Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man in Black, Ryder Woods

metaltania

Legend has it Man in Black used to rape and murder children and dump their bodies into the pond inside Ryder Woods.

But it is a Legend. I will go find the truth In Ryder Woods Sunday Afternoon and I will post what I experience and video tape my experience n shot lots of pictures. :)

It is a creepy looking woods in woodstock. It is said that a man in black used to rape children and then murder them and throw them in the pond. He then went mad and killed himself. Now if you go to the woods at night, you see a lot of activity by the pond. Steam will rise and you will see orbs, children laughing has been heard, and sightings of the man in black have been seen. -

Woodstock - Ryders Woods

It is a creepy looking woods in woodstock. It is said that a man in black used to rape children and then murder them and throw them in the pond. He then went mad and killed himself. Now if you go to the woods at night you see a lot of activity by the pond. Steam will rise and you will see orbs children laughing has been heard and sightings of the man in black have been seen.

Woodstock, Illinois

There are 405 Haunts nearby

Source: Internet

http://www.theshadowlands.net

Tales of hazy apparitions, a man in black, steam rising from the pond, mysterious lights and orbs, and spooky children’s laughter...these local legends have been around for some time. Once a dense buckthorn jungle, people thought Ryder’s Woods was haunted because it was scary, even in the daytime. Well you should see it now. Ongoing work has transformed it into an open oak woodland and the spring ephemerals will be coming up soon!

http://www.hauntedhovel.com/hauntedplacesinillinois.html

But Like I said I will post more after my experience there tomorrow :)

Can't wait.

• Like 2

Oh no, not "steam rising from a pond" - because, you know, that never happens.

• Like 3

Oh no, not "steam rising from a pond" - because, you know, that never happens.

I never realized that I have a haunted birdbath in my backyard!

• Like 4

lmao Well we went to Ryder Woods, We found nothing but there were some deep holes in the water were the water dropped to 12 feet in some areas of the pond n yet I wonder?

lmao Well we went to Ryder Woods, We found nothing but there were some deep holes in the water were the water dropped to 12 feet in some areas of the pond n yet I wonder?

You really need to pad out your posts with much more detail about the things you're posting about.

When you say you found "deep holes" in the water that "dropped to 12 feet", you should explain exactly what you mean by this, how you found this and why found investigated this.

1. What is the average depth of the pond? It could be anything from 2ft to 11ft for all we know in which case a 12ft depth would simply be a slightly deeper area of the pond and mean nothing.

2. What is the nature of the "deep holes" in the pond? Are they like 1ft diameter tubular holes going straight down several feet from the average depth of much shallower than that or conical depressions a few feet wide and deep or something else?

3. How did you find these deep holes - did you have a reason to investigate the pond and examine the depths of various areas? How did you measure the depth?

Details, details, details. You can't expect any sort of intelligent or useful commentary or opinion on what you post when you're devoid of any sort of detail that would make what you post worth discussing.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 3

I tend to keep my posts with pieces cut out, if you dont like it than why do you respond? Anyways the pond starts of by the bank 1 foot deep than in middle goes to 4 and 1/2 feet, but there are some parts of the pond with deep holes, the water goets really deep and that is a mystery.. but as said I said earlier it will be something I will look into later... Have a nice day peace.

Edited by metaltania

I tend to keep my posts with pieces cut out, if you dont like it than why do you respond? Anyways the pond starts of by the bank 1 foot deep than in middle goes to 4 and 1/2 feet, but there are some parts of the pond with deep holes, the water goets really deep and that is a mystery.. but as said I said earlier it will be something I will look into later... Have a nice day peace.

That doesn't answer any of my queries.

Try taking the questions asked of you, and answering each question individually in such a way that the answers are longer than the question, as is the norm for answering questions. Avoid sarcasm and attitude when possible as they typically don't help answering questions.

Single sentence responses to complex enquiries containing multiple questions are typically not satisfactory as they do not actually answer the questions put forward.

You were asked the following reasonable questions about your claims to which you haven't answered or have only answered with attitude (I've re-worded them for clarity and added extra questions that have occurred to me):

1: When you say the water "dropped to 12ft", what do you mean? What was the water level before dropping to 12ft?

2: When you say you found "deep holes", what exactly do you mean? How did you find those holes in the water? What caused you to search under water for those holes? How and why did you measure the depth of the holes to compare with the rest of the depth of the water?

3: Do you have evidence other than your hearsay to back up anything you have claimed in this and other threads?

These are all reasonable questions to ask about your claims in this thread. Please try answering them.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 3

Welcome to UM.

On behalf of UM please answer these simple generic questions that will save us all from asking. Please do not take offense to these questions, this will help clear up confusion.

0. Are you asking for help or opinions?

We have people who post here with question and then get annoyed when a member gives a different perspective on what may of happened.

1.Where did this happen?

Such as location of place, cross streets, Near a store, if in a building what room.

2. What Time did it happen?

A guess on the time, if not was it Day time, night time, Full moon.

3. What were you doing to witnesses this event?

More detail than i was walking down the street and then i saw...

4. Did you catch it on Camera/Phone?

If not, Why not?

4a. If you caught it on a phone?

Did you know we are aware of Ghost Apps where people put photos into the pictures?

4b. Did you caught an orb?

Read this http://ssprstn.tripod.com/id65.html this gives you a chance see the more hardware causes on how your photo may of caught that orb.

5. Describe paranormal "thing" in detail.

E.G The Slender was roughly 6ft6, he wore a black suit, that covered his body with a white undershirt, he has a tie that is also black. The suit looks roughly like silk and his shoes was clean leather black. His face looked white like a mask but lacked any facial details. His suit would turn into tentacles

6. Did you wake up or was a sleep?

It might be a thing called Sleep Paralysis http://www.webmd.com...sleep-paralysis

7. Did this happen to you or to some one else.

You be amazed people tell us this story and forgot to mention this.

• Like 4

Lol I have evidence n proof I don't need to share my private videos or pictures I have taken

Edited by metaltania

Lol I have evidence n proof I don't need to share my private videos or pictures I have taken

Mhmmm, I have a bag of dust that makes orbs in videos.

• Like 1

So far you haven't even posted anything coherent.

• Like 3