Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Endangered whale used for Japan dog treats

Still Waters

There is NO Buyer ATM is there? Iceland will have to feed their dogs triple this year wont they. Isn't that what you wanted, the Japanese to take responsibility? When they do, you're still not happy?

Smells like personal agenda. Maybe something to do with keeping a pathetic TV show afloat I am guessing.

If you have evidence that dogs in the US are eating Fin whale caught by Iceland as you said, cite it. If you don't have any evidence, why did you say that?

Japan did the right thing by pulling that contract. But if it's legal in Japan, why did they? Because people are upset about it, that's why. Read the article. It's hardly the anti-Japanese position you're blowing smoke at me about.

Because you said Australian Sovereign waters are being breached, this shows you where our waters are, and that they are not being breached, this is our waters, just like I asked you in the last thread, can you make some marks on it that show where Japan are breaching our waters? That is why you want us to send out Navy out is it not?

I honestly thought that did not need in depth explaining.

Find the bureaucrats in your country who agree with you that Japan isn't whaling in Australian waters. I want to hear these public announcements to give you the first shred of credibility on this issue. You're spouting this nonsense at me and it's all you, brother. I don't hear these blind denials about what the Japanese aren't doing coming out of Australia so you'll have to cite some evidence for that as well.

Don't tell me about what I care about pal. You know nothing about me. Asking ridiculous questions like "What on earth would I start threads about then?" proves it.

I know you have a red neck attitude toward justice, I know you condone violence, I know you have no idea about International law or sovereign boundaries, I know you have little understanding of the history of whaling, even after I have patiently laid it out for you time and again, and I know your arguments all come form the Sea Shepherd site, and I know you tell others these pirates should be supported due to your narrow understanding of the situation, and I know you constantly call on my country to fight wars you want to start.

It was a rhetorical question, sorry, I keep jumping ahead of you, I will try very hard to slow down a bit so you can keep up.

Edited by psyche101

If you have evidence that dogs in the US are eating Fin whale caught by Iceland as you said, cite it. If you don't have any evidence, why did you say that?

I never said they were, do you ever read a post in full? Or do you read one or two words of everything you look at and make the rest up to suit you?

I said WHY are JAPAN being vilified when this is ONE company that has US offices, and then went on to speculate Wouldn't it be embarrassing IF the contracts had come from a US office after all? Can you answer that? Why does the headline read:

Instead of the actual truth, which is:

Tokyo Based Company Buys whale meat from Iceland to be used for dog treats which will be Internationally Sold

Gee, I wonder what will create shock value and sell more papers????

They were on a website remember? Not in Japanese stores. Potentially, I could have bought some here and had it shipped.

But hey, no agenda there is there.

I typed that really slowly, hopefully you will be able to read it in full this time.

Japan did the right thing by pulling that contract. But if it's legal in Japan, why did they? Because people are upset about it, that's why. Read the article.

I gave you the article you numpty.

Yes they did do the right ting. This is how you get things happening with Japan, you go to the negotiating table. Their pride took a hit, hint hint Yam, why are the Japanese Whaling? Pride. What have I been saying all along?

Yet you still think throwing stinky butter is a better idea?

It's hardly the anti-Japanese position you're blowing smoke at me about.

YES IT IS, explain the above headlines.

Edited by psyche101

Find the bureaucrats in your country who agree with you that Japan isn't whaling in Australian waters. I want to hear these public announcements to give you the first shred of credibility on this issue. You're spouting this nonsense at me and it's all you, brother. I don't hear these blind denials about what the Japanese aren't doing coming out of Australia so you'll have to cite some evidence for that as well.

I gave you maps and a link the the AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT WEBSITE. Not public announcement - LAW.

That's law no matter what party is in Yam. What you propose is I go down a step and ask some pollies for personal opinions? Get that from Watson's tactics did you by any chance? What's that prove? You could not be more nonsensical, you want me to avoid law, and ask personal opinion until I get what you want to hear? LOL.

What the Japanese aren't doing coming out of Australia?

Could I trouble yo to stick with plain English please? Or is the rest of that sentence still in your head?

I gave you maps and a link the the AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT WEBSITE. Not public announcement - LAW.

That's law no matter what party is in Yam. What you propose is I go down a step and ask some pollies for personal opinions? Get that from Watson's tactics did you by any chance? What's that prove? You could not be more nonsensical, you want me to avoid law, and ask personal opinion until I get what you want to hear? LOL.

What the Japanese aren't doing coming out of Australia?

Could I trouble yo to stick with plain English please? Or is the rest of that sentence still in your head?

So you can't name a single bureaucrat in Australia who agrees with you about what Japan isn't doing. With zero evidence to support your claims, why should I believe you?

Your country is taking Japan to court. Wake up.

I never said they were, do you ever read a post in full? Or do you read one or two words of everything you look at and make the rest up to suit you?

I said WHY are JAPAN being vilified when this is ONE company that has US offices, and then went on to speculate Wouldn't it be embarrassing IF the contracts had come from a US office after all? Can you answer that? Why does the headline read:

Instead of the actual truth, which is:

Tokyo Based Company Buys whale meat from Iceland to be used for dog treats which will be Internationally Sold

Gee, I wonder what will create shock value and sell more papers????

They were on a website remember? Not in Japanese stores. Potentially, I could have bought some here and had it shipped.

But hey, no agenda there is there.

I typed that really slowly, hopefully you will be able to read it in full this time.

I gave you the article you numpty.

Yes they did do the right ting. This is how you get things happening with Japan, you go to the negotiating table. Their pride took a hit, hint hint Yam, why are the Japanese Whaling? Pride. What have I been saying all along?

Yet you still think throwing stinky butter is a better idea?

YES IT IS, explain the above headlines.

I'm not defending the title of that article or the author or the wording or any of that. Why are you attacking me about that?

I think physically blocking the Japanese fleet and saving the lives of hundreds of whales in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary until Japan is made to heel in court is the better idea. That has nothing to do with this thread though. I'm not sure why Sea Shepherd is married to Japan here. We can discuss Sea Shepherd in context of this story, or we can discuss other buyers of this whale meat, or we can discuss how Japan pulled the plug on the purchase. Being verbally abused by you hopefully isn't going to happen much longer though.

If we have to discuss Japan here, then I'd like to know if they're not going to consume Fin whale caught by Iceland because people will get upset over it, then why are Japanese whalers poaching Fin whales themselves?

So you can't name a single bureaucrat in Australia who agrees with you about what Japan isn't doing.

Why should I? Because you demand it?? Ohh Lord Yam what is thy bidding?

I do not care about personal opinions, they do not matter one whit in a court of law.

Why do you think personal opinion makes a difference here?

As I said, elections are coming up, the Labour Government will milk this with every hypocritical bone in their body. The will clam they give a Rodents about Whales, but they do not. I just subscribed the the Wold Widlife Fund like an hour ago when two lasses came to the door looking for fund because the Australian Government is recognised as having no conservational skills whatsoever. The WWF people themselves siad so. We taxpayers have to look after it for them.

With zero evidence to support your claims, why should I believe you?

So you do not think actual law is supportive of my claims, you insist on someones personal opinion instead? How does that work Yam?

Follow this link Yam, what's is not evidenced there? IS it not official enough for you?

I think you want me to dig up a personal opinion because you know the LAW does not agree with you - right?

Your country is taking Japan to court. Wake up.

And New Zealand is leading the charge with a better case, perhaps you need to get a grip? And the only hope we have of real success is reliant o the actions of GREENPEACE, not that bunch of idiot pirates you love to watch on the telly.

Why should I? Because you demand it?? Ohh Lord Yam what is thy bidding?

I do not care about personal opinions, they do not matter one whit in a court of law.

Why do you think personal opinion makes a difference here?

As I said, elections are coming up, the Labour Government will milk this with every hypocritical bone in their body. The will clam they give a Rodents about Whales, but they do not. I just subscribed the the Wold Widlife Fund like an hour ago when two lasses came to the door looking for fund because the Australian Government is recognised as having no conservational skills whatsoever. The WWF people themselves siad so. We taxpayers have to look after it for them.

So you do not think actual law is supportive of my claims, you insist on someones personal opinion instead? How does that work Yam?

Follow this link Yam, what's is not evidenced there? IS it not official enough for you?

I think you want me to dig up a personal opinion because you know the LAW does not agree with you - right?

And New Zealand is leading the charge with a better case, perhaps you need to get a grip? And the only hope we have of real success is reliant o the actions of GREENPEACE, not that bunch of idiot pirates you love to watch on the telly.

I don't care about microanalyzing Australian politics. I'm not limiting your search to any one political party. I'm asking you for ANYONE who agrees with you. Bureaucrats make the law, they interpret the law, they enforce the law. You can't name anyone in Australia who has publicly confirmed what you're trying to jam down my throat with zero evidence to show for it.

"Elections are coming up." Well there's a great excuse for having no figure from Australia who publicly agrees with you.

I'm not defending the title of that article or the author or the wording or any of that. Why are you attacking me about that?

Jus trying to help you understand my post after you made an inaccurate accusation. Which you did. Has it not cleared that up for you?

Damn you are hard work, if you would only read in full before replying..........

I think physically blocking the Japanese fleet and saving the lives of hundreds of whales in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary until Japan is made to heel in court is the better idea. That has nothing to do with this thread though. I'm not sure why Sea Shepherd is married to Japan here. We can discuss Sea Shepherd in context of this story, or we can discuss other buyers of this whale meat, or we can discuss how Japan pulled the plug on the purchase. Being verbally abused by you hopefully isn't going to happen much longer though.

Well it has not worked in the entire history of it's existence.

Embarrassing Japanese pride does. You go with what works.

The Sea Shepherd was not mentioned in the post you replied to at all. A tactic they used was. Slow down a little more and you will be getting entire posts, which will be a step forward for both of us.

That's what you call abuse? Rather effeminate are we? Easily upset?

If we have to discuss Japan here, then I'd like to know if they're not going to consume Fin whale caught by Iceland because people will get upset over it, then why are Japanese whalers poaching Fin whales themselves?

Good God man, how long does it take for the penny to drop?

I don't care about microanalyzing Australian politics. I'm not limiting your search to any one political party. I'm asking you for ANYONE who agrees with you. Bureaucrats make the law, they interpret the law, they enforce the law. You can't name anyone in Australia who has publicly confirmed what you're trying to jam down my throat with zero evidence to show for it.

"Elections are coming up." Well there's a great excuse for having no figure from Australia who publicly agrees with you.

THE LAW agrees with me. The Maps come form the Australian Government Website!!!!!!

Good God man!! You did not even bother to click the link did you? You just saw maps that refute the Sovereign rhetoric you have been spouting and went into defence mode! No matter WHAT PARTY is in power this LAW stands. Do you get that? No matter the outcome of the next election, those maps do not change. The information I gave you is over and above someone's opinion! I do not care about opinion, and it seems neither do you?

I don't care about microanalyzing Australian politics. I'm not limiting your search to any one political party.

I went over the heads of ALL parties to the common recognised LAW. Do you get that? That supports my debate more deeply than a billion politician opinions!!! It is as strong evidence as you can possibly demand!

Jus trying to help you understand my post after you made an inaccurate accusation. Which you did. Has it not cleared that up for you?

Damn you are hard work, if you would only read in full before replying..........

Well it has not worked in the entire history of it's existence.

Embarrassing Japanese pride does. You go with what works.

The Sea Shepherd was not mentioned in the post you replied to at all. A tactic they used was. Slow down a little more and you will be getting entire posts, which will be a step forward for both of us.

That's what you call abuse? Rather effeminate are we? Easily upset?

Good God man, how long does it take for the penny to drop?

I have no idea what inaccurate accusation you're talking about.

Whether or not Japanese pride gets embarrassed is incidental to me. They're not the only ones with pride, if that's what even matters. Japan can't get anywhere near even half of its own self-imposed quota of whale harvest precisely because we're "going with what works", thanks.

I would say you're past the point of being reported for TOS violations already but I don't report people because I respect freedom of speech that much, so if a moderator sends you a message, it'll be someone else reporting you on my behalf or a moderator taking action on their own accord. You need to chillax and learn how to debate without abusing people, bud. If you have this much problem with the content or subject line of this article as presented, you might try ranting at Still Waters about it.

THE LAW agrees with me. The Maps come form the Australian Government Website!!!!!!

Good God man!! You did not even bother to click the link did you? You just saw maps that refute the Sovereign rhetoric you have been spouting and went into defence mode! No matter WHAT PARTY is in power this LAW stands. Do you get that? No matter the outcome of the next election, those maps do not change. The information I gave you is over and above someone's opinion! I do not care about opinion, and it seems neither do you?

I don't care about microanalyzing Australian politics. I'm not limiting your search to any one political party.

I went over the heads of ALL parties to the common recognised LAW. Do you get that? That supports my debate more deeply than a billion politician opinions!!! It is as strong evidence as you can possibly demand!

Those maps from the Australian government do not oppose or obstruct a single word I've said.

They cost us money, and the PM, as much of a post turtle that she is, even she had to say these men are acting badly:

Japanese authorities have decided not to press charges against the three men. With an Australian customs boat setting off on a journey of several days to reach the Shonan Maru 2, Gillard warned that the rescue should not encourage activists to continue breaking the law in their demonstrations. “Let me make it clear that the conduct of these three Australian men, in my view, is unacceptable,” Gillard was quoted as saying in the Australian.

Earlier this week, Sea Shepherd founder Paul Watson had been critical of Australia for not acting more quickly in support of its own citizens. After the administration announced it was sending a vessel to fetch the men, Watson reportedly questioned why Canberra had not contacted his organization to do the job, as Sea Shepherd was already in the area and could have rescued the trio without the high cost of a government mission. He said the Australian effort, in the end, amounted to an attempt to “demonize” Sea Shepherd’s anti-whaling cause.

LINK - A Peeved Australia Sends Boat to Fetch Anti-Whaling Activists

We don't want the activists, we don't want your help. Paul Watson and his band of Pirates are not welcome. We want them to leave and let us deal with our own problems. Go to some other International waters and Harass the Japanese there would you lot? Leave us out of it and shoot your TV show closer to your home.

They cost us money, and the PM, as much of a post turtle that she is, even she had to say these men are acting badly:

Japanese authorities have decided not to press charges against the three men. With an Australian customs boat setting off on a journey of several days to reach the Shonan Maru 2, Gillard warned that the rescue should not encourage activists to continue breaking the law in their demonstrations. “Let me make it clear that the conduct of these three Australian men, in my view, is unacceptable,” Gillard was quoted as saying in the Australian.

Earlier this week, Sea Shepherd founder Paul Watson had been critical of Australia for not acting more quickly in support of its own citizens. After the administration announced it was sending a vessel to fetch the men, Watson reportedly questioned why Canberra had not contacted his organization to do the job, as Sea Shepherd was already in the area and could have rescued the trio without the high cost of a government mission. He said the Australian effort, in the end, amounted to an attempt to “demonize” Sea Shepherd’s anti-whaling cause.

LINK - A Peeved Australia Sends Boat to Fetch Anti-Whaling Activists

We don't want the activists, we don't want your help. Paul Watson and his band of Pirates are not welcome. We want them to leave and let us deal with our own problems. Go to some other International waters and Harass the Japanese there would you lot? Leave us out of it and shoot your TV show closer to your home.

When the elections weren't coming up, what Australian bureaucrats agreed with you that Japan isn't whaling in the territorial waters repeatedly cited?

I have no idea what inaccurate accusation you're talking about.

That you think personal opinion trumps law.

Whether or not Japanese pride gets embarrassed is incidental to me. They're not the only ones with pride, if that's what even matters. Japan can't get anywhere near even half of its own self-imposed quota of whale harvest precisely because we're "going with what works", thanks.

Why are the Japanese Whaling Yam?

Japanese Culture and Pride

This history is an important part of why the Japanese continue to hunt whales. Attempts to stop the nation's whaling are perceived by many as a threat to Japanese culture. According to its defenders, eating whale meat is an old and impenetrable Japanese tradition. "No one has the right to criticize the food culture of another people," said Matayuki Komatsu of Japan's Fisheries Agency.

A sense of pride also fuels Japan's commitment to whaling. To some, the words and actions of those who oppose Japanese whaling are "culturally arrogant" and unnecessarily harsh. This only serves to strengthen the country's resolve to maintain its whaling, according to some.

LINK - Animal Planet Whale Wars

A sense of pride also fuels Japan's commitment to whaling. To some, the words and actions of those who oppose Japanese whaling are "culturally arrogant" and unnecessarily harsh. This only serves to strengthen the country's resolve to maintain its whaling, according to some.

LINK - Whale Wars - The Whale Debate

Think about it Yam. If you at least attempt to understand the people, you might understand why they do what they do, and maybe reason with them. They in turn would be impressed with the effort to understand them.

I would say you're past the point of being reported for TOS violations already but I don't report people because I respect freedom of speech that much, so if a moderator sends you a message, it'll be someone else reporting you on my behalf or a moderator taking action on their own accord. You need to chillax and learn how to debate without abusing people, bud. If you have this much problem with the content or subject line of this article as presented, you might try ranting at Still Waters about it.

I think your a bit of a wuss to be honest. Your not too good with manners yourself. Thats how this got as acidic as it has. Takes two to tango Yam. But I bet you see yourself as a some sort of poor hard done by crusader huh?

Still Waters is a legend. I have been reading her posts for years. That she brings all this to us so we may be aware of the world around us I count as a generous act. I have not problem with the content, but I seem to be the only one reading it. All people can say is "Why does Japan do this" when you and I can clearly see, Japan has nothing to do with this story, a Tokyo Based company did, but no longer does. This is the mindset that keeps whaling alive.

When the elections weren't coming up, what Australian bureaucrats agreed with you that Japan isn't whaling in the territorial waters repeatedly cited?

The ones who write the maps Yam. That;s all that matters in a court of law. Emotions do not.

Edited by psyche101

With a TV show misrepresenting the situation, and this particular Government knowing the peoples addiction to electronic media, seeming as that is how they managed to get elected, you really think that is far fetched do you?

Those maps from the Australian government do not oppose or obstruct a single word I've said.

They defy your mythical claims about Sovereignty and the Japanese whaling in Australian Waters. Like I said, can you show me on that map where Whaling is taking place within Australian waters?

No, you cannot. Because the claim is not true. The areas you have claimed are no more our waters than I own moon land.

Edited by psyche101

They defy your mythical claims about Sovereignty and the Japanese whaling in Australian Waters. Like I said, can you show me on that map where Whaling is taking place within Australian waters?

No, you cannot. Because the claim is not true. The areas you have claimed are no more our waters than I own moon land.

You wish I cannot, but I already have earlier this year, and since then another bad case of amnesia has returned. The lines on those government maps you just made such a big deal about and somehow still think disturbed a word I said were also breached by the illegal Japanese whalers. You going to deny that too? Just this year, Shonan Maru No. 2 entered Australia's exclusive economic zone near Macquarie Island in the Antarctic Ocean. The Australian embassy in Tokyo protested to the Japanese government. You want to appease these criminals so bad, you refuse to acknowledge your own country's sovereignty and that's sad. Limiting their fishing in US waters is "cheesing them off"? You act like you don't know the meaning of the word sovereignty and you have zero chance of changing my mind with baseless denials of Japan's violations and personal attacks against me. Keep pounding your head into the wall if you must but you've made the opposite of progress since you began your tirades.

Again, I defy you to show me these bureaucrats from Australia who would agree that the areas "I have claimed" are no more their waters than you own the moon. Use the internet already. You're just going to open up another train wreck of personal attacks against me in response to the evidence arrayed against you because you've got nothing.

Edited by Yamato

That you think personal opinion trumps law.

I "think" that the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary exists, and that Japan whales in it. All this ugly banter about the article's wording, the title, Australian government maps of the EEZ, Greenpeace, New Zealand, the elections coming up, and all the "you you you you you" BS that has nothing to do with me or anything I said, notwithstanding.

Edited by Yamato

Can we try to keep the discussion civil and free of personal attacks.

Thank you.

• Like 1