Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

plants won't grow near wifi routers

seeder

I suspect it's very much dependent upon nearness to the wifi device. Just as the young woman noticed the effect of the radiation on her subsequent behavior from sleeping with her phone next to her head, so too the plants suffer similar effects. That's why it's called radiation, after all. :tu:

There is a related phenomenon to this, called the Baxster Effect, in which it was determined that plants, like humans, exhibit galvanic skin response.

And I found a piccy

cellphone-radiation7.jpeg

Image taken from below source that states:

How to Avoid Mobile Phone Radiation?

"The World Health Organization has recently classified Mobile Phones as “carcinogenic hazards.” Carcinogenic Hazards are the objects which pose significant cancer risk to humans.

read more

http://www.technojourney.com/gadgets/how-avoid-mobile-radiation/

Im not so bothered really, I text mostly!!

• Like 2

Thought I may as well post this vid for any who havent seen it yet, Popping corn with cell phone radiation!

spoiler

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2008/07/09/carroll.cellphone.popcorn.cnn

• Like 1

And I found a piccy

"The World Health Organization has recently classified Mobile Phones as “carcinogenic hazards.” Carcinogenic Hazards are the objects which pose significant cancer risk to humans.

read more

http://www.technojou...bile-radiation/

I'd like to see a heat pic after a 15 min "conversion" with just a piece of palstic held to the ear that's the size of a cell phone. A pic proves the preconceived notion, so it's a fact, regardless on how thorough the tesing was.

• Like 3

And another thing, how did the test go from cell phones to a router. You don't need a router to have a working cell phone.

Thought I may as well post this vid for any who havent seen it yet, Popping corn with cell phone radiation!

[media=]

[/media]

spoiler

http://edition.cnn.c...one.popcorn.cnn

Sorry friend, that's fake. Go try it yourself.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2008/06/cellphones-cant/

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/cell-popcorn.htm

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2008/06/10/cell-phone-popcorn.htm

So on, so forth. Don't believe everything you see. I would of thought it was pretty obvious that it was fake, but, apparently not.

When Mobile phones first started getting small and the screens still only had black text and a yellow back light, my friend got his first phone. He noticed almost instantly that he got headaches when he would be talking with someone on the phone on the same side the would be on. Then when Wifi started to become prominent he noticed he could feel wifi off laptops. He could tell if our laptops were connecting wirelessly or not. If we played a game on the two laptops he would have to stop as the constant drone of felling the wifi caused would be too much. Even though my friend and I are quite logical I always had my doubts until it happened to me. I started texting a girl and decided to keep the phone in my pocket all the time, before I kept the phone away just in case my friend was telling the truth. Obviously I didn't notice any of these things. I was texting this girl non stop at all hours for the next month and started to notice a slight acidic burning sensation in my thigh right under where my mobile would lay in my pocket. I dismissed it at first but after a while i noticed a pain in my right testical started to develop aswell. It slowly got worse over the days and the real moment of realization for me was when I could feel the acidicness and right testical pain become apparent before a text even registered in my phone. I could predict when I was getting a text just by the pain. I would think "Am I getting a text?" Then a the text would come. I quickly kep the phone away from me at all times except for texting. The pain in my testical worsened and I was extremely woried that I had cancer or something. It came to a point I went to my sister and told her about it, my mind would keep visualising of a soft brown spot of an apple and that what my testical was like, this soft brown mushy thing. I wanted to go to the doctors but it was late on friday and and a bank holiday and they wouldn't be open until tuesday. Despite my fearful desire to go I decided to see what would happen over the weekend with the phone away. I thought the damage had been done and that was the end of me. The pain subsided much like a half life effect. The severity of the pain went but the more that it went away the longer it took to go away. After a few months I would have faint reminses of the pain every so often, the next year I would get it three or four times. the next year even less. I don't say the half life effect to relate it to radiation, it's just away to describe how it went away. It susbsided the most after the weekend, so much so my want to see the doctor seemed foolish.

I came across documentary piece on an irish show called nationwide about a farmer who couldn't sleep ever since a telephone mast was erected on his land. The company approached him to erect one of their telephone masts and there would be a three year contract and plus he gets paid so he said yes. He noticed soon after that he had trouble sleeping. Tossing and turning and waking up in sweat. Just constant irratable sleep, he didn't know why he was like this, he went to doctor and there was nothing, so he noticed that the sleep incidences happened around the erection of the mast so he decided to drive away from his house to sleep. He had the best nights sleep in months in his jeep down the road from his house. He consistently sleeps fine away from the mast that he does in his house which is near the house. This piece I saw was back in the 90's before anything of what happened in the first paragraph.

There was an episode dedicated to the issue on an Irish radio station called Today FM "The last word with Matt Cooper" and people rang in talking about their experiences, one guy rang in saying he was a business man and had been using mobiles sine the 80's. He'd basically been using phones since they came out and all of a sudden out of no where he just started to get intense nausia and headaches from anything wireless. TV's, mobiles, Wifi, wifi type chips in cars etc. His body just seemed to be repulesed by anthing with a field. He had to get his secetary to find him hotels with no Wifi just so he could get a nights sleep when travelling in europe, in meetings everyone would have to knock off their wifi in their laptops and phones. The whole reason the show came about was because there was a company that would do a test to see if your house was at a safe recommended distance from a mast or something. As it transpired on the show the comapny was basically owned by the mobile company so everytime the rusults would show that your safe because the mobile company owned them. It even says in the mobile manuals to have the phone a specified distance away from your head when in use.

I don't care what people think but I've come across more than enough evidence for me to know that wifi, mobiles and other **** can harm you and have an effects. I honestly think it's the next pandemic. I would love to coat my room with metalic sheets to block masts and wifi like a microwave does. Mobiles can't get a signal in a microwave. I know of a place in Dublin where more than four people got brain cancer plus people with other cancers in an housing estate, there's telephone mast on one side, electrical hub on another side, and over head power lines. They're bombarded on all sides. It was a 30 second piece on Irish news and then was never heard from again. If you hold a flourescent bulb standing under high power lines the electrical field generated actually lights the gas in the bulb. If you add the fact that our diet is atrocious this adds to our bodies inability to fight these consistant fields. Yes there may be fields and frequencies all around us but in close proximity to mobiles and masts the fields far higher than normal enviromental levels.

• Like 1

[...]

I don't care what people think but I've come across more than enough evidence for me to know that wifi, mobiles and other **** can harm you and have an effects. I honestly think it's the next pandemic.

Ok, great - but if it was a pandemic, everyone would be complaining of constant headaches, tumors, etc.

I'd like to see a heat pic after a 15 min "conversion" with just a piece of palstic held to the ear that's the size of a cell phone. A pic proves the preconceived notion, so it's a fact, regardless on how thorough the tesing was.

Put your hand next to your head for 1 minute and show us the thermal. I am sure it would be very similar.

• Like 1

Sorry friend, that's fake. Go try it yourself

So on, so forth. Don't believe everything you see. I would of thought it was pretty obvious that it was fake, but, apparently not.

haha, I dunno... :w00t: another comment without properly reading my post. Re read it again - and under the vid...I wrote 'spoiler' and offered a link to precisely how it was done! Im not stupid enough to believe in viral vids...

Ok, great - but if it was a pandemic, everyone would be complaining of constant headaches, tumors, etc.

People are already. The media isen't listening, There wouldn't be this topic at all if it wasn't for this article and your ability to even reply to such a post wouldn't have even occoured because the media is miles away focusing on the kardashians. Technology is becoming more and more wireless and wireless is harder and harder to escape from and if people start to become sensitive to wireless frequences and they can't escape them then that's when it will become a pandemic. It's too hard to notice now people b****ing how it can be caused by other things but in the future when Wifi is rediculious and unascapable the ailments will be clear and that wifi cause them. It's an up coming pandemic.

Edited by Mbyte

Anyone ever notice that the generations prior to ours were much healthier, at least until the advent of modern technology and environmental toxicity which occured when they were already past their prime.

Edited by WoIverine

People are already. The media isen't listening, There wouldn't be this topic at all if it wasn't for this article and your ability to even reply to such a post wouldn't have even occoured because the media is miles away focusing on the kardashians. Technology is becoming more and more wireless and wireless is harder and harder to escape from and if people start to become sensitive to wireless frequences and they can't escape them then that's when it will become a pandemic. It's too hard to notice now people b****ing how it can be caused by other things but in the future when Wifi is rediculious and unascapable the ailments will be clear and that wifi cause them. It's an up coming pandemic.

I get what you're saying and you might be right. Maybe there has been a sharp influx in the number of wireless/radiation related illnesses. What I'm saying is that I don't personally know anyone, at all, that constantly complains of symptoms that could be associated to wireless waves. So relative to me and my world, and the people within my world, and their friends, this is a non-issue.

And I found a piccy

read more

One must have a cellphone to do business these days, but I don't use mine too much, I hope. And when I can, I turn on the speaker function so that I don't have to hold it next to my head. With microwave, proximity to the transmitter means everything.

Here in the US, one of the incidents that made the public aware of the harm from microwave radiation years ago, even before cellphones were everywhere, was the number of traffic cops who ended up with testicular cancer. It turned out that when not actually pointing the radar gun at a target vehicle, they were resting it in their crotch while it was powered up. High incidence of such cancers resulted, and before long they changed their habits.

• Like 2

And I found a piccy

read more

Wow, had no idea.

• Like 2

On the one hand, I know a gentleman with a Ph.D in science (although chemistry I should say) who says that these routers are harmless, that they generate radio waves for the most part. We asked him about this when our water company started installing routers on their meters instead of using meter readers and a friend who was pregnant was having a fit over it. In fact parts of the country were up in arms over this, but he said that it was all nonsense.

That said, I know an attorney who developed cancer of the brain, and he used his cell phone more then almost anyone I have ever known.

Anecdotal to be sure, and possibly coincidental, but it does make one wonder about the "safety" of all this radiation. We are the first few generations to live in a world bombarded by radio, microwave and other wavelengths of the spectrum on a daily and nearly continual basis. It's like the whole western world is unwittingly participating in a huge science experiment whose final result is as yet unknown.

• Like 1

Look, for anyone who's worried about the potential of radiation from your phones causing cancers, you always have the option of using a small bluetooth earpiece. All smartphones have bluetooth capabilities now, there are alternatives if radiation concerns you...

Look, for anyone who's worried about the potential of radiation from your phones causing cancers, you always have the option of using a small bluetooth earpiece. All smartphones have bluetooth capabilities now, there are alternatives if radiation concerns you...

But as Bluetooth is wireless too, it no doubt is a wifi device as well? But plugged to your ear for greater periods than a typical phone call?

• Like 1

Cell Phones and Cancer Risk

Key Points

• Cell phones emit radiofrequency energy, a form of non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation, which can be absorbed by tissues closest to where the phone is held.
  • The amount of radiofrequency energy a cell phone user is exposed to depends on the technology of the phone, the distance between the phone’s antenna and the user, the extent and type of use, and the user’s distance from cell phone towers.
  • Studies thus far have not shown a consistent link between cell phone use and cancers of the brain, nerves, or other tissues of the head or neck. More research is needed because cell phone technology and how people use cell phones have been changing rapidly.

How common is brain cancer? Has the incidence of brain cancer changed over time?

Brain cancer incidence and mortality (death) rates have changed little in the past decade. In the United States, 22,910 new diagnoses and 13,700 deaths from brain cancer are estimated for 2012.

The 5-year relative survival for brain cancers diagnosed from 2002 through 2008 was 35 percent (24). This is the percentage of people diagnosed with brain cancer who will still be alive 5 years after diagnosis compared with the survival of a person of the same age and sex who does not have cancer.

The risk of developing brain cancer increases with age. From 2005 through 2009, there were fewer than 5 brain cancer cases for every 100,000 people in the United States under age 65, compared with approximately 19 cases for every 100,000 people in the United States who were ages 65 or older (24).

bold mine .... wonder what's the statistics before cell phones were common ....

link

Reprinted with permission from Experience Life Magazine.

1. When talking on your cell phone, your safest bet is speakerphone mode with your phone a hand’s length away. Not quite as good (because it still emits some radiation), but better than holding the phone to your head, is a wired headset. A Bluetooth emitter is your third choice. It will deliver lower levels of microwave radiation than your cell phone, but more than the wired headset. Turn your headset off when the phone is not in use.

2. Try not to keep your phone turned on next to your body throughout the day. Or, if you must, position the cell phone so that the antenna, which emits radiation, is facing away from you.

13. Beware of radio-frequency-based smart meters, increasingly being installed by utilities around the United States to control power consumption within a house. They have come under suspicion as a significant source of electromagnetic radiation. For more information, please see www.smartmeterdangers.org.

there are concerns ... enough of a concern to be taken seriously ....

link

and not only health concerns ...

COMPROMISING ELECTROMAGNETIC EMANATIONS OF WIRED AND WIRELESS KEYBOARDS

Computer keyboards are often used to transmit sensitive information such as username/password (e.g. to log into computers, to do e-banking money transfer, etc.). A vulnerability on these devices will definitely kill the security of any computer or ATM.

Wired and wireless keyboards emit electromagnetic waves, because they contain electronic components. These electromagnetic radiation could reveal sensitive information such as keystrokes. Although Kuhn already tagged keyboards as risky, we did not find any experiment or evidence proving or refuting the practical feasibility to remotely eavesdrop keystrokes, especially on modern keyboards.

...... UPDATE: This paper has been published in 18th USENIX Security Symposium 2009 in August 2009. You can download it here or here (local version) . This paper received the Outstanding Student Paper Award!

link

comments on this youtube page is worth a glance >youtube.com/watch?v=2wnMvc0wnlg<

• Like 1

Anyone ever notice that the generations prior to ours were much healthier, at least until the advent of modern technology and environmental toxicity which occured when they were already past their prime.

No, I have noticed just the opposite. Not only are we healthier in our 30s-60s we also look considerably younger.

On the one hand, I know a gentleman with a Ph.D in science (although chemistry I should say) who says that these routers are harmless, that they generate radio waves for the most part. We asked him about this when our water company started installing routers on their meters instead of using meter readers and a friend who was pregnant was having a fit over it. In fact parts of the country were up in arms over this, but he said that it was all nonsense.

That said, I know an attorney who developed cancer of the brain, and he used his cell phone more then almost anyone I have ever known.

Anecdotal to be sure, and possibly coincidental, but it does make one wonder about the "safety" of all this radiation. We are the first few generations to live in a world bombarded by radio, microwave and other wavelengths of the spectrum on a daily and nearly continual basis. It's like the whole western world is unwittingly participating in a huge science experiment whose final result is as yet unknown.

To cause cancer radiation has to have small enough waves to invade cells and damage DNA. Cell phones and routers do not have small enough waves no matter the anecdotal evidence.

To cause cancer radiation has to have small enough waves to invade cells and damage DNA. Cell phones and routers do not have small enough waves no matter the anecdotal evidence.

That may be true, however it does not explain the results of the seed germination in the experiment. This assumes the test of science of course: that it is testable, verifiable, repeatable and falsifiable. If it meets these criteria then these larger wavelengths do have at least some effect on living organisms, even if plants are not human beings.

I have two routers running wi-fi at home, no effect on nearby houseplants

• Like 1

I love my plants and I have a cactus right next to my router, and its doing as well as it ever did, better in fact, it now hisses at the cat, turns itself around, and catches flies! :w00t:

But joking aside, maybe its just a cress thing?

Ditto

seedlings demonstrates the effects better than mature plants ....

if you can tell how healthy your plants are ... you may see that its not as healthy as before ....

~

• Like 1