Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jeff Hanneman

metaltania

It is sad too see how one of the Slayer Guy's Died, Recently due to Liver failure. We know Jeff was a drinker, but sad to see how he had wasted his life away.

Now due to the Church that was doing picketing at his funeral/memorial. I know him as a Spirit must've been pretty ticked off. I beat he is haunting every single one of those people that believed Jeff was satanic, You can not criticize someone for the music they listen to, everyone has a different taste in Music, But doesn't mean they are Evil. Each person is beautiful in their own very way. People must respect that, and acknowledge them. It is much easier said than done. That's why we will never have peace in this world, cause if we were all equal there is always a bad seed out there that will reunion it for us all.. p.s. give it some thought before you post a comment thanks!!

We'd have to assume, that people can haunt someone as "spirits" after death, first.

I was quite shocked to hear about his death, being a Slayer fan, I wasn't expecting this, the death was sudden and unexpected. As the cause of the death was known, it was clear that the spider bite was not the reason for his death.

You know the WB church right? Whichever musician from whatever genre dies next, they will say "It's the hand of god".

I am a die hard slayer fan own all the vinyls Los CDs n tapes lots of shirts n hoodies got tattoo of slayer on my left arm .. I cried.....

The wb church is a joke lol I know they will say that space jockey

It's upsetting when anyone dies, but I don't think this is really in the right forum.

I could be wrong but just assuming someone is going to haunt a group of people because he was in a death metal band isn't really a paranormal investigation.

No offense.

And anyone from Slayer has got to expect any relgious, Jewish, African American, etc group to picket their funeral. I mean, come on. I don't condone it and I hate WB and wish they'd vanish, but Slayer members have to expect it's going to happen.

Edited by coldethyl
  • Like 2

Totally devasted when I heard the news. I've been a hardcore Slayer fan since 1985, Jeff was a hero of mine. He's the reason I play guitar and the music got me through some tough ****. I have a hard time to wonder how they'll do without his writing skills and move forward as a band. With Paul Bostaph back it is still only 50% original Slayer. Riff in Peace Jeff!!

SSSSLLLLAAAAYYYYEEEERRRR!!!!

I disagree coldethyl. I can't see how anyone would expect their funeral to be picketed regardless of their art. They're dead, they ain't gonna know anyway. WBC was supposed to picket his public memorial service in LA, but they backed out, can't say I blame them. Thousands of Slayer fans would have torn those b******* apart.

I disagree coldethyl. I can't see how anyone would expect their funeral to be picketed regardless of their art. They're dead, they ain't gonna know anyway. WBC was supposed to picket his public memorial service in LA, but they backed out, can't say I blame them. Thousands of Slayer fans would have torn those b******* apart.

Well I disagree that Slayer was art. So there we will disagree.

I didn't say all music.

Well I disagree that Slayer was art. So there we will disagree.

Saying that any type of expression regardless of the medium or style of a particular medium isn't art because you choose not to understand it or accept it is rather daft imho. I hate techno, does that mean I will label it nothing other than bunch of exed out rave kids looping together synth beats and random musings, of course not. Its derived from something that inspired them at one point, and that expression manifests in the medium of their choosing. I'm just happy your in the minority with that comment. R.I.P. Jeff, you will not soon be forgotten for your immortalized in your 3 plus decades of music.

Saying that any type of expression regardless of the medium or style of a particular medium isn't art because you choose not to understand it or accept it is rather daft imho. I hate techno, does that mean I will label it nothing other than bunch of exed out rave kids looping together synth beats and random musings, of course not. Its derived from something that inspired them at one point, and that expression manifests in the medium of their choosing. I'm just happy your in the minority with that comment. R.I.P. Jeff, you will not soon be forgotten for your immortalized in your 3 plus decades of music.

So we agree to disagree.

3ur1mo_zpsa12cde96.jpg

Because you telling me how great you think they were and you think they are art is not going to change my mind. Ever.

I didn't say I was glad the guy was dead, so don't go there either.

Slayer's music isn't Satanic. Kerry King is an atheist. Tom Araya is a practising Catholic. You can't be a Satanist if you're either of those two religious beliefs. Though I bet they get a kick out of the kind of people who think they are Satan worshippers or Nazis or whatever.

I see you are an Alice Cooper fan yourself coldethyl. What do you think Bible belt preachers and pastors have thought of his music and act? A rock musician who wears ghoulish make-up as part of his act? You can be damn sure he has been pegged as some sort of Satanic worshipper despite the fact that he identifies as a born again Christian himself.

No difference - Slayer just push the shocking imagery that much further.

I don't care enough to argue about it tbh. One random song list gave me these lyrics:

SLAYER LYRICS

phone.gifphone_flip.gif

"The Antichrist"

[Lyrics - Hanneman; Music - Hanneman, King]

Screams and nightmares

Of a life I want

Can't see living this lie no

A world I haunt

You've lost all control of my

Heart and soul

Satan holds my future

Watch it unfold

I am the Antichrist

It's what I was meant to be

Your God left me behind

And set my soul to be free

Watching disciples

Of the satanic rule

Pentagram of blood

Holds the jackal's truth

Searching for the answer

Christ hasn't come

Awaiting the final moment

The birth of Satan's son

Screams,

From a life I live

Torment,

Is what I give

Torture,

Is what I love

The down fall,

Of the heavens above

I am the Antichrist

All love is lost

Insanity is what I am

Eternally my soul will rot (rot... rot)

I remember them portraying themselves and enjoying the fact that people THOUGHT they were satanic. I remember a discussion of them touring with some Christian rock band back in the 80's and calling it the Heaven and Hell tour. They find the topics of Satanism and Nazism interesting and their lyrics and have stated that. It's a gimmick, I know that. It doesn't change the fact that their music is what it is. They don't sing about Catholicism.

The meme was a joke because I just don't care about if someone cares about whether or not I think their music is art. I don't care if preachers in the Bible belt (I live in it actually) like or dislike Alice Cooper. I know exactly what they've thought of his music and how people banned his shows etc. Now that he is a Pentecostal preacher his shows have changed a lot. I can speak of this first hand.

I don't know why people care so much if I like Slayer or not. I have despised them and their music since the 80's. I just don't like them, they are not my type of music. Only reason I posted in the thread to begin with was to have it moved out of the ghosts section.

Sheesh. I do not like them Sam I Am.

I don't care enough to argue about it tbh.

You clearly do care enough to argue about it.

You clearly do care enough to argue about it.

Nope, just responding to your post.

So we agree to disagree.

3ur1mo_zpsa12cde96.jpg

Because you telling me how great you think they were and you think they are art is not going to change my mind. Ever.

I didn't say I was glad the guy was dead, so don't go there either.

I never said anything of the sort, I was only commenting on how people can say something isn't art just because they don't like what it depicts. Have you ever heard of the Hip-hop artist Ill Bill? Well he is a Jew born in the slums of New York City, I think you will find this song rather telling...

Funny he mentions the song Angel of Death as his favorite:

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Angel-Of-Death-lyrics-Slayer/682345C6F21300DA482568AA0024F90F

Edited by EnderOTD