are treating this personification, this creation, as though it were a real being, and are worshipping this force.

• Like 1

Astrological viewpoint on Saturn (aka Satan?):

Hard work, taking responsibility, taking things step by step. Systemacy. Authority, as an authority saying you need this and that in order to qualify. Recognition. People who slowly and steadily climb up the corporate ladder would be prime examples of Saturn in action. This planet at least was associated with death, and if you connect that with the ancient greece mythology where underworld = hell (though I know Dante invented that later), then you get your soup.

Regarding this faith-theme, Saturn's role could mostly be to have us build our faith slowly, step by step. Quite contrary to the way they tell you to reach faith in christianity, you should "just believe" according to them. It's a more jupiterian way.

• Like 3

• The Black Cube = Saturn

• Saturn = Satan (the word is derived from Saturn)

• Satan = The Devil (in Christian Religion)

• The Devil (Simply, “D” added to ‘Evil’) = SET (or Seth) the original embodiment of evil, predating the Christian religion by thousands of years.

• SET (Ancient Egyptian God of Evil, Darkness, Chaos, War and Destruction) = Anti-Christ or Adversary in Christian Religion.

http://hollywoodsubl...com/black-cube/

also see:

http://www.bibliotec...cconnection.htm

How the Term "Satan" Originated

This Awareness indicates that in reality, there is no such being as Satan. It is simply a creation of man, and the energies associated with this as being created as the movement grows and the creation of such energies as a personification of such energies. Originally, Satan was nothing other than the planet Saturn in an astrological quality. It was the Egyptian Set, the Egyptian God known as Set, which represented Satan or Saturn; the Persians, instead of calling it Saturn or set, called the planet Satan, and personified the planet as though it were a person. This Awareness indicates that the Persians were the first to invent the personification of that which was called Satan. Later, the time being in approximately the mid part of the Christian Age, Western mystics, in studying various religions, latched on to the Persian teachings of Satan and brought into the Christian religion. Prior to that there was no Satan.

This Awareness indicates that it then led to modification in the biblical texts, and let to various types of change in the scriptures and attitudes and terminologies used in the teachings, so that instead of Saturn or Set, the terms for Satan became as though the entity were a person; that in this manner, a force was personified. This Awareness indicates that the personification of this force in modern times is such that entities are treating this personification, this creation, as though it were a real being, and are worshipping this force.

Seems like the point you are trying to make is that evil is just semantics? Seriously?

Occult Symbolism: Saturn (SET) Worship

SET (Ancient Egyptian God of Evil, Darkness, Chaos, War and Destruction

See here:

http://hollywoodsubl...com/black-cube/

Dude, I used to be a member of the Temple of Set, I have more than a little insight into who and what Set is.

You're getting your information from a site that calls itself "Hollywood Subliminals?" :geek:

As a neter of darkness and night, Set was the complement to Horus (neter of the Sun and daylight) in predynastic times. So integral was this relationship that the heads of the two neteru were frequently shown on a single body (hieroglyphic name Hrwyfy "He with the Two Faces"). With regard to the annual cycle, Horus was thought to govern the waxing of the Sun from the South Solstice, while Set governed the waning of the Sun from the North Solstice.

The oldest form of the Prince of Darkness, the archetype of Isolate Intelligence, is the Egyptian god Set, whose Priesthood can be traced to predynastic times. Images of Set have been dated to ca.3200 BCE, with astronomically-based estimates of inscriptions dating to 5000 BCE.

In earlier Latin texts the day Saturday was called Saturn Day, in direct reference to Saturn. In earlier ancient Egypt this day is called Sabt, which means Sirius a.k.a. the Dog Star. Plutarch associates Sabt with the Egyptian Anubis (Jackel-headed God).

In later Roman eras Saturn was the great god of agriculture (Green-Man/Horned-God stuff) and was celebrated with the festival Saturnalia and Sol Invictus ("Birthday of the Unconquerable Sun," on December 25) . . . no doubt later the Christians in their genocide of all things Pagan demonized this deity and took control over (while confusing) the date of the 25th as the birth of their Dying & Resurrecting Sun of God.

Edited by Etu Malku
  • Like 3

So Set is the original devil? Because I saw an interview with Zeena Schrek

with this Christian guy and they were saying how Set is the real prince of darkness.

And that Lavey Satanism was not the real deal.

They talked about how Set was the real thing.

But they both left Temple of Set they do some other kind of religion now.

So Set is the original devil? Because I saw an interview with Zeena Schrek

with this Christian guy and they were saying how Set is the real prince of darkness.

And that Lavey Satanism was not the real deal.

They talked about how Set was the real thing.

Lavey Satanism is actually Atheism with a philosophy of selfishness, so no, it isn't really "satan-ism".

Temple of Set seems much more closer to Satanism since they believe in an actual Satan (Set-Hen).

Set-hen means "eternal Set" by the way.

When Egypt worshiped Set as their main god, the ones around them (most likely ancient Canaanites/Jerusalem/Hebrews) demonized Set-hen (Satan) since Egypt was their enemies.

• Like 1

Seems like the point you are trying to make is that evil is just semantics? Seriously?

Not exactly. Maybe these quotes will give you a better idea:

Negative thought vibrations out of ignorance. High vibrations indicate love and spiritual development, while low vibrations indicate debasement and evil." (Arthur Yensen)

If each of us shares our light, soon all dark corners will be reached, and we will begin the healing of the world by chasing out darkness. We, too, will begin the healing of our own souls. (Betty Eadie)

The sin and Satan we live is that of our own creation. (Sherry Gideon)

Our minds are led by the spirit we are entertaining, the spirit of God or the spirit of the devil - self. This spiritual force of selfishness is the false god referred to as Satan. It is the collective unconscious rebellion of humanity against God. This collective unconscious rebellion is manifested as self-centeredness, self-gratification, self-seeking, self-righteousness, self-glorification, self-consciousness, self-indulgence, self-deception, self-serving, self-condemnation, self-absorbed, self-importance, selfishness, SELF. It is the force of the unevolved animalistic nature (the "beast") within humans. Satan is the unregenerated lower self that wars against the Higher Self within every human being. Jesus, on the other hand, went to the cross to fulfill his mission of showing humans the way to "crucify" their lower nature. Through a person's Higher Self of unconditional love - the manifestation of God - a person can attain at-one-ment with the divine nature within. This Higher Self is the Spirit of self-sacrifice, self-denial, selflessness, self-effacing, self-discipline, self-control, self-restraint, self-respect - the divine self that is a part of God and which wars against the lower self. (Edgar Cayce)

The struggle between higher and lower self or what some call God and the Devil causes growth, until finally the negativity or the destructive elements are completely overcome. (Betty Bethards)

Hell is a psychological condition which corresponds to the suffering we experience on Earth when we allow ourselves to be driven by the blind greed of our own egos. There are no "devils" here to inflict punishments, since in the state of hell, each person acts out their own malice by tormenting others. (Emanuel Swedenborg)

I had a descent into what you might call Hell ... I did not see Satan or evil. My descent into Hell was a descent into each person's customized human misery, ignorance, and darkness of not-knowing. It seemed like a miserable eternity. But each of the millions of souls around me had a little star of light always available. But no one seemed to pay attention to it. They were so consumed with their own grief, trauma and misery. (Mellen-Thomas Benedict)

If we are convinced a devil is out there to trick or deceive us, and if we have already pictured in our minds what this devil looks like and what he plans on doing, we should really not be surprised when our worst fears are confirmed. The devils we create become real and solid in the next dimension because we created them. (Jerry Gross)

Edgar Cayce revealed that the greatest enemy we will ever have to face is self. Cayce interpreted the Book of Revelation to be the story of humanity overcoming the enemy within. In Revelation, Babylon is symbolic of our selfish desires that cause us to war against ourselves and others. Armageddon is a battle between the beast nature of our animalistic lower self and the lamb - the divine nature of our Higher Self. Once the lower self is overcome by the higher self, the devil (self-will) is cast into the Abyss (the divine will suppressing the self-will). The result of this is the Kingdom of heaven (the rule of the Holy Spirit within) as it comes to Earth (the human body). Genesis is the story of humanity's fall from heaven. Revelation is the story of humanity being restored to God. It is paradise lost and then paradise found.

See more:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research23.html

Dude, I used to be a member of the Temple of Set, I have more than a little insight into who and what Set is.

You're getting your information from a site that calls itself "Hollywood Subliminals?" :geek:

As a neter of darkness and night, Set was the complement to Horus (neter of the Sun and daylight) in predynastic times. So integral was this relationship that the heads of the two neteru were frequently shown on a single body (hieroglyphic name Hrwyfy "He with the Two Faces"). With regard to the annual cycle, Horus was thought to govern the waxing of the Sun from the South Solstice, while Set governed the waning of the Sun from the North Solstice.

The oldest form of the Prince of Darkness, the archetype of Isolate Intelligence, is the Egyptian god Set, whose Priesthood can be traced to predynastic times. Images of Set have been dated to ca.3200 BCE, with astronomically-based estimates of inscriptions dating to 5000 BCE.

In earlier Latin texts the day Saturday was called Saturn Day, in direct reference to Saturn. In earlier ancient Egypt this day is called Sabt, which means Sirius a.k.a. the Dog Star. Plutarch associates Sabt with the Egyptian Anubis (Jackel-headed God).

In later Roman eras Saturn was the great god of agriculture (Green-Man/Horned-God stuff) and was celebrated with the festival Saturnalia and Sol Invictus ("Birthday of the Unconquerable Sun," on December 25) . . . no doubt later the Christians in their genocide of all things Pagan demonized this deity and took control over (while confusing) the date of the 25th as the birth of their Dying & Resurrecting Sun of God.

AE never saw Set as we see "Satan". Yes I agree that Abrahamic faiths have taken and distorted gods from other religions and created this "Satan". But AE themsleves, as with Greeks and Romans had no "Satan", no equivalent at all. To take Set and make him the "Prince of Darkeness" an anti-God, would, I suspect, shock the ancients. Calling Set "Satan" is a modern conceit based on Abrahamic propaganda and not the reality of what AE themselves believed.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri