Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

Boy, 5, sets grandmother’s house on fire

7 posts in this topic

A 5-year-old boy was probably in big trouble Thursday night after setting his grandmother’s house on fire in Cherokee County.

Firefighters were called to Blake Drive home, located in the Copper Hills subdivision off Knox Bridge Highway, shortly after 2 p.m., according to Tim Cavender, spokesman for the Cherokee County fire department. They arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the two-story home, he said.

Investigators determined that the fire started in a bedroom, where the homeowner’s 5-year-old grandson admitted he’d been playing with a cigarette lighter, Cavender said.

http://www.ajc.com/n...-on-fire/nX2Zq/

1 person likes this

What 5 year old hasn't tried to burn a house down? Right?

Er.. Just me? :)

3 people like this

Betcha his Grandma has forgiven him already and will knock you out if you suggest he be punished! (lol)

4 people like this

I don't suppose it'll be long before the little thug's been diagnosed with some fancy-named 'disorder' or other and given taxpayer-funded psychiatric treatment instead of getting a sharp clip round the ear and sent supperless to bed for being naughty!

6 people like this

It was just before the fourth of July ,and they had gotten me sparklers . I loved sparklers,but they were no fun in the daylight .

I decided that looking at them under my bed ,where it was darker,was prudent.

My bed was old ,and the box spring had a layer of cheesecloth hanging from the underside .

That stuff is quite flammable apparently .

By the time I figured out what was happening,the bed had started to catch fire.

I remember running across the street to my neighbors ,and bursting in their front kitchen ,where they were all sitting,and yelling FIRE ,and just running out .

They helped us put it out . The fire dept was never even called .

My entire room was ruined. Bed ,furniture ,walls ,rug .

Oh yeah ....I think I was more like 8 though .

1 person likes this

My neighbors grandson burnt his barn down. That kid has problems brought on by his step father beating him. Another little girl I knew set the curtains in her room on fire with a cigarette lighter. Dad put it out before it caused much damage. Got to watch those little kids with cigarette lighters even if they are child proof.

Ow, it was not even a real big fire, only a little bit of singing here and there, just wait til he gets into his teens, into crack, into drink and into real fires!