Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Ashotep

Veterans suffering from burn pit diseases

11 posts in this topic

Traumatic brain injury, post traumatic stress disorder, amputations, burns and facial disfiguration -— all these we have seen on our TV screens, however fleetingly. But another signature injury that has scrawled its misery across veterans’ lives remains largely unknown. It goes by different names — Burn Pit disease, Gulf War 2 Syndrome, Iraq and Afghanistan War Lung Injury, Post-Deployment Illness — but what veterans and contract workers who have it, and the small cadre of physician-scientists dedicated to understanding and treating it, agree on is that, like Gulf War Illness, its cause is wartime toxic exposure.

On Memorial Day, it’s time to make sure our veterans suffering from burn pit diseases get the care they need

With Memorial Day coming up I thought we should think about these guys and wish them well. Hope they can all get the treatment they need and so richly they deserve.

5 people like this

After everything our veterans do for us and this is how some people treat them?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for posting this! :tu:

God bless our military! They are the real heroes in this world.

Edited by Kowalski
1 person likes this

Yes, I hope they can get the treatment they need. Like Agent Orange induced sickness, that is easier said than done.

More importantly, the criminal suits in high office should be prosecuted for bringing the war that caused this situation to evolve. I suspect there are a few General Officers who also share responsibility for this environmental catastrophe.

1 person likes this

Yes, I hope they can get the treatment they need. Like Agent Orange induced sickness, that is easier said than done.

More importantly, the criminal suits in high office should be prosecuted for bringing the war that caused this situation to evolve. I suspect there are a few General Officers who also share responsibility for this environmental catastrophe.

Heaven forbid we actually blame the terrorists that attacked us for "bringing the war".

1 person likes this

You are free to blame whomever you wish Rafterman. Or believe any story you wish.

I happen to know that I was initially deceived by the OCT. I know full well that the OCT cannot be proven, because it is a fable, nothing more.

Posted (edited)

I just want to salute our soldiers on this Memorial Day and wish them the very best.

Ballad of the Green Berets

Edited by Hilander
2 people like this

I just want to salute our soldiers on this Memorial Day and wish them the very best.

Ballad of the Green Berets

I love that movie! I'm a huge John Wayne fan. Heck, I named my son after him! :)

I named my son, Ethan Wayne, cause in "the Searchers" John Wayne's characters name was Ethan. John Wayne even had a son named Ethan Wayne. If you watch "Big Jake" the little boy who get's kidnapped, is John Wayne's son Ethan.

But, I still cry at the end of "The Green Berets"....

I love that song, too. Thanks for posting!

1 person likes this

I love that movie! I'm a huge John Wayne fan. Heck, I named my son after him! :)

I named my son, Ethan Wayne, cause in "the Searchers" John Wayne's characters name was Ethan. John Wayne even had a son named Ethan Wayne. If you watch "Big Jake" the little boy who get's kidnapped, is John Wayne's son Ethan.

But, I still cry at the end of "The Green Berets"....

I love that song, too. Thanks for posting!

I'm a big John Wayne fan, he's my hero. I put one of his quotes under my avatar.
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I tried to embed that video, Ballad of the Green Berets, but no luck, if anyone else can feel free to do so.

Edited by Hilander
1 person likes this

I'm a big John Wayne fan, he's my hero. I put one of his quotes under my avatar.

John Wayne is THE MAN! :yes:

1 person likes this