Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Still Waters

Pub staff catch 'ghost' on CCTV

13 posts in this topic

Stunned staff at a Black Country pub believe they have snared a spirit... on CCTV.

They say there can be no other explanation for the strange glowing, misty orb that dances in the darkened bar of Wolverhampton’s Talisman.

The ghostly shape could be linked to a 30-year-old tragedy at the watering hole.

http://www.birmingha...t-video-4015948

Wheres the video?

Also, unless something has happened during the night which would warrant checking the cctv, eg: a break in, how many do go through the cctv footage for the whole night the next day?

“They were unaware of the strange light until they looked at the CCTV. They were shocked, I can tell you."

Looks like someone is trying to drum up some business cos takings are down.

3 people like this

Wheres the video?

In the link I posted.

Reminds me of (uplit) water reflecting off surfaces in a room.

I see there is a TV, next to the CCTV?

It looks like steam coming out of a pipe to me.

But someone will say it looks like something better and I'll agree with that.

Looking at the plastic bar area, that's one place I wouldn't be seen dead in!

Wheres the video?

Also, unless something has happened during the night which would warrant checking the cctv, eg: a break in, how many do go through the cctv footage for the whole night the next day?

“They were unaware of the strange light until they looked at the CCTV. They were shocked, I can tell you."

Incredibly enough, the believer(me) sides with the skeptic(you) on this one... Just doesn't make sense for them to be like "I'm just going to check the videos".

PR These days lol

1 person likes this

There's a shimmering effect all over the picture. Whatever is causing it is probably causing a similar effect on a dimly lit area of the picture where the wobbly misty thing is.

Given that this is low-quality video footage of a TV screen, it's hard to say a lot really.

Guess it's that time of year for pubs to catch ghosts on their CCTV.

Wheres the video?

I thought the same. It took forever for the embedded video to load on the page.

Almost definitely some kind of light anomaly. They're in a pub. Water/smoke/lights are going to be all over.

1 person likes this

In the link I posted.

Its still not loaded, only got the pic of the pub owner. Will come back to it when I have the time to sit and wait for it to load.

Thankyou tendo, I thought i was going mad.

Folks always need to keep in mind that most of these CCTV units are crap. I even find it difficult to ID people on them when they've been caught in a hold up or something.

I don't know much anything about the bar or where the windows are, but to me it looks like lights coming through from the outside - a car for example.

Ok, watched the video, forget the smoke, that is the least of their problems. This occurred at night no one was in the place (allegedly) it was 1.55, they checked that video the next day, why? who knows! but did they not even realise the camera was jerking ...just as if someone was holding it!

They even stop the camera before it completely ends....as if someone had "done" enough and did not want to be seen on the camera leaving.

I would like to see the footage of 10 minutes before the '"smoke" starts and 10 minutes after. Without that, then this is a fake.