Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO photographed over San Diego

A historian taking pictures of a barn was startled to discover a mysterious extra in one of the shots.

What exactly did Ellen Henry photograph in the sky above Santee, Calif. , on May 7? "It was clear and certainly not a bug," Henry told local ABC TV affiliate News 10. Henry is a member of the Santee Historical Society (SHS) located in San Diego County and, according to the SanteePatch, was taking pictures of a historical building, the Edgemoor Barn.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 4

i love a saucer-shaped object next to a barn in the morning! looks nice, this one! solid and metallic. more blimp than bug. hard to say on my crappy old screen.....

• Like 1

I love these funny shaped balloons.

Did she not take any more pics as it was flying away?

She noticed nothing or heard nothing before she look the picture, maybe because balloon do not make any sound and maybe because it was so high up it only got noticed when the sun caught it, being a metallic one.

• Like 1

If I weren't so unbiased I would love to say Alien Spacecraft!!. But from what I can see ( correct me if I'm wrong) the sun light seems to be reflecting from the right of the UFO with a shadow cast on the left hand side. But the sun appears to be beaming from the left hand side of the shot because the left side of the barn has the sun light on it.

definitely not a frisbee ....

• Like 2

Yup. The angle of the sunlight is wrong on the "object". Would love to examine the original myself but I suspect Photoshop.

If I weren't so unbiased I would love to say Alien Spacecraft!!. But from what I can see ( correct me if I'm wrong) the sun light seems to be reflecting from the right of the UFO with a shadow cast on the left hand side. But the sun appears to be beaming from the left hand side of the shot because the left side of the barn has the sun light on it.

Youre trying way too hard.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I did not read the article (time constraint).

Did they mention the camera settings? (Shutter speed specifically). Whatever it is could simply be an artifact of a slower shutter speed. If the photographer was using a tripod everything in the photo that was not moving would look fine. The object could be virtually anything and depending on its distance from the camera could simply be a bird or a bug. The coloration may not have anything to do with the position of the sun. That could be another effect of a slower shutter speed and a flying critter close to the lens while still picking up the color of whatever it was.

A UFO, yes. Alien space craft, extremely unlikely.

JMO.

maybe a boss or a beast disc.....http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/category/TDD0/Tie-Dye-Discs/1.html

Edited by Majikwayz

With all of the photo enhancement software, you'd think ABC would at least attempt to determine the the picture is real or not. I can't look at videos at work. I'll look tonight and perhaps comment more.

Edited by paperdyer

Well now you all gone and done it ! Scared E.T. off again ! See no more photos of it today ! :tu:

• Like 1

looks like a long-distance, very blurry shot of a romulan warbird to me.....

It's a tough call. The shadow of the eves on the side of the barn show that it was close to noon and the sun was shining nearly straight down. The bright spot on the right side of the UFO could simply be a more reflective part of the object.

But it's another over-magnified blurry blob that doesn't display any definite structure that would make me think it's a spacecraft.

Say what? The Romulans have crossed the neutral zone and are buzzing barns over San Diego. This is a clear violation of the Treaty of Algeron!

Edited by Lilly
grammar
  • Like 3

Say what? The Romulan's have crossed the neutral zone and are buzzing barns over San Diego. This is a clear violation of the Treaty of Algeron!

Whoa whoa, let's not jump to conclusions from a blurry photograph! It may have been a simple navigational error.

• Like 3

It's a tough call. The shadow of the eves on the side of the barn show that it was close to noon and the sun was shining nearly straight down. The bright spot on the right side of the UFO could simply be a more reflective part of the object.

But it's another over-magnified blurry blob that doesn't display any definite structure that would make me think it's a spacecraft.

NOTE: no offense is intended herein.

I must ask: What is this "definite structure" that might make you think it's a spacecraft? Somehow, I can't seem to get it through my head just exactly what some alien spacecraft would look like. And this is a subject I would really enjoy having defined.

I've seen "lights" in the sky that I've never been able to explain, one of which was being chased by F4 Phantoms from Malmstrom AFB in 1964. I doubt Malmstrom would scramble F4s just for the hell of it, and it was not during the periods of shift changes for air patrols; also, those planes were on full afterburner. I've also seen aircraft that I could not identify doing things aircraft should not do or be able to do, but those could easily be explained as experimental or in-service top secret aircraft, not UFOs. One such overflew my house every week, Saturday at 2230, for almost six months, then switched to the other side of the canyon. It was black, had five lights on leading edges of 'wings' (one each tip, one wing center, one nose), made very little noise, and flew at a speed about the same as traffic on Harbison Canyon Road (35mph). I doubt it was some strange ET spacecraft; my guess is it was one of our very own research vessels. I would truly like to know both the propulsion system and power on the craft, because it defied everything about standard craft, and I do know some about airplanes (several thousand hours of flight time).

It also strikes me that if anyone follows the San Diego area, you'd know that it was an aviation center for many decades, and when the major companies relocated, large contingents remained in the area for research in aerospace/rocketry etc. There are spaces around SD that are as secure as Area 51, if not more so because very few people even know about them. So who knows what she might have accidentally photographed, assuming it's not a hoax?

• Like 2

NOTE: no offense is intended herein.

I must ask: What is this "definite structure" that might make you think it's a spacecraft? Somehow, I can't seem to get it through my head just exactly what some alien spacecraft would look like. And this is a subject I would really enjoy having defined.

Distinct structures that appear to have a specific function. If you are able to see these structures in a photo, then you can tell the difference between a bird and a plane. If you can't see them, a bird and a plane will look the same. If you can't tell the difference between a bird and a plane in a photo then obviously the photo is worthless for identifying a flying object.

If the photo is clear enough that we can see structures that don't fit any known plane then we can begin to speculate that it's something we can't identify. This photo is nowhere clear enough to begin that kind of speculation.

I've seen "lights" in the sky that I've never been able to explain, one of which was being chased by F4 Phantoms from Malmstrom AFB in 1964. I doubt Malmstrom would scramble F4s just for the hell of it, and it was not during the periods of shift changes for air patrols; also, those planes were on full afterburner.

I've seen jets flying around too. Does that mean they're all chasing alien spacecraft back to their planets?

could be a drone.maybe but people have captured many objects that were not there at the time of the picture though many times over and over again.as for the UFOs they are more advanced than earth technology so they can and could turn into all kinds of things and even invisible.earth technology is far from doing anything that they can at the moment.as for the so called experts that work for the government don't expect a honest reply or answer

The object looks fairly 'structured' to me. The blurring seems to have been caused by excessive magnification. It appears to be elliptical in shape with a flattish top, off which sunlight reflects. A thin, light colored line crosses the middle of it, along its long axis. The object appears to have a rougher texture on the top left than the top right. This could account for the fact that more sunlight is reflected from the top, on the right side.

Edited by bison

If you ask me ! which I just know how many of you will , Its Gotta be Alterian,or even Barbaqueian ! Looks like it just hit the Snappy Burger on there way Home ! :tu:

The object looks fairly 'structured' to me. The blurring seems to have been caused by excessive magnification.

Which of course means anything in the photo could be an artifact of the camera.

It appears to be elliptical in shape with a flattish top, off which sunlight reflects.

The top is curved. What object doesn't reflect sunlight?

A thin, light colored line crosses the middle of it, along its long axis.

And that line is...what? A wing? An engine? An antenna? See, that is not a distinct structure. That's just a bunch of lighter pixels that is impossible to reliably interpret.

The object appears to have a rougher texture on the top left than the top right. This could account for the fact that more sunlight is reflected from the top, on the right side.

There's no way to determine texture from a few hundred pixels.